Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hypnotistism

• 23-06-2008 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys , Im wondering has anyone ever been to a hypnotist for weight loss?? Its hard to know if it really works unless hearing actual Testimonials?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 shelly4720

Hi there,

I have tried hypnotism for weight loss alright (I have tried everything at this stage), really all they can do is get you into the correct state of mind for weight loss - obviously you have to want to loose weight (duh!) before you go, I just had one session where you come out feeling very motivated with a distinct goal (usually visual). The weight doesn't fall off just because you've been hynotised - you have to change your eating habits and exercise, same as any other weight loss effort, it's just that you have great motivation and lack of desire for junk food. I did quite well for a few weeks then I had a few nights out in a row and I fell off the wagon. But that was just me - if you prepare yourself for the treats and just start afresh the next day you'd be fine. Worth a shot if you have issues getting your frame of mind right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I had a session with a hypnotist, and it was useful, but it's not a miracle worker. I found it useful for getting into the habit of drinking water rather than nibbling snacks, but the must helpful thing was in insight into why I nibble in the first place (meals spent under the disapproving eye of a mother who didn't like having a fat daughter meant that the only food I enjoyed was the stuff eaten away from the table).

In the end, you have to do the work yourself.

You can buy self-hypnosis CDs or even MP3s to do it yourself. Or you can write out your own affirmations and record it onto your mobile phone. I did one along the lines of "I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I have a strong healthy body that enjoys exercise. I love how I feel when I lift weights"

Advertisement