Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Roche Grand Prix

Options
  • 23-06-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Anyone racing in this ?

I went to watch last year, great evenings' entertainment...

Stephen Roche Grand Prix 25/06/2008 to 25/06/2008
    From 7:15pm Dundrum
    The Stephen Roche Grand Prix will take place in Dundrum on Wed 25th June. Cyclists will complete a number of circuits of Meadow Mount and Meadow Grove. Up to 100 cyclists are expected to participate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I'll probably go along to watch and take some pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

25 laps around the Roche's parents estate :o) ... with Primes every 5 laps or something.

I might go to watch ... since it's an orwell event.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Sounds like a good one to watch all right, just down the road from me, I may be along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

yeah mite pop along, you should all race instead of spectating, especially if your wit Orwell......who knows the man himself might be there along with Nicolas (if he is was riding nationals)

both were there last yr, lets just hope the weather holds.

• Advertisement

i'm nursing a 2 week cold/chest infection, hence the spectating

Can we just go and race, without a license? If so, screw spectating, I'll be the one at the back ;-)

blorg wrote: »
    Can we just go and race, without a license? If so, screw spectating, I'll be the one at the back ;-)

You can buy a 1 day licence on the day for this one orwellwheelers.org they tell you all about it

Actually ... i am not sure. I was told that, but it doesn't say it on the site...

in all national races you are able to buy a one day licence, there wil be a cycling Ireland commisare at the race (there is one at every race) and you buy the one day licence of him..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i might be racing this one. depends really on how i feel on saturday, i think you have to feel good for this one, there's no way i'm hanging at the back in a crit.

ba wrote: »
    i might be racing this one. depends really on how i feel on saturday

:confused::confused: eh race is on tmw night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

definately not doing it now. thought it was on sunday. bummer.

On reflection, a tight-cornered fast-paced crit is not going to be an optimal introduction to road racing for me ;-) I'll probably go along to watch however.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nicolas Roche raced in it last year, which should give you a good idea of how fast it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

So, anyone want to set a meet point and time for folks goin to this? (I don't really know Dundrum too well!)

I am not what time and where I'll be there ... but I'll have to wear Orwell gear even if I don't race and if that's any help and I'll have a blue back pack with me and I'll be on my specialized bike ... i'll be cycling from D15 to Dundrum via the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Well I will be going from Donnybrook around 7ish.

kenmc wrote: »

Is that where the corner shop is? what time?

• Advertisement

yep, corner of beaumont avenue, there's a londis/hairdresser/chinese takeaway ....
    7:30? starts at 7:45.
    Are the rest of us in uniform? Doubt I'll be on the bike though, so I'd just look silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I will probably wander along! Bicycle yes. Uniform, no.

Verb wrote: »
    I will probably wander along! Bicycle yes. Uniform, no.

Not sure what time i'll get there at but I can try and pop by at around 7.30 outside the shop.

I'll try to be there for 7.30 if I can find the place! :)

No uniform for me, but I'll be on my Paddy Wagon

Say hello if you see me ...

Say hello if you see me ...

If you're heading through the park up to Dundrum, want to meet at the corner of Patrick St and Kevin St and head up together (so I don't get lost!), at say 7.00?

If you're heading through the park up to Dundrum, want to meet at the corner of Patrick St and Kevin St and head up together (so I don't get lost!), at say 7.00?
    Street names ... argh do you have a map?

Just pulled a map. That's perfectly fine with me. Ill be there for about 7.00.

Street names ... argh do you have a map?

Just pulled a map. That's perfectly fine with me. Ill be there for about 7.00.

Cool so, I'm the beardy one on the blue bike, holding a rolled up Herald in my right hand, and sporting a rose in my buttonhole* :)

*paper and flowers optional

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I may come along depending on if I get out of work on time.

• Advertisement

Cool so, I'm the beardy one on the blue bike, holding a rolled up Herald in my right hand, and sporting a rose in my buttonhole* :)

*paper and flowers optional

I was going to say I was the hairy one hehe... chances are I will also wear sone kind of reflective vest.

Advertisement