Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to buy a Chinese person as thanks?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Long story short... Chest infection caused a coughing fit caused me to pass out causing me to hit my head hard off the ground, cutting open my head. It happened in a Chinese takeaway and two of the lads working there were very quick with getting a first-aid kit to the wound, a glass of water to my hand and an ambulance to get me to hospital.

I was thinking about grabbing a twelve year old Jameson for them to say thanks for looking after me, but I want to make sure it's an appropriate gift. I'm going to drop into them tomorrow (Monday) evening so if anybody can say, "yes it is, that sounds perfect" or "god no, get them a [insert product name here]" i'd appreciate it.

I realise they were just doing what their insurance no doubt demands they do, but they did it quickly and they showed real concern, keeping me conscious and alert until the ambulance arrived and I wouldn't want that to go unnoticed. Thanks in advance...

[moved from AH with mod's permission...]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A basket with flowers and sweeties, and a Thank You card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

i'd say the gesture itself would be appreciated, the fact that you're thankful enough to feel a gift is due would go down well.
    jameson seems like a good one (it'd make me happy:D)

Advertisement