Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post the OMSP Before and after July 2008 here

Options
  • 23-06-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been done before, but I’m convinced that the OMSP after July will be the same or very close to the current OMSP figures quoted because the car industry will end up losing loads of money on current 2nd hand stock. When infact low 2nd hand co2 cars should reduce in value and high 2nd hand co2 cars should increase in value.

So, to prove if im right or wrong, would people logon to https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculatorCc

Now before the end of the month and cut and paste a few cars (or your favourite/future cars) on to this thread and then compare the difference (if any) after July and do the same.

So to start, here’s my choice:

MAKE: BMW
    MODEL: 320 E90
    VERSION: D SE 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    MILEAGE: 50000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JULY 2006
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €35743
    RATE OF TAX: 30.0%

And the other end of the CO2 scale:

MAKE: AUDI
    MODEL: RS4
    4.2 FSI 420BHP 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / PETROL ONLY /
    MILEAGE: 25000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: AUGUST 2006
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €81044

and another one that interest me

MAKE: AUDI
    MODEL: A4 2.0 TDI S LINE 168BHP 05DR / ESTATE / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    MILEAGE: 50000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: JANUARY 2007
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €35835

i will post these car on this post in july and see if theres a major change in OMSP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Being a right sceptic, I've decided to take note of the vrt of a handful of cars (noted make, model, varient, mileage, first reg, etc.) and compare the OMSP to that of their new system from tomorrow on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

peasant wrote: »
    threads merged

I don't get on well with other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

that actually made me laugh out loud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddy1976

Hi guys - new on here - Paddy's the name - the OMSP on some high-end models seems to be incredibly high - Range Rover's for example, the OMSP on a 2006 model is between €80,695 for a Jan model and €83,915 for a Dec model, while they are actually retailing, even for a Vogue model for between €65,000 - €70,000 - so in effect you now pay 36% on €80,000

I see from the examples that you used above, that the BMW OMSP went down in price, but the RS4 went up - OMSP is now
    €88755 - €7711 more than before July -

So my question is, when they come up with an OMSP of €88,755 - are they basing that on what the car should retail at now with a VRT of 36% or 30% and then they ask us to pay 36% of that, especially since there is one in stock in Castleknock for €69,950

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

They're stating what they think the car will sell for second-hand in the open market.

They then charge 36% of that.

OMSPs for second-hand vehicles are dependent more on supply and demand than VRT (although a bigh VRT change in new vehicles is causing a change in how people value that car second-hand)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddy1976

Thanks Chris - interesting - but would that explain why the OMSP has increased dramatically since July 1st? Is it that it is so much more expensive to buy a new RS4 now that the OMSP for a used one has increased?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

I noticed that on an e92 m3. Went up by nearly €10,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

paddy1976 wrote: »
    Thanks Chris - interesting - but would that explain why the OMSP has increased dramatically since July 1st? Is it that it is so much more expensive to buy a new RS4 now that the OMSP for a used one has increased?

Quite possibly they're increasing the prices because the prices of the new cars have gone up. Others will say they've increased the OMSPs to increase VRT revenue as they're currently losing VRT by the bucketload on new cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

With the fall in new car sales I think they need more revenue, so have pushed the OMSP up, I looked up a 2005 Volvo xc 90 and their price was 10k more than the most expensive one on carzone. I am sure SIMI wont complain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement