Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for cheap courier for car parst from UK

Options
  • 23-06-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get a rear bumper for a 406 coupe. Nothing available in Ireland and price new is out of hte question.

I've come across some breakers in UK but they're looking for £160 for delivery for an £80 bumper. It represents good value over a new bumper but still the shipping seems very expensive.

The package would be about 2m x 1m x0.5n and weighs 25KG.

Anyone got any tips on getting it over for less?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

I get parts sent over via interlink (they have a new name now i think)
    2 day delivery, for £36, by coincedence i got a set of bumpers last week for my volvo 1800.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

mountain wrote: »
    I get parts sent over via interlink (they have a new name now i think)
    2 day delivery, for £36, by coincedence i got a set of bumpers last week for my volvo 1800.

Cheers, will check this out

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Darando

www.dpd.ie - new name for Interlink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

interlink/dpd do not cover all carparts, they only do items with weight up to 30 kg. They stated that they had problems in the past taking shipments of car parts from abroad. You could try DHL but you need to know the exact measurements and weight of the package before you contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

G Luxel wrote: »
    interlink/dpd do not cover all carparts, they only do items with weight up to 30 kg. They stated that they had problems in the past taking shipments of car parts from abroad. You could try DHL but you need to know the exact measurements and weight of the package before you contact them.

Thanks they should cover package of about 2m x 1m x0.5n and weighs 25KG then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement