Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect question

Options
  • 23-06-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

How long after you graduate does your connect account stay open? I ask because I was thinking of saving some stuff on my H drive with a view to accessing it from various parts of the world when necessary. Will this be possible?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It seems a bit random, I think accounts tend to stay active for a couple of months, but I'd be more inclined to use something like .Mac or Rapidshare to keep them safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Probably a bit dodgy so! The mere sight of the rapidshare site makes me ill. I could just save the stuff in an email but can't decide if that's secure enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Aagh! I think they closed my account!
    Can't log into it at all, Authentication Failure and all that

Pretty frickin inconvenient, considering I put that email address on a job application...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

I don't think they closed your account. I can't log into my account, I just tried and there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to. I'd guess that they're doing work on the servers or have disabled it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    I don't think they closed your account. I can't log into my account, I just tried and there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to. I'd guess that they're doing work on the servers or have disabled it for a while.

*Phew*, hope you're right mate, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

It was early August 2006 before they shut mine, and I sat my last exam on June 7th 2007. I never backed it up, and lost everything, which was a pain in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Mine was still open in the middle of June. I wonder if it's been closed yet. I handed my dissertation in at the end of September. *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Connect seems to be down again since last night. Bloody annoying. :mad:

Advertisement