Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Website that details what planes are used for what routes?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Flying to Cape Twon from Paris in september with KLM,

Just wondering if i can find out what Plane they usually use for this route?

No reason other than curiosity, I just like to read up about what I will be flying in.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Not sure about a website, but as far as i know, KLM use a Boeing 777 for that route

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Airline websites usually specify what aircraft are (typically) used on each route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Try the KLM site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Are you flying Paris Cape Town direct or via Amsterdam. If you are flying direct then I suspect you are on a code share and flying Air France?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Foggy43 wrote: »
    Are you flying Paris Cape Town direct or via Amsterdam. If you are flying direct then I suspect you are on a code share and flying Air France?

I actually messed up as i hadnt seen the itinerary in a while,

Flying Amsterdam to Cape Town,

And the return is Johannesberg to Paris,

Anyone which KLM aircraft are used for these two routes?

From what i've gathered it is the 777-200 i think,

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

You could have a look here.

http://www.flightstats.com

Example

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=130495216

Flight Status Results
    Flight: (AA) American Airlines 54
    Date: Jun 23, 2008
    En Route On Time
    Estimated Gate Arrival at 3:29 PM
    On-Time: 1.5 of 5 What this?
    Duration: 4h 00m
    Equipment: Boeing 767-300 Passenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

As always "Pics please"!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Have a closer look at your itinerary as KLM do not fly JNB to CDG. You will be either on Air France or Kenya Airways. Kenya Airways fly B777-200/300 but via NBO.
    Possible part of flight numbers 994, 997, 461, 112. The last two are KQ or Kenya Airways.

All KLM aircraft carry the name and logo of Air France. Long haul and KLM have MD11's, 747-400, 777, A330. The A330 is used on the AMS LHR AMS route and sometimes replaced by the MD11 or 747-400.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

If you have booked it and have your reservation number you could check viewtrip.com which lists what plane will be used, nut this depends on whether the agency/site you booked with updates to this site.
    Usually the airline you booked with would list the plane type when you check the itinerary online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Foggy43 wrote: »
    Have a closer look at your itinerary as KLM do not fly JNB to CDG. You will be either on Air France or Kenya Airways. Kenya Airways fly B777-200/300 but via NBO.
    Possible part of flight numbers 994, 997, 461, 112. The last two are KQ or Kenya Airways.

All KLM aircraft carry the name and logo of Air France. Long haul and KLM have MD11's, 747-400, 777, A330. The A330 is used on the AMS LHR AMS route and sometimes replaced by the MD11 or 747-400.

Thanks,

Just noticed the flight number is AF 0995

So clearly an Air France flight from JNB to CDG just like you said.

So it's most likely to be a 777-200/300 then?

Thanks for all the help people, now to check some pictures out :)

Hrm, scratch that, from the AF wiki it seems they use either the A330-200 or A340-300

• Advertisement
Advertisement