Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mikey -what ye think?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Whats everyone think of mikey? I think hes brilliant and destined to win!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Out of curiosity, what is it you find brilliant about him? I'm just asking because from what I've seen, he hasn't....really...done anything!

It's mildly amusing when he's in the diary room and starts shouting when he gets passionate about whoever he's bitching about.

Anyone see the Sunday night Project last night (suprisingly enough) where they impersonated Mikey running into a door, trying to escape Kat who had turned into the hulk! Funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

guess just that the fact hes such a lovable character and always up for a laugh, im not a huge fan of many in the house. Mikey and Kat would be my fav.. at the moment anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Found him creepy when he went in. Hasn't really improved from that point.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Found him creepy when he went in. Hasn't really improved from that point.

What is it you find creepy about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Does anyone else think that there may be something else wrong with him. He seems to lack any sort of energy, and seems very physically weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

I wondered about him being in bed so often during the day, yes, but I presumed it was because he doesn't seem to get much sleep with Sylvia & co disturbing him at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I don't really see any major bad points to him yet, though I do wish he would keep a top on more. That being said, there is very little to make him interesting either, he has to be a candidate for chronic fatigue syndrome the amount of time he spends lying around. He nearly died after doing 30 skips in a row too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Mr.S wrote: »
    he does **** all! I mean the whole blind thing has worn off, and you dont see the other housemates helping him as much, he just lies around all day, has a wander about, bitches in the Diary Room, and then talks with Mario and Lisa in the bedroom

What do you expect him to do? He's in an environment he's not used to, there are people milling about all over the place, yes people maybe think they're helping, but at least three times I've seen people go "Watch out that thing could hurt you" and then POINT at whatever it is they're warning him about! It doesn't take much to include the guy in things, it'll be very tiring for him trying to use all of his other senses to cope with and get used to the new surroundings and people. It's enough to drain anyone.

I'd imagine if he's in there longer he'll be able to be himself a little more, particularly if there are few people around etc.

It doesn't take much to be considerate, there's a difference between that and molly coddling someone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I think he'll chuck it in at some stage. The noise and arguing will get too much for him and he'll be off. Interestingly Paddy Power seems to agree as he had pretty good odds to leave.

Have to say, he's not entertaining me at all at the mo'. Maybe Dale could help him to leave... ;)

I think hes a pretty likeable character and in fairness there isnt much to do in there apart from lie around the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

But surely he must have known there would be people
    up at all hours during the night?
    Aren't they told all this before they go in,
    and assessed as to whether they will cope.
    l'd say he will be fine when things die down a bit.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I think you missed the point of what I was saying. When there are lots of people milling about it can be difficult for someone who is blind to negotiate their way about the place, particularly when they're not used to an area. In this case especially if people or drunk etc. and as they're not used to dealing with a blind/visually impaired person, it's perhaps safer for him to stay in one spot if and when he can!

Amz wrote: »
    I think you missed the point of what I was saying. When there are lots of people milling about it can be difficult for someone who is blind to negotiate their way about the place, particularly when they're not used to an area. In this case especially if people or drunk etc. and as they're not used to dealing with a blind/visually impaired person, it's perhaps safer for him to stay in one spot if and when he can!

Agreed but he can still be a laugh when they are having parties etc.

Dyflin wrote: »
    I think he'll chuck it in at some stage. The noise and arguing will get too much for him and he'll be off. Interestingly Paddy Power seems to agree as he had pretty good odds to leave.

Have to say, he's not entertaining me at all at the mo'. Maybe Dale could help him to leave... ;)

Never changed my mind as quick about a housemate,Entertainment he's not,
    What a potty mouth!
    Ya could have heard a pin drop when he was talking about his girlfriend and his guide Dog,
    True or not it was too much!!!!:eek:

Jaysus, Chubby Brown would have cringed at the material. :D

After this happened, on the live feed yesterday, Darnell made the point that some of the other male house mates have discussed much more vulgar things, and people didn't bat an eyelid, but because it's Mikey; the isolated blind guy, people don't expect it, and act shocked.

I think he has a point. If Stu had of been up there cracking the same jokes, the likes of Jen, Dennis, Sylvia, and Bex would have been in stitches.

The biggest thing that hurt Mikey was not the content of the gags, but the fact that he had no timing, and delivered them so poorly. Just my opinion though.

Jaysus, Chubby Brown would have cringed at the material. :D

After this happened, on the live feed yesterday, Darnell made the point that some of the other male house mates have discussed much more vulgar things, and people didn't bat an eyelid, but because it's Mikey; the isolated blind guy, people don't expect it, and act shocked.

I think he has a point. If Stu had of been up there cracking the same jokes, the likes of Jen, Dennis, Sylvia, and Bex would have been in stitches.

The biggest thing that hurt Mikey was not the content of the gags, but the fact that he had no timing, and delivered them so poorly. Just my opinion though.
    l dont think it was the timing,
    l'm still cringing and l would be no matter who came out
    with THAT!
    He made it sound like it was the last thing he did
    with his girlfriend. Lets hope she doesn't exist.:(

He made it sound like it was the last thing he did with his girlfriend. Lets hope she doesn't exist.:(

But this is what I mean, he didn't deliver the joke at all, he worded and timed it all wrong. The likes of Billy Connolly have been earning a crust for years telling these sorts of jokes, but doing it in the manner in which it is delivered properly., and people can feel comfortable laughing at it.

See the point your making...BUT...l'm STILL cringing!:pac:

oh my god , his stand up routine last night made me cringe so badly :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

+1 You could see the tumbleweed blowing across the floor!!
    I think hes a bit of a creep! The jokes were FLITH! he was a fetish for dressing up in womans clothes and he washes his willy in a cup! URGH!!:o

• Advertisement

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭eclectictrek

Irritating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Sorry, just can't stand Mikey! His jokes were revolting. His eating peanut butter from the jar with a knife was disgusting and unhygienic. Washing his willy in a cup equally so and sneezing on the crisps during the crisps task - eeeeugh.

Blind or sighted - that's just gross. :(

Advertisement