Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any firms pay for the MAcc

• 23-06-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

My friend got a job with a Big 4 company and they're paying for a Professional Diploma in Accounting in DCU for him. That will exempt him from Prof. 2/ CAP1 and thats €7,500.

Have you heard of the Big 4 ever paying for the MAcc? Its €10,900, but exempts them from Prof. 3/CAP2 aswell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Fruiti

Yes - they paid for it for me. Not the full amount - they pay up to 7,500 and give you 2,500 of a spending allowance for the year (for Tax anyway) and 500 book allowance. So if you do it in Smurfit, you need to make up the balance yourself, if you do it in DCU or Galway I think the 7.5k covers it. That was 2004/05 so its possibly more now.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ok, I feel completely jipped to be honest. As far as Im concerned, if my employer did that for one employee but not me they are basically paying us different wages for doing the same job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Fruiti

I don't get what you mean? They'll pay for the macc for anyone who requests it at interview time and gets a place on the course. In my firm there were 15 of us who got sponsored on the macc when I did it - it's a much higher number now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Fruiti wrote: »
    I don't get what you mean? They'll pay for the macc for anyone who requests it at interview time and gets a place on the course. In my firm there were 15 of us who got sponsored on the macc when I did it - it's a much higher number now.
    Ok, well then Im just gutted I didnt know this. It definitely wasnt mentioned at my interview

Advertisement