Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anniversary Gift for Husband

Options
  • 23-06-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Ok. My 4 year wedding anniversary is coming up in September. I know that's months away but I am giving myself time in case I come up with a genius plan that requires lots of planning.

We have booked ourselves a very nice 4 day trip away. He's the most awesome husband ever and I want a special gift to go with it, but we are on a budget because of the cost of the mini-break. We've never been in a financial position to "properly" celebrate our anniversary before so I want to make this a good 'un.

Gifts associated with your 4th anniversary are fruit/flowers and linen/silk, so that's not much help.

Maybe you can think of something?

His interests:

Football
    Keeping fit
    Whisky (looked up vintage whisky from the year of his birth and the very cheapest bottle before delivery was nearly €90...it's in the maybe pile)
    Cinema
    Music
    Travel
    Gigging
    Current events (big fan of Atlantic Monthly magazine, for example)
    Theology
    History

Ideas? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps something here http://www.greatdaysout.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Since you are planning so far in advance how about taking the time to make up a gift hamper comprising of different things you know he enjoys. It shows you really know him and have taken the time to think about it but doesn't have to cost the earth. Some suggestions for what to include, based on his interest;

Whisky - Maybe include one of those mini bottles of whiskey, ask a friend who is flying or staying in a hotel soon to bring you back one or you sometimes see a gift pack of Irish Whiskey minatures,
    Cinema- Memebership of Irish film institute
    Music - Corny, but how about making a cd of music that is special to you both? (ah, the old mix tape!)
    Gigging - Tickets to a gig?!
    Travel- A good atlas or travel book

Current events
    Theology
    History - For these three a magazine subscription or book?

If you wanted to just get one thing, a hard to find history book might be an idea. You could also try a whiskey tasting course http://www.irishwhiskeyevent.com/ (never used them).

Oh, and for the silk part how about something for you that could be, ahem, appreciated by him on your trip away?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Both brilliant ideas. Going to have a good root around that website, Biko, and start working on a hamper too. I love it! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Was asking in work what to get my hubby for our 18 month anniversary (today :))- I know that you guys are going away for yours but how about going back to the place that you went on your first date? It may sound a bit boring but at least it is romantic. Now to get my hubby out of the house...

Advertisement