Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody playing GRID??

• 23-06-2008 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

Really getting in to this game, especially multiplayer, but I don't see any irish drivers :(. Does anyone from here play this game?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

I've only recently started playing Grid and have really only played it for an hour, first impressions are good, it looks really nice and seems pretty challenging too. Love the replays especially for those top speed crashes. Needless to say I haven't played it online yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Ye Im playing it a good bit now, just havent gone online yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yeah I play this quite often. When im online i am mostly playing ranked matches so i dont think there is an invite friend option in ranked matches. There are a couple of us over at www.exiledgamers.com that play it but it would be much better with more racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Iv been on it now and again, Good craic, if anyone wanted to have a few unrnked races some night im up for it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Nedved85 wrote: »
    if anyone wanted to have a few unrnked races some night im up for it:pac:

Ditto..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cba paying for a live account atm when I'm only around for a week/fortnight at a time.

Playing it a quite a bit myself right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'd love to join in on a few races but my 360 is in a cardboard box ready for it's summer hols in Germany.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I'd love to join in on a few races but my 360 is in a cardboard box ready for it's summer hols in Germany.:mad:
    Doh your eggbox finally kick the bucket. with a bit of luck they will have a fast turn around on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

DingDong wrote: »
    Doh your eggbox finally kick the bucket. with a bit of luck they will have a fast turn around on it

Ah she served me well. Hopefully things will be ok when I get her back but I have a feeling it ain't going to last. Trade in me thinks.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Good to see there is a few people playing this game. Might arrange a game some evening this week so. If anyone else is interested post your GT here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

I am interested as long as its clean driving!! LOL:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone interested in particapating in a GRID league should have a look at our one here which is running every Wednesday night. Couple of decent racers but also a few muck ones. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bah, I'm still running with a skyline at the mo; want to ace those events first before I go mad on drifting so I'm out of a league.

-> which I must say is crazy. My fav mode in it. My first trip out in the Corolla was just like Tokyo Drift when he totalled the car. Excellent game.

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in particapating in a GRID league should have a look at our one here which is running every Wednesday night. Couple of decent racers but also a few muck ones. :D

Would love to join but I play soccer at that time on Wednesday :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'm really annoyed by the crappy drift things in the demo. Won't be buying this game.

The actual racing is fine but this other aspect of it is all nonsense that takes away from the game IMO just like with PGR.

You are missing out then brim. The drifting is a fairly small part of the game tbh yet it still works really well once you get used to it. Its mainly a touring/gt1/lemans type game.
    Buy it anyway and we can organise a few races over at www.exiledgamers.com
    We need a few more because its mainly just me and Easy that plays it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StabCity

bucks73 wrote: »

none of them are muck i assure you, how would you know sure you dont even have the game or never played it with them......it is very bad for an administrator of a website to be making stupid assumptions about the members of the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ah she served me well. Hopefully things will be ok when I get her back but I have a feeling it ain't going to last. Trade in me thinks.;)

I had launch day one and they sent me back same one with new dvd drive and motherboard, running perfectly since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

StabCity wrote: »
    none of them are muck i assure you, how would you know sure you dont even have the game or never played it with them......it is very bad for an administrator of a website to be making stupid assumptions about the members of the site.

Obviously I didnt mean they were muck. Hence the smily after the post. Maybe you should have read it properly first. All the lads on there are well able to race but as with any game some are better than others.

Nice username by the way.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StabCity

you did mean they were muck, thats exactly what you said, i guarantee you not one of them is ''muck'' so dont make assumptions when you have no clue of anybodys skill on the game, you know lying about certain things and banning someone over something you take personal is really childish especially when it was over something so petty, but you kept it escalating and got what you wanted in the end, fair play to ya!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Back on topic, or there will be bannings.

Take petty squabbles to private messages, because nobody wants to read them here.

BFassassin wrote: »
    You are missing out then brim. The drifting is a fairly small part of the game tbh yet it still works really well once you get used to it. Its mainly a touring/gt1/lemans type game.
    Buy it anyway and we can organise a few races over at www.exiledgamers.com
    We need a few more because its mainly just me and Easy that plays it.

I'll join ye guys then, add another car to the start line!

Thanks mika. the more the merrier.
    Ill try and organise to get a race going soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Add me.. GT: unklerosco

Haven't played the game in a while, up to my eyes in work... Hope to get back to it over the next week or two

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Bought this from play.com from €12.99.

As a veteran of the Burnout series, I approached GRID with those skills in my mind and that was a huge mistake.
    I drove straight into a wall after 5 seconds and had to restart the race!

Think I'm getting used to the handling side of it now, it's certainly a challenging beast of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

add me as well, a friend just got it for 13 so id say im gonna get back into it...

gt: fin321

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

If anyone is up for a boards night next week ill play, say Wednesday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Count me in,id say my friend would be up for it as well,if play.com sends it out to him by then that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I might be up for this too... It only shipped yesterday so this wont give me much time to practice though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement