Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2009 Announced!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Exactly, a few people gave up on it too early. FIFA might have improved, but PES is still better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Anybody else think we should be due some sort of money back from PES2008 or get a discount on PES2009 cos the online feature didn't work properly?

I mean if you bought a new jacket and one of the pockets had a hole in it then you could get a refund or repair.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

PES 2008 was **** yet still had more fufilling gameplay than Fifa.

What the hell are you talking about? FIFA was much, much better this year....for the first year ever. Hell, its even widely acclaimed FIFA was better this year. PES has taken huge leaps backwards, and FIFA has taken huge leaps forward. I loved Pro Evo up to this year.

Judge a game on what it is, not preconceived BS because it has a good (or bad) name.

No pal, FIFA improved this year, Pro Evo was a let down this year. It doesn't mean that FIFA is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea i'de agree. I think I was blinded by fifa's perfect lag free experience and all the flashy presentation. It is the best fifa by far but imo it still doesn't quite feel right (even though the movements are more real). Ye don't get as much satisfaction from scoring and it feels like when ye concede a goal it wasn't a tactical mistake ye made, or a bad decision, it just feels like the game let you down.

• Advertisement

I think your way of looking at it was very accurate Jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

My only real complaint about PES this year was the goal keepers, they are shocking!! FIFA was also a very playable game this year, but not perfect either! The '09 realeases will be very interesting!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Konami really owe us loyal PESFans. I gave up on FIFA in 99, actually all football games. But I remember watching a DVD from some game magazine which had a goal of the month competition in Pro Evo 1 and was blown away by the variety of goals that could be scored.
    They restored my faith in football games. But every year (Since PES6) they seem to be trying to let FIFA catch up to the point where it's hard to say truthfully that FIFA sucks anymore. I play master league. Can't play onXbox Live because they screwed that up. I mean what was wrong with it in PES6 that they had to change it?
    For the first time since Pro Evo 2 I'll be renting this one first. I really don't want to buy my first FIFA since FIFA98:RTWC but I think this year I may be forced to concede defeat to my FIFA loving friends and give in.
    Don't make me do it Konami:
    Pull the finger out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nailz wrote: »
    No pal, FIFA improved this year, Pro Evo was a let down this year. It doesn't mean that FIFA is better.

I have never seen such truth. This is it exactly, I have this horrible feeling alot of ppl waited for PES to have one year where it didn't progress as much as previously and then called it worse than Fifa.

It should be noted that I found the ps2 version of pes2008 to be just fine (perhaps a little too much of a goal fest and not 'enough' of an improvement on pes6) and definitely not the crap fest ppl say it was on the ps3.

• Advertisement

I do my best...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

All but confirmed that Man United and Liverpool are the licensed teams in PES2009. A few media places have been playing a preview code of PES2009 and this info has been leaked out. WENB have it on their site but can't confirm it as 100% official, but after last year they are being a lot more carefull so for them to say it, it is pretty much a lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm hopeful that competition from FIFA will bring about the best in PES 2009, just as it brought out the best in FIFA last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea me too. I haven't played pes 2008 much at all (don't have it) but someone mentioned its goalkeepers. The goalkeepers in fifa are such a liability I find. Especially when trying to get them to come out but also just their general intelligence.

In all aspects of fifa, passing, defending, goalkeeping you are at the mercy of the games ****ups imo, much moreso than pes games. Pes is more precise and responsive. However to be able to say that I enjoy fifa most of the time is something I never would have dreamed of a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Uefa 08 > Fifa 08 * 2 & > PES 08 * 200

That's not the most truthfull of post I've seen but that's your opinion, and you present it as facts. I don't understand the * 2/* 200 either.

Uefa 08 is twice the game fifa 08 is...and is 200 times the game PES 8 is.

Pes 8 was a piece of **** this year. Don't think it's just my opinion, look at the people who used to be hardcore fans of pro evo. It's gone to ****. And they have to make it right this year but if Uefa 08 is ANYTHING to go by, it will be very hard but I hope they do it. People are sick of the same master league and arcade game play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Whats PES 8?

I know of PES6 and more recently PES2008....

Meant PES 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

cheesedude wrote: »

Pes 8 was a piece of **** this year. Don't think it's just my opinion, look at the people who used to be hardcore fans of pro evo. It's gone to ****. And they have to make it right this year but if Uefa 08 is ANYTHING to go by, it will be very hard but I hope they do it. People are sick of the same master league and arcade game play.

+1

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote: »

I'm a hardcore PES fan, not a big fan of 08 but i still prefer it to Fifa08 - which just doesn't have any sparkle for me and the goals provide no satisfaction, hardly even a reaction. I haven't played Uefa08, so I don't know how it differs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

UEFA Euro 2008 is alot better.

My situation is, for the last 5 years ive been a "October to September" (in other words 11 month player of PES) hardcore PESfan and a semi-profesional gamer at FIFA. It was always PES = Love, FIFA = Work.

But this year the roles reversed because one team put alot more work into their game.

I dont want FIFA to be amazing and PES to be ****, i want them both to be so damn good that my head explodes because i cant decide which to play.

Was reading WENB last night, and Adam was saying that the gameplay of both FIFA and Pro is very different but BOTH are very good this year. Hopefully he is right.

I don't like them to be different though as Uefa 08 is spot on with the gameplay...maybe a few tweaks here and there but if Fifa 09 is uefa 08 with club teams etc, I'll be in love. I'm delighted with the gameplay of Uefa 08.

If you want my honest opinion, I doubt Pro Evo will be as good this year again.

Fair enough, but saying PES was "shìt" this year isn't entirely spot on now. PES was a downgrade this year, it's not half the game PES5 was, like I beat my brother in all 4 games last night and he had very frequent outbursts at the game because of all the little things they got wrong. Konami went at it half-arsed this year, but just because Fifa made little or no faults in the passing and AI departments doesn't mean it more of an enjoyable game than Pro Evo is, and games are there to be enjoyed, are they not? Well last time I checked Fifa is a depressing bastard of a game (IMO).

but just because Fifa made little or no faults in the passing and AI departments doesn't mean it more of an enjoyable game than Pro Evo is, and games are there to be enjoyed, are they not? Well last time I checked Fifa is a depressing bastard of a game (IMO).

Try Uefa 08...rent it/borrow it. Just play it. I can't believe it hasn't been made more of a big deal. The gameplay is brilliant, I can't wait to see what Pro Evo 2009 is like, I hope it's awesome. I love Pro Evo ahead of Fifa.

Rented it from Xtravision 2 months ago it was good but it wasn't as fun as PES, even though it's half arsed! But I'm must admit, it's a quality game.

BTW, how come half of your posts are down as 'Geest' Tauren?

Rented it from Xtravision 2 months ago it was good but it wasn't as fun as PES, even though it's half arsed! But I'm must admit, it's a quality game.

BTW, how come half of your posts are down as 'Geest' Tauren?

No, all my posts are fine - it is Cheesedudes posts that have gone weird. Don't know why. Same in the soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Anybody notice that the advertising has started already for pes 2009? It was on quite a few of the billboards around Anfield for the game tonight.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote: »
    No, all my posts are fine - it is Cheesedudes posts that have gone weird. Don't know why. Same in the soccer forum.
    Oh right sorry, that's a bit odd alright. Might ask him, not able to access soccer, yet...

Advertisement