Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2009 Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Goalstorm was the first ISS and made by Konami. Still have it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

MOG7 wrote: »
    I sold my PS3 because PES2008 was so bad, i'll play it when its released and if its any good i might just buy another PS3.
    Jesus, fair enough, your money. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

kensutz wrote: »

Nope,

The first ISS was on the SNES, and it rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kensutz wrote: »
    PAH!

First off, FAIL! :D

as said, ISS on the Snes was the first, followed up by ISS Deluxe on the snes and megadrive. Then we had Goal Storm on the PS1, which i'm still not convinced is part of the ISS series - it had the same player names but the game name was different, and ISS Pro came out shortly enough after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I sold my PS3 because PES2008 was so bad, i'll play it when its released and if its any good i might just buy another PS3.

Whathahaha!!
    Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ps3 version was crapper than pes on ps2 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

pes on the ps2 isnt even a new game. that was basically the same as last year. they didnt even put in the new features.

So better than the ps3 version then?

I'll take that as it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

jebuz wrote: »
    A bit drastic no? They have other games :D

Well ye but Gran Turismo Prologue was poor and i wasn't a big fan of many other games lol

It was a bit drastic but i ave to say it was terrible, stuttering in the game nearly made me throw it in the bin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It was a bit drastic but i ave to say it was terrible, stuttering in the game nearly made me throw it in the bin!

You're a man of over-reaction it would seem! :D

I know what you're saying on the PS3 though, tis a bit pooey game-wise at the mo, I traded mine in after a month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

PES 2009! wow! i never saw that coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

You're a man of over-reaction it would seem! :D

I know what you're saying on the PS3 though, tis a bit pooey game-wise at the mo, I traded mine in after a month!

lol well i needed the money for http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055284374 my project and the ps3 was sitting around rarely being used so hey presto:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

lol well i needed the money for http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055284374 my project and the ps3 was sitting around rarely being used so hey presto:D

Nice!
    Cato wrote: »
    PES 2009! wow! i never saw that coming!

Madness! I think most other people did! :pac:

Nice!
    Madness! I think most other people did! :pac:
    It ****ing is isn't it. And Mountain Lips, it's my job to be the condecending one! Get your own job!! :p:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

This had better be a major improvement on the current PES! The gameplay needs to be more realistic and they REALLY need to fix the online mode!

Come on Konami, you can do it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

WellyJ wrote: »
    Nope,

The first ISS was on the SNES, and it rocked.

Brilliant game. Get in there Cronin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.pesgaming.com/blog/pes-2009-news/232/pes-2009-champions-league-mode/#comments
    PES 2009 Champions League Mode

Posted by Peter Willis in PES 2009 News on Wed 09 Jul 2008

I was informed last week that Konami had indeed acquired the Champions League licence, but told it may not be in PES 2009. I was then told 2 days ago that it is in fact going to feature in Pro Evo 2009… but opted not to post it as there is a NDA in place. But, you know what, I didn’t sign any NDA - Konami never tell us a thing, they apparently don’t care about 10,000 PES fans coming through our door every single day. Not one single acknowledgement came from Konami following Dan Bolas’ massive effort at putting together a letter containing the thoughts of the fans.

So screw ‘em, this post is a little bit of a two fingers up to Konami for ignoring us for the past 6 years. You may already know this if you hunt through the forums of a certain website for long enough, but…

The Champions League mode WILL be in Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. Not a seperate game.

That is all.

Hopefully it is implemented well. I do wonder what it will mean in terms of licenced teams. The word from people in the know is that we will still only have two premiership teams, but if the CL license means anything at all surely it would mean fully licensed CL teams (all 4 english qualifiers etc)

Still gameplay first konami, gameplay first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

Tauren wrote: »
    http://www.pesgaming.com/blog/pes-2009-news/232/pes-2009-champions-league-mode/#comments

Hopefully it is implemented well. I do wonder what it will mean in terms of licenced teams. The word from people in the know is that we will still only have two premiership teams, but if the CL license means anything at all surely it would mean fully licensed CL teams (all 4 english qualifiers etc)

Hmm all sound good to me :)

Tauren wrote: »

Not sure where it was or when but i saw the clubs listed somewhere before and it had most english teams on it, was a number missing though

• Advertisement

More than likely bull, I think they're only entitled to 2 independently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I wont bother getting this on launch day. Will wait to see what others think first. PES 2008 was a bitter disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

PES 2008 on the PS2 was absolutely brilliant! The gameplay was . . . . dare I say it . . . . perfect!
    On the PS3 However, obviously it wasn't ****e but relative to the high standards we are allowed to expect, based on previous Pro Evos, it wasn't great

But the PS2 version of PES2008 was exactly the same as PES6, I wouldn't exploit it as a single brilliant game.

It wasn't exactly the same. The player movements and runs were far more intelligent and the players were constanly on their toes and being active. The passing was a lot slicker and the player movements were better animated. The shooting was improved in that the technique and ball flight was better. The editing mode was fantastic, Master League highly addictive. It was such an addicitive, free flowing football game

BrightEyes wrote: »
    It wasn't exactly the same. The player movements and runs were far more intelligent and the players were constanly on their toes and being active. The passing was a lot slicker and the player movements were better animated. The shooting was improved in that the technique and ball flight was better. The editing mode was fantastic, Master League highly addictive. It was such an addicitive, free flowing football game
    Sorry pal, but I didn't notice any of these things.

So when ppl moan about Pes2008, they are talking about the ps3 version?

Well that explains why I never understood the furore. I never played the ps3 version, though I agree the ps2 version was very similiar to pes6-that was no bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Xbox 360 version also was 'flawed' to be polite.
    - Offline it was good, but not up to the standard it set for itself.
    - Online was almost a complete joke - lags-ville.

The 360 one aswell. Well in all fairness, I don't see a terrible amount wrong with the PS3 though, it's just offline. Most peoples problem with it though is that it's too arcadey, I can see what they mean, but it doesn't bother me.

• Advertisement

At first glance I didn't either but as you get more into the game you notice little improvements in the gameplay which make it amazing. It is such a playable game.
    Maybe you just don't play Pro Evo enough . . . ;)

Advertisement