Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Spin 3

• 23-06-2008 1:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Heeerrrreee Comes Wimbledon Fever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's a lot different to the last one in that it's a lot more sim like, positioning and suchlike is very important. I was decent enough at the last one but i'm sucking at this one so far! visuals are great though..... do the tennis school before playing people or you'll get mauled (like me!) possibly ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Heeerrrreee Comes Wimbledon Fever.

I dont get it.

mountain lips, how does it compare to Virtua Tennis 3? I havent played any of the previous Top Spins but really enjoyed VT

Melion wrote: »
    mountain lips, how does it compare to Virtua Tennis 3? I havent played any of the previous Top Spins but really enjoyed VT

Virtual Tennis is ok but it's very arcadey, you don't have too much say in shot placement other than left or right, Top Spin kicks it's arse really! give it a shot, it's very rewarding....once you get decent! i'll give you a game if you get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, Top Spin is not pick up and play, I like virtual tennis because I can invite the lads over and have a good game of doubles without them having to know the ins and outs of the game, if you invited them to play top spin 3 they wouldn't have a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I picked it up at lunch time (for PS3). I used to play a lot of TS2 on the 360 and had a great laugh particularly when there's more than just yourself playing. I'll give it a bash tonight and see how it plays.

TC

Hows the online play? (Xbox 360)

Hows the online play? (Xbox 360)

I haven't tried it yet.... i'd get walloped at my current skill level!

According to the Eurogamer review, online is pretty smooth and lag tolerant....
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I downloaded the demo yesterday and all i can say is wow.

This is what a tennis game is supposed to be. The graphics are stunning and so smooth, the gameplay is the best ive ever seen in a sports game like, you have to get your footing right to play a shot and time your swing. Its unbelievable.

Advertisement