Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Stray

Options
  • 23-06-2008 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Anyone come across a little white and tan long haired terrier type dog ?

I was out loading the car this morning, front door was open and I came back in to find him trotting around the house, hadn't noticed him at all - word must have gotten around the canine world that I am a sucker. He was very friendly, and his paw was swollen - looks like a claw had been torn off, I managed to get a bag of frozen peas on it for a couple of minutes. He wasn't hungry or thirsty, had a collar with no info, and was neutered, so he seemed cared for, someone somewhere is possibly very upset.

I was going to take him to the vet to treat his paw and see was he chipped but he disappeared out the door - hopefully someone took him in ?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Maisy, I was up at the Ultima Oil filling station this morning in Kilpeddar and I think the same dog was there. Lovely nature to this dog. Looked like he has been kept very well by his owner. The petrol station guy there said he took the dog in for the night. I suggested taking him to the vet to be scanned. He might be still up there.

Bag first dibs on keeping him if the owner doesn't claim! No wait, does he like cats?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Wow, if its the same little guy, that would be quite a trek for a little dog with a swollen paw, but thats dogs for ya, never cease to amaze.

He had a very sweet nature, lovely little dog - if its him and the owner couldnt be found, I'd be thrilled if someone could take him ! I'm at full capacity ! I agree he looked well cared for and if someone cared enough to get him neutered, there is a good chance he is chipped - I might give the garage a ring, or motor up that way.

Thanks astrofluff

.....(and later that same day) .... spoke to lovely garage man, not our little guy - I don't think he can travel too far and he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, so therefore Watson, I would deduct that someone is looking after him

Advertisement