Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in dublin for sunglasses?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

I'd rather try them one in person than buy online. Are the outdoor adventure places any good or should i stick to LBS's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

May not seem right to everyone, but I was browsing in sunglasses hut, found a pair that I liked but didn't buy there and then. Found them on eBay and bought them online. I didn't set out to do it this way, but I saved 50% on the price, even with delivery included... I don't see the point supporting businesses if they are overcharging you!

Also depends what you are looking for - a decent pair of wrap-around, polarized & UV protective shades will not set you back too much, provided you don't want a designer label.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Bought mine on eBay as well. Try eBay pro sellers in the US, good value :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

It depends on what sort of glasses you are looking for. If you want Oakleys or similar, then Sunglasses Hut is possibly best bet, if you want a decent pair for use while cycling alone, probikekit have 'em for about 15 quid, which is well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

bwardrop wrote: »
    May not seem right to everyone, but I was browsing in sunglasses hut, found a pair that I liked but didn't buy there and then. Found them on eBay and bought them online. I didn't set out to do it this way, but I saved 50% on the price, even with delivery included... I don't see the point supporting businesses if they are overcharging you!

Beaware of cheap imitations. We've all seen them on holidays abroad and they are very very convincing. If it looks so too good to be true it probably is. Sure ebay doesn't condone pirated stuf blah blah blah but they're not going to police it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I buy alot of stuff on e-bay. I normally have a look at something in a shop and then search to see if it's on e-bay, as it was mentioned earlier there's normally good savings to be made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

It depends on what sort of glasses you are looking for. If you want Oakleys or similar, then Sunglasses Hut is possibly best bet, if you want a decent pair for use while cycling alone, probikekit have 'em for about 15 quid, which is well worth it

ill second that tiny
    ive these from pro bike kit
    Less than twenty quid, five different lenses and a case as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

paddyb wrote: »
    ill second that tiny
    ive these from pro bike kit
    Less than twenty quid, five different lenses and a case as well!

I suffer from a case of fatheadedness which makes it hard to find sunglasses that fit the mallet - are these on the small side or the big side?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I suffer from a case of fatheadedness which makes it hard to find sunglasses that fit the mallet - are these on the small side or the big side?

I'm fairly wide in the head and they fit just fine -they're pretty stretchy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

cycleways have a decent collection of oakleys, and cyclogical have got loads of Giro sunglasses on show. oakley radar path, theyre the business indeed. pricey tho.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Try The Great Outdoors, Chatham Street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement