Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridgewood Swords

Options
  • 23-06-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Does anyone know what happening withthe local security in the ridgewood area. seemingly there has been problem with vandilism in the area but I havnt seen anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The only security I'm aware of is the black 4WD that does regular circuits late evening/night (think it's a company called Millennium Security) and the night watchman who looks after the last unsold units of The Cedars (mainly the 2 bed own-door apartments facing phase 5 of The Oaks)

I've not seen anything unusual, other than a funny exchange between the night watchman and some pissed and bewildered punter who obviously hadn't a clue where he was...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

aye on of my friends foudn this lad in the bush between ridgewood and rivervally out of his mind drunk!!! Has anyone heard about that sport (think its where the roundabout is in rivervally) between rivervally and swords that they are opening it up to dublin bus?? Not ideal when you live in the apartments facing it!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

swordsinfo wrote: »
    aye on of my friends foudn this lad in the bush between ridgewood and rivervally out of his mind drunk!!! Has anyone heard about that sport (think its where the roundabout is in rivervally) between rivervally and swords that they are opening it up to dublin bus?? Not ideal when you live in the apartments facing it!! :mad:

I heard the wall at the roundabout is going to be smashed and the road between the new playing field and beside the apartments will effectively become a 'main' road into the estate.

Also heard from a mate up there that there was a car burnt out up there recently beside the apartments ! WTF?

When I bought my place 3 years ago I was told they planned to open the road up for buses only, i.e. they would have some form of automatic barrier that could only be opened by bus drivers. Sounded like bull, but would be good if there was a bus service into Ridgewood, been pissed on more than once walking to Boroimhe to wait 30mins for the 41c...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

I hear ya but I dont fancy being woken up eary on sat morning with the bus roaring by - may sllep on the couch :) - Any ideas on time lines on this. Aye car was set alight and seemingly cars have been broken into down in the car park!! Nice to see we have good neighbours!

• Advertisement

Any ideas on time lines on this.

Was told that over three years ago, so I'm not holding my breath...:D

Advertisement