Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda slow with July pricing?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

What's the story with that? A bit embarrassing for them. Any other manufacturers left?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

yeh i've been wondering the last week or so - no sign of volvo or saab either last time I checked.

I can't help but wonder if the aggressive pricing from BMW and Merc have caught some of the distributors by surprise and they've had to rush back to the drawing-board?

Its unlikely though - I suppose these things would have been decided a long time ago. Come to think of it - Volvo and Saab will be pushing their Flexifuel and BioPower discounts right until midnight June 30th!

But yeh - surprised by Skoda given VW have theirs. Maybe intro of new Superb is causing a prob - though the UK pricing for this is already out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Octavia 1.9Tdi Classic 5dr - €21,095
    Octavia Tour 1.9Tdi 5dr - €19,555
    Superb 1.9Tdi Elegance - €32,795 (all sold out though)

I'm still waiting on full list of ex. works pricing from my dealer, just had these 3 for pricing I had to do last week.

Currently missing:
    FIAT
    Jaguar
    Nissan
    LandRover
    Subaru
    Skoda

Not sure if Volvo, Opel & Renault have officially been released but they are out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

How do these 3 measure up against what you expected R.O.R?

AudiChris wrote: »
    How do these 3 measure up against what you expected R.O.R?

Well......

Looking back at E92's sheet now you bring it up.

He predicted the Octavia 1.9Tdi Classic should come in around €21,003 and the Octavia Tour should be €19,372.

All in all it looks like practically all the VRT saving are being passed on, but no major shocks like Merc / Audi.

Which is a damn shame as a VRS 2.0Tdi 170bhp DSG for peanuts would have gone down well.

Now let me get back to work persuading people not to pay through the nose for Audi's, but to go for an Octavia instead - sure it's almost the same size, the spec is so much better, and think of the BIK saving. If I can work my magic on an ex Audi brand manager, then the rest of the world are easy pickings :D

But what will the neighbours think??? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That you have more sense than money?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

R.O.R wrote: »
    a VRS 2.0Tdi 170bhp DSG for peanuts would have gone down well.

Do you mean that the price of that one stas the same :confused::(

Also I dont see the Hyundai pricings yet.
    The Sonata looks some car for the money :)

That you have more sense than money?

:rolleyes:

vectra wrote: »
    Do you mean that the price of that one stas the same :confused::(

Also I dont see the Hyundai pricings yet.
    The Sonata looks some car for the money :)

Price will come down on the VRS TDi - I'd guess around 30k wouldn't be too far out on the Manual, but it looks like another 3k for the DSG version :(

Sonata 2.0d Classic - €26,800
    Sonata 2.0d Deluxe - €30,500
    Sonata 2.0d Deluxe Auto - €33,600

Kia Magentis comes in around the same price as the Sonata, but you'll have to run them for a damn good while or I reckon you'll still loose your shirt on them - no matter how good a car they are now.

It's OK - I also do a nice sideline in Audi Badges to fit on Skoda's. Cheapens the Skoda image, but some people like it :D:D:D

• Advertisement

It's OK - I also do a nice sideline in Audi Badges to fit on Skoda's. Cheapens the Skoda image, but some people like it :D:D:D

Touché :D

Price will come down on the VRS TDi - I'd guess around 30k wouldn't be too far out on the Manual, but it looks like another 3k for the DSG version :(

Sonata 2.0d Classic - €26,800
    Sonata 2.0d Deluxe - €30,500
    Sonata 2.0d Deluxe Auto - €33,600

Kia Magentis comes in around the same price as the Sonata, but you'll have to run them for a damn good while or I reckon you'll still loose your shirt on them - no matter how good a car they are now.

You mean run the Kia or any of them ?

You mean run the Kia or any of them ?

The Kia and the Hyundai. I reckon the Hyundai will do better than the Kia for holding it's value, but the Old Sonata had a terrible reputation (well deserved having driven a few) so the used values on the new ones will still suffer.

The Skoda shouldn't be too bad.

The Kia and the Hyundai. I reckon the Hyundai will do better than the Kia for holding it's value, but the Old Sonata had a terrible reputation (well deserved having driven a few) so the used values on the new ones will still suffer.

The Skoda shouldn't be too bad.

Just what I wanted to hear :D

Octavia Vrs TDI it is then :cool:
    I dont think I would ruin it with an Audi Badge though :D

*Chris storms out of thread, slams door behind him*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Superb 1.9Tdi Elegance - €32,795 (all sold out though)
    That's pretty sh!t value when the 2 litre Passat can be had for less than a grand more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Octavia 1.9Tdi Classic 5dr - €21,095

Sounds steep enough?

That bloody 1.9 needs to die at this stage though.

Biro wrote: »
    That's pretty sh!t value when the 2 litre Passat can be had for less than a grand more.

Equal to the Elegance ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Equal to the Elegance ? :confused:

Well, to compare like with like, 1.9 Passat Highline €32,905. So €110 saved by opting for the Skoda. You may have more room in the back seats, but you'll pay in the long run with depreciation. The Superb was never good value, and by the looks of things, nothing has changed.
    The Octavia remains Skoda's trump card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Is that the old Superb or the new Superb?

€32k is terrible value for money either way, as noted above. Try selling on a Superb vs a Passat and let me know how it goes.

You can boast about having a much better badge too if you're into that sort of thing.

Actually, €32k is even worse if it's the new model because the new 1.9 TDI is in 16% VRT.

Unusual why Skoda still doesn't have July prices, it's 8 days to the change at this stage, and VW released theirs about a month ago, while Seat and Audi released theirs about 2-3 weeks ago.

Hyundai prices have surely been released - there are ads down here in Cork about how an i30 will be less than €19k from July (€18,995 IIRC)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yep E audio are out with them a while, but just released base car prices, they still haven't got any option prices with a week to go so VAG are obviously not too well organised on it. There should be significant reduction in a lot of the option prices, but it will be interesting to see are they planning on clawing back some of the reductions in base price via options..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

prices are up on:

http://www.skoda.ie

Anyone have a Volvo price guide yet?

Thats retail I assume?
    How would you figure the OMSP Of the RS TDi @ €29,285
    Cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

prob doesn't include delivery etc. omsp is a black art, you have to wait on revenue. A good guess is usually 8% off RRP.

copacetic wrote: »
    A good guess is usually 8% off RRP.

8% off this you mean ? €29,285
    Or 8% off €29,285 Plus delivery etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I noticed the 1.6 FSi Octavia is now cheaper to tax than the 1.4 16v and 1.6 8v units. Downside is they are charging a hefty premium for the FSi engine.

Still a substantial gap in price for the old 1.9 TDi v 1.4 petrol too.

Advertisement