Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board recomendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I got a 7'8" RockyPoint mini mal in tubes in Cork. Came recommended from the guy in the shop (obviously!), who steered me away from the BIC boards. Seems fine to me, but I'm no expert...

They seem to be doing a lot of deals too at the moment if you're down that direction - http://www.tubes.ie/index.php?pageID=83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Never heard of them, i persume they are bigenner plastic boards, im looking for an intermediate epoxy mal, nowhere near cork either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

No, it is epoxy. Why he told me to go for that over the BIC board.

Here's something like it - http://shop.ridersurplus.co.uk/rocky-point-7ft-6-mini-mal--bag--leash--wax-433-39-p.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

You've said you're looking for "a beginner epoxy mal thats no bigger than 7'10"?
    ("Malibus" start at about 8 foot something depending on who you're talking to.)

What you're looking for is a standard minimal, the same as everybody who starts surfing buys. No different really, look on the Irishsurfer classifieds and see if theres a cheap secondhand one going.
    When you advance, you will know what you want :)

Any of those 7'9" epoxy boards are the same on the water really for a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

No i never said i was a beginner, i have a couple of years under me already, i have had a bic 7'3 & 7'9 & most recently a circle one 6'11, now im looking for a good 'mini' mal 7'6 to 7'10, not glass as as i'd be too worried about smashing it up, as i said the circle one 7'10 look like the best i've seen so far, i saw one of the rockport yesterday in the shop, they are a little chunky and i dont really like the finish on them !!
    will prob buy the circle one if nothing better pops up, going to have a look round the shops in sligo at the weekend too and see whats there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Notch000 wrote: »
    No i never said i was a beginner, i have a couple of years under me already, i have had a bic 7'3 & 7'9 & most recently a circle one 6'11, now im looking for a good 'mini' mal 7'6 to 7'10, not glass as as i'd be too worried about smashing it up, as i said the circle one 7'10 look like the best i've seen so far, i saw one of the rockport yesterday in the shop, they are a little chunky and i dont really like the finish on them !!
    will prob buy the circle one if nothing better pops up, going to have a look round the shops in sligo at the weekend too and see whats there
    Ahh right, no worries its just when you said that you were looking for an epoxy mal 7'10" or under that I assumed you were, as a mal would be classed 8'6"(ish) and upwards.

Any of those 7'10" type boards would be grand, pick a light one if you didn't like the BIC. Not sure why you'd upgrade from a 7'9" to a 7'10" though, they are basically the same. A bit lighter, yeah.

Advertisement