Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 in BG from Wednesday... will you get it?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

With the S2 gear available for purchase with honor points this Wednesday are any of you gonna bother getting it?

I hate the Paladin s2 gear with a passion (If you havent seen it, picture a pink power ranger covered in poo... seriously)

Im pretty much finished with PvP, i play for fun now and then! Anyone getting a full new set though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just 69 on my hutner and have just over 20k honor points and loads of badges on him.

think im gonna ding 70 and get the crappy blue pvps set and work towards gettin the weapon first, then go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No, I hate PvP. Though I might do a few BGs here and there and get wings for my holy priest's stamina set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I will be. Been farming BG's all weekend in my new pvp guild. Managed to get all the vind items. Will prolly use my arena points to get the gloves and will buy the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I'm getting some of it for my priest and lock just for looks tbh. I'm in love with the Season2/Tier5 look. Plus I enjoy PvP on those chars the odd time, might try arenas properly once I get the gear. Shame the warrior set looks fairly crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Going to get the S2 Shoulders for my hunter for pvp (All ready have T5 Shoulders for pve). Might also get the chest for a short while until i get raiting 1600 then buy S4. After that i will buy S4 hands and legs, im not good enough to get shoulders or head with the item raiting required. Almost have 5000 arena points now so S4 has come at a good time for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

i'ma gonna use ma leet pvp skillz to pwn sum nubz an get me da EPIXXXX!!!1111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

If only my stuff looked a little cooler, the hands and legs are better then what I currently have (s1 gear) But they look terrible.

Hope I can get something better dropped when I begin raiding again.

Hanza wrote: »
    If only my stuff looked a little cooler, the hands and legs are better then what I currently have (s1 gear) But they look terrible.

Hope I can get something better dropped when I begin raiding again.

Don't worry about how they look but how they perform. But saying that now, S2 is going to be freely available it wont make you any better then the next as he/she will also have S2. With S2 u will hardly need to go to kara, unless to pick up some Nice BOJ and trinkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I'll be grabbing the healing mace for my priest, but other than that I'm more of a casual pvper so will just pick the rest up over time.

SO whats the story with this crap, everyoen on my realm is sayin s1 will be scrapped to what the rep pvp stuff is, and s2 will be approx 50% more expensive then current s1.

• Advertisement

from what i have read the s2 will cost the same as s1 with regards to honor and badges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

S4 was released last night on US WoW. Holy jesus, the weapons look horrible. The lock set doesnt look too bad. Everything apart from the gloves will require a team rating. The cost of vengeful has been reduced, and the rating of weapons/shoulders too. The new honor gear, titled "Guardian" which consists of belt, boots, bracers, neck and rings have replaced most of the vindicator gear. The belt and neck require no arena rating, but the rest do.

Any realms up yet, am itching to get my s2 stuff !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

nah wont be getting it cus i dont play no more :p

OMG, just saw the S4 weapons... some are ok, but the 2H axe and healing mace are horrible.

The axe looks like a green heater and the mace looks like (honestly) a butt-plug! The paladin gear is gick! Wonder what the rest looks like, have seen the Warrior gear too but thats it.

Anyone have any pics

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it's dissapointing that most of the new battleground gear (formerly S2 Arena gear) requires an arena status level, I thought that would only ever apply to current arena gear.

I think its just the stuff that co-insides with the new Arena gear that requires the arena rating, such as the boots, bracers and trinkets, that sorta stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Gonzo wrote: »
    it's dissapointing that most of the new battleground gear (formerly S2 Arena gear) requires an arena status level, I thought that would only ever apply to current arena gear.

This is wrong,

The actual S2 sets (Merciless Gladiator's) , Helm, Soulders, Chest, Legs, Gloves do NOT have any rating requirements.

The S2 equivalent (Vindicator's) Bracers, Boots, Belt, Neck, Rings do not require a rating either.

You are looking at the Guardian's stuff I guess, which is S4 equivalent Bracers Boots, Belt, Rings, Necks.

So there you go :)

First bit of s2 gear. Was farming AV for ages to get the marks and some honor. Went ot the dude and it turned out i needed 20 AB marks. So back off to AB i went ;_; But luckily enoug i manages to join 3 ab's in a row that were 30 secs/1min from finishing and gained fulled marks. Half thinking about griniding another 20k honor tonight to get the bow, but using boj's seems like a batter idea. I have enough points saved up to get the s3 hands next wednesday too.

wowscrnshot062508211318vh4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My druid only hit outlands last night so no s2 for me yet. just another 9 levels to go before i can kit him out in kodohide gear.

Then i just need to find warrior/rogue to pvp with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

I had 30k honour lying about (my life's worth of honour) and a load of marks so got the S2 helm and the S2 chest. Then I went and did about 12 ABs in a row to get some more marks for my S2 shoulders :) Only need 7k more honour now to get them.

The S2 lock shoulders look class. Am looking forward to getting them.

Im not all that good in pvp but my hunter is getting nicely geared now.
    3 pieces of S4
    5 pieces of S3
    3 Pieces of S2
    2 Pieces of S1

Need to get my raiting over 1600 now, well that is the plan. Then can get rid of the 2 bits i have left from S1.

1600 rating is what, about 10 games in a row? Im glad the area ratings got reset my 2v2 was just over 1200 as the shammy in my team hasn't a clue on how to dps in pvp, so kicked him and got a fire mage. Anyway back to another day of honor grinding ._.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Anti wrote: »
    Anyway back to another day of honor grinding ._.
    That sentence sums up exactly why I left the game. The never ending grindfest is mind numbing. Even when you get your new gear you'll soon need to grind all over again to get the newer gear. It never ends.

If you won 7 or 8 games in a row u will be over 1600 raiting once u started at 1500 raiting. Will do some arena at the weekend and see how it goes. Sometimes its luck you get the same team 4 times which is great if your winning, but not when your not.

I don't find WoW all that grinding, the only daily i take part in is the PvP dailys so in time i have loads of Honor points. I don't grind for money as money is easy to be made. But i do agree some people spend hours grinding each week & if they used their heads i think they do not need to do half if any of it.

Well the choice is, do a small bit of pvp daily and get the gear in approx 1 month, or grind like crazy for a week and get all the gear in a week. over 10k honor farmed since 11:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

After 1 year away and thinking id sold my account to goldfarmers i manage to reactiviate it. The account didnt actually go through and it was simply a case of forgetting the password.

Joined a 2v2 team on tuesday with a rating of 1123. A warrior and druid had played 27 games with a score of 3 - 24. Jeepers but feck it ill play a few games and get some arena points anyway. I knew there was a 10 game minimum per week. PLayed 12 with the warrior with a score of 8-4. Got the rating up to 1250.

Next day no arena points. "You must play 30% of arena games per week". Kick in the teeth

And S2 gear is not bad at all for hunters. I just have the shoulders from S2 & the Xbow that i bought with arena points 6months ago. And going to replace S1 Chest and Legs with S4 shortly. Then i will be very much all set for PvP.

Only thing is im not sure if i should use Lots of Stam gems for arena. Think i will give it a try and get my hunter up to 13k health and see how it goes.

13k hp is a lot for a hunter!

what spec are you? a mixture of agility, stamina and attack power would be better than stamina only id say.

i could be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Could be time to actually play some arena games this weekend and get myself some S4 LOLRET gloves with the arena points I've had sitting around for about 9 months since I stopped playing holy... I've got crapall pvp gear though, but I have a BT mace :)

Advertisement