Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conveyance solicitor qualification

• 23-06-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am currently selling a house and have hit a real snag that I hope someone can shed some light on for me.
    During the renovation of this property the original puraflo system was damaged beyond repair(the digger backed into it and literally fell into the hole).I replaced it with a bio-system as a direct replacement.
    The original planning was granted and completed by the previous owner in 2005 and I have had 2 architects certify that I have not broken any planning laws and that my replacement is in compliance of all planning laws and the original planning requirements. I also have the Agrement cert from the approved installer and they are backing up everything that I did also.
    The purchasers solicitor has sent everything I produced into the banks legal team for a qualification. I don't know what this means, but its holding up the sale the last 6-weeks.
    Needless to say I am in a chain as I am waiting to purchase something else.

Can someone tell me is this notrmal, and in their opinion what may happen.

Thanks in advamce for any replies.
    Slimbo

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Slimbo wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I am currently selling a house and have hit a real snag that I hope someone can shed some light on for me.
    During the renovation of this property the original puraflo system was damaged beyond repair(the digger backed into it and literally fell into the hole).I replaced it with a bio-system as a direct replacement.
    The original planning was granted and completed by the previous owner in 2005 and I have had 2 architects certify that I have not broken any planning laws and that my replacement is in compliance of all planning laws and the original planning requirements. I also have the Agrement cert from the approved installer and they are backing up everything that I did also.
    The purchasers solicitor has sent everything I produced into the banks legal team for a qualification. I don't know what this means, but its holding up the sale the last 6-weeks.
    Needless to say I am in a chain as I am waiting to purchase something else.

Can someone tell me is this notrmal, and in their opinion what may happen.

Thanks in advamce for any replies.
    Slimbo

This would be a standard development. The purchasers solicitor is basically not going to put his/her balls on the line and is passing on responsibility.
    It is now a buyers market so these not much you can do unfortunately, consider it lucky to have a purchaser interested. Also, the same is applicable for the dwelling you want to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Slimbo

Thanks for the reply, as you appreciate I am nervous that the sale will not go through.
    Would the bank instruct their legal team to fail the qualification by any chance? (Sorry if I am sounding green here). I ask this as the purchaser has a 100% loan, and we all know how scarce they are nowadays.

If everything was supplied thjat was requested then why would they not give the okay, surely this is not in my favour now if it has gone to the banks legal team.

Slimbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I can understand your frustration and concern but the main thrust of your post is of a legal nature and unfortunately we dont allow any form of legal matters to be discussed here.

I would suggest that you talk to your own solicitor about this matter as he/she would have come across issues like this in the past and are obviously in a better position to advise you.

You could also try posting the query up in the legal forum but it may be an idea to PM one of the mods there in advance to see if its OK to post it or not as they dont allow much discussion on legal matters there either.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement