Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2009 Announced!

Options
  • 23-06-2008 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16877/Konami-Announces-PES-2009/

Lets hope they pull their fingers out of their arses for this one or i'm sticking with FIFA again....

“The announcement of a new PES game is always a highlight for Konami, but PES 2009 looks set to reaffirm the series’ utter superiority,” commented Jon Murphy, PES Project Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We are committed to extending the realism of the new game with a wealth of key gameplay additions, and will produce a football title that truly embodies all the skill and pace that is good about the modern game.”

Erm, let's hope so....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Wooo! That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I hope they concentrate on fixing the lag in multiplayer. If they dont, they are screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

PES 2008 was **** yet still had more fufilling gameplay than Fifa.

I don't care about licences as long as they have an in depth edit mode, and further improve game play. Hopefully the AI is much smarter, and by that I don't mean just harder to break down, I mean attacks more, and adopts tactics which suit an individual game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

PES 2008 was **** yet still had more fufilling gameplay than Fifa.

Have you actually played the last 2 iterations of FIFA? it's way more realistic than PES which is now just pure arcade gameplay really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

they need to revert back to players not being able to hold off other players, like in 6 where you couldn't just run past a player...and make the refs physically invisible, the amount of times I've conceded as a result of one of my players crashing into the ref...grrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Have you actually played the last 2 iterations of FIFA? it's way more realistic than PES which is now just pure arcade gameplay really.

My Pes disk broke, so I'm left with Fifa....the game is decent. Passing is terrible unfuffiling. The players have no personality....its just typical Fifa.

I do like the penalties though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Im a big FIFA fan and a semi-professional gamer in the FIFA series... But i honestly hope PES gets back to kicking FIFA's arse again. This year was a loss for Konami, the 1st in 6 years, its time to come back stronger. Anything less and the series could be over because EA know they done good with FIFA and FIFA 09 will be speactacular. Konami need to learn from their lesson in complacency.

I find FIFA more of a chess game than a sports game (sorry Mikey), no personality or expression.

Nailz wrote: »
    I find FIFA more of a chess game than a sports game (sorry Mikey), no personality or expression.

lol its not like a made FIFA. I agree about the chess thing and have said it numerous times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

Sweet. I can't wait for this.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    lol its not like a made FIFA. I agree about the chess thing and have said it numerous times before.
    Oh then I'm glad you agree! :pac: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive played every version of PES so far and PES 2008 was a massive disappointment for me. Less arcadey gameplay please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I'm holding out high hopes for this release and I have a feeling it will deliver. A complete overhaul on the master league is also needed, its gone untouched for years, they even had a less functional ML in PEV2008...come on Konami sort it out for the sake of mankind!

The question is did Konami realise they fucked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Nailz wrote: »
    The question is did Konami realise they fucked up?

I'd say so. There's nothing like 'following on from the massive success of PES2008, Konami will release'.

It's as if PES2008 is the ugly daughter no one wants to talk about anymore.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It's as if PES2008 is the ugly daughter no one wants to talk about anymore.
    Yeah I can't remember the PES forum being so quiet. After the previous games the forum was never quiet, after this, it gone dead in 2-ish months.

Yeah Konami know they f'd up.

Seabass came out and said "I dont like this version, it is more than one patch can fix so i apologize to the fans who waited for this. It is a step backwards for the series." I laughed when i saw that because i was in the middle of confronting fanboys who claimed it was "Easily the best footie game eva!".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Even being the first disappointment of the series, 2008 was still better then fifa 08 but that shouldn't be the aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

PES 2008 was an abortion of a game that didnt deserve the name PES.As bad as it was I didnt slip over to FIFA just stuck to PES6 and still play it online.Unless the new version is something special Im not going to be suckered again.My local Game store has a shed load of PES 2008 that were traded in that they cant get shot of.

And just for the record Ive played and loved PES since 1997 on PS 1.

I laughed when i saw that because i was in the middle of confronting fanboys who claimed it was "Easily the best footie game eva!".
    Why would they think that, I don't understand Fanboys, if a game is shit, its shit. People (even the games biggest fans) should see that. Proper fans do, like most of us on this forum. But the word that got to me was "easily". Pfff! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have both Fifa 08 and Pro 08. Prefer Pro tbh.

It has been a disappointment, cause there are just so many stupid little mistakes in the game that kinda ruin it for me (such as the comp changing your play just as you slide, meaning your CB is now on the ground and the striker has a clear run on goal..... arse!)

I really hope the new one will be an improvement.

Don't mind about the graphics.
    Don't mind about the animations.
    Want smarter players (COVER THE RUNNER!!)
    Want a lot more editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PES 2008 was an abortion of a game that didnt deserve the name PES.As bad as it was I didnt slip over to FIFA just stuck to PES6 and still play it online.Unless the new version is something special Im not going to be suckered again.My local Game store has a shed load of PES 2008 that were traded in that they cant get shot of.

And just for the record Ive played and loved PES since 1997 on PS 1.

pah... noob! I started with the series with ISS on the SNES! (got a SNES just so i could play it:D)

Also, does anyone know if GoalStorm on the PS1 was the first 'next gen' appearence of ISS? I remember it having the same player names and playing style as ISS Deluxe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Thought ISS Pro was the first PS1 ISS game, no?

Haven't heard of GoalStorm, sounds intriguing tho!

Yeah im a PES grandad aswell.

ISS Deluxe on the SNES, then ISS 64 on the N64. I still play ISS 64 to this day "Its a friendly match between NIGERIA! and Wales?... GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLL! OH OH OHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I vaguely remember ISS on the snes come to think of it! I've also been sticking with pes 6. Anyone up for a game online (PC) anytime soon pm me. I wasn't sure if there'd still be online functionality. The thing about fifa is the guaranteed no lag policy. Pes can be touch and go at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

Hope it's a good game

PES 2008 has wrecked my whole Pro Evo love affair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yeah im a PES grandad aswell.

ISS Deluxe on the SNES, then ISS 64 on the N64. I still play ISS 64 to this day "Its a friendly match between NIGERIA! and Wales?... GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLL! OH OH OHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Bulgaria were the team to be,

play 3 up front: Kosidinov - Anybody (the rest were crap enough) - Stoichkov

Shoot from the wings with curl ... good times!

Me and my brother had some serious epic battles. Brazil VS Bulgaria ... amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Brad Goodman

ISS and ISS Deluxe on the SNES were light years ahead of any other football games around at the time and it took until ISS Pro on the PS 1 to better them. The first few Fifa's on the PS 1 were a ****ing shambles. One even had an 6 a side indoor setting that was just horrific. My skin is crawling just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I sold my PS3 because PES2008 was so bad, i'll play it when its released and if its any good i might just buy another PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

MOG7 wrote: »
    I sold my PS3 because PES2008 was so bad, i'll play it when its released and if its any good i might just buy another PS3.

A bit drastic no? They have other games :D

Advertisement