Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Games In Existence

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

final fantasy on any console,

grand turismo & liveforsped... both fake driving simulators...

c*** of duty 4.... 4 hours to beat it.... yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

The last Commandos, the FPS one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Are you ser-d-ious? You fight basically a boss at the start of the game, and then a jet yoke dropping bombs left,right and center. Then theres an endless stream of enemy's coming left and right when your underground, you try crouch and throw grenades and the terminators crouch and shoot! All you can do is keep throwing grenades and picking up health...:(

Well yeah. I remember the magazines at the time gave it pretty good reviews with the only negative points being that it was far too short, a breeze to get through and the last level was seriously cheap.

If you thought that game was impossible then don't ever play Contra: Hard Corp. I would probably expload with anger if you blasphem probably the the toughest yet one of the most awesome games in existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

-Disney games made for the films
    -Football games that nobody's heard of
    -Any game thats cheap and says on the back you can customize robots
    -Barbie games on PC
    -Pony games on PC
    -FPS games you never heard anything about
    -Rally games....need i say more? Colin McRae Rally on playstation, then he dies in a helicopter crash. So i had to play Tommy Mäkkinen Rally...bad idea.
    -Space aged sports games that aren't real, i think there was one with a glowing ball and you play as teams of aliens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

-FPS games you never heard anything about

Lies. I never heard anything about painkiller until I picked it up for about 4 quid and it was aweseome beyond measure.
    Halo3 on the otherhand was hyped up to the Nth degree and was still a rancid mess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

-Disney games made for the films

But what about the snes and megadrive versions of aladdin and the lion king and all those wonderful Capcom nes disney games :O
    -Football games that nobody's heard of

Nobody heard of PES until recently it was really obscure for years even back as far as the ISS days
    -Space aged sports games that aren't real, i think there was one with a glowing ball and you play as teams of aliens?

Speedball 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    But what about the snes and megadrive versions of aladdin and the lion king and all those wonderful Capcom nes disney games :O
    ==

Yup, Aladdin was one of the best platformers I've played. The lion king was class too. In fact as soon as I saw that quote I was thinking of getting the lion king from my cousin in america.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

S.I.R wrote: »

grand turismo & liveforsped... both fake driving simulators...

I found live for speed a reasonably good sim. What didn't you like about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

MOH wrote: »
    The last Commandos, the FPS one.

oh yeah that p****d me of so much cause i loved the series before that one. for me though king kong is the worst game of all time and it will take some beating in my eyes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Indie18 wrote: »
    oh yeah that p****d me of so much cause i loved the series before that one. for me though king kong is the worst game of all time and it will take some beating in my eyes.
    Ahhhh Commandos; what a strat game. One of the few where I geniunely struggled to get past the first two missions :(:D

• Advertisement

Lies. I never heard anything about painkiller until I picked it up for about 4 quid and it was aweseome beyond measure.
    Halo3 on the otherhand was hyped up to the Nth degree and was still a rancid mess.

You never heard of painkiller till recently? Its a very fast paced game, I loved it! So your one of those halo haters?

I'm not talking about them, its the ones that they rush onto game as soon as the film is out.
    Nobody heard of PES until recently it was really obscure for years even back as far as the ISS days

Not talking about PES, I quite remember people playing PES Years ago. Crap Japanese football games and others.
    Speedball 2?

I've never played that game, but there was this weird space sports game that gave me a headache on playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Scorchio MK7

Metal Gear Solid 4: the struggle to stay awake during the boring 45 minute cutscenes.

Oh and 'Greendog' on the Megadrive, worst game I ever bought.

yeah well in MGS4 you can press start and skip the cutscenes if you dont like them! i on the other hand really enjoyed them. They were the best cut scenes ive ever seen in a game real epic stuff. you can hardly constitute how good or bad a game is on its cutscenes since your not even playing the game.

anyway crap games.... vampire rain on the 360, terminator 2 on the snes/megadrive is a load of bollox, time killers on the megadrive is the worst fighting game in exsistence, dr. jekyl and mr. hyde on the nes, the fifth element on the ps1, ninja bread man on the wii (although the box art and concept is cool) there is probly alot more but the effort of thinking of them off my head. :pac:................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Vampire Rain on the 360 is very Bad. Assassins Creed Spectacular graphics , however they forgot to make a am interesting game.

Rise of the robots on the megadrive, i got that for Xmas !!!! 2 players part , someone has to be the crappy android. Monkey Ball madness on the wii, the older ones are classics but this game is truly awful.

Shadow of the beast on the Sega megadrive. 2 shots from anyone on the map killed you. Seriously i used to try and run to one end of the screen just to see how far i could get, my record was 18 seconds.

Eternal Sonata on the Xbox360 , the game dynamics were really good ,but talk about long boring weird cut scenes/ Story !. Unplayable. +

Eternal Sonata on the Xbox360 , the game dynamics were really good ,but talk about long boring weird cut scenes/ Story !. Unplayable. +

Oh come on, Eternal Sonata was a wonderful game :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

You never heard of painkiller till recently? Its a very fast paced game, I loved it! So your one of those halo haters?

I'd like to think i have taste in games, so yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

yeah well in MGS4 you can press start and skip the cutscenes if you dont like them! i on the other hand really enjoyed them. They were the best cut scenes ive ever seen in a game real epic stuff. you can hardly constitute how good or bad a game is on its cutscenes since your not even playing the game.
    Yeah I tried skipping them, but then you're playing a completely storyless, plotless game... lost as to where you are, why you're there and what you're supposed to be doing.
    Granted, I was similarly lost in old games like Doom and Quake, where you had almost nothing to go on... but skipping the story in MGS games really robs you of the experience... which I'm sure the people who liked the cutscenes will agree.
    I know some of the cutscenes in MGS4 are superb and exciting to watch, and I do like to have a storyline to follow... but there doesn't seem to be a happy medium... I either sit yawning through all the boring minutiae or miss the story completely... either experience of the game sucks IMO.
    MGS1 and 2 were fine.
    They should have had a setting in the options to enable more brief, edited cutscenes, where you'd still get all the key information, but wouldn't be left twiddling your thumbs for 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah I tried skipping them, but then you're playing a completely storyless, plotless game... lost as to where you are, why you're there and what you're supposed to be doing.
    Granted, I was similarly lost in old games like Doom and Quake, where you had almost nothing to go on... but skipping the story in MGS games really robs you of the experience... which I'm sure the people who liked the cutscenes will agree.
    I know some of the cutscenes in MGS4 are superb and exciting to watch, and I do like to have a storyline to follow... but there doesn't seem to be a happy medium... I either sit yawning through all the boring minutiae or miss the story completely... either experience of the game sucks IMO.
    MGS1 and 2 were fine.
    They should have had a setting in the options to enable more brief, edited cutscenes, where you'd still get all the key information, but wouldn't be left twiddling your thumbs for 45 minutes.
    There's also the fact that the few gameplay moments that you had, weren't very good anyway. So all in all, it's a fairly ****ty game.

Advertisement