Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul at the Pavilion every Wednesday

Options
  • 23-06-2008 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

In Cork 11pm till late!

Downstairs in the bar

Myself plus guests
    Classic, rare, modern and northern soul

This week upstairs in the club we also have the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble plus local Cork funk band the Impressionists!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Thsi soul night is still going late every wednesday 11pm to close and it's free!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stomper45

Hi,
    live in Dublin but have a few Cork soulie mates be interested in this will pass on info
    cheers
    Danny

Thanks Danny!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stomper45

No probs Steveie

I'll pm you there info over weekend.

Hope its going well for you, mate send me details I have an email goes to about 300 irish soulies and more in uk

KTF

Danny

http://www.myspace.com/sleeplessnightssoulclub

Thanks Man!

If you are ever in Cork let me know we can do something on my radio show!

• Advertisement

More soul at the Pavilion

The Platinum Pied Pipers

Full live show

Saturday September 13th 10PM

at the Pavilion, Carey's Lane

12 euros includes free entry into Musique Del Mundo club night with myself

This is the ****---myself and Colm have been following them for a good few years so when the opportunity came to put them on in Cork it was too good to turn down-for those who don't know, I can't recommend their stuff highly enough, this should be a great show!
    Stevie

akg36q.jpg

PPP (f/k/a The Platinum Pied Pipers)

New album Abundance out fall 2008 on Ubiquity Records-

It’s been three years since Questlove (The Roots) famously revealed: "I listened to the album [Triple P] seven times in a row.......I made 23 friends listen to the album 3 days straight....... at gunpoint - I'm on the run. I will go to jail for Platinum Pied Pipers," and the time has been well used by the duo, who have since changed their name to the more simply stated PPP. The group’s latest incarnation will be releasing a new EP on Ubiquity Records in the spring of 2008, with the follow-up album, Abundance dropping in the fall. Never ones for staying stagnant, PPP take a new, more progressive direction on this project that manages to stay true to Triple P’s soul-based foundation, while broadening its sound and covering plenty of new sonic territory. The result is a fluid mash-up of the group’s array of both vintage & modern influences from pop, house, funk, Detroit techno, and of course, hip-hop - all filtered through the group’s unique vision for the future.

The foundation and backbone of PPP is still the production & direction of old friends, Waajeed and Saadiq (Detroit natives/Brooklyn transplants). Since Triple P, Waajeed has truly honed his craft and developed from a self-taught beatmaker to a full-blown cross-genre, writer and producer, through both his own releases for various labels, including his own Bling47 imprint, and countless production placements & remixes for other notable artists. Most recently, he’s worked on songs with Cee-Lo (Gnarls Barkley/Goodie Mob), Grammy-nominees Raheem DeVaughn (Zomba) and Dwele (Virgin) – plus a slew of exciting new talents, such as Mark Ronson protégé, Daniel Merriweather (J Records/Allido), Estelle (John Legend protégé/Atlantic), Jazmine Sullivan (J Records), and YelaWolf (Sony). Waajeed’s tracks have also been licensed for use in numerous TV shows, including MTV’s Making The Band and Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim programming, among others. Aside from that, Waajeed has also made a name for himself as being one of the most sought-after touring DJ’s in the industry. Saadiq, on the other hand, is a talented and innovative multi-instrumentalist, whose main role in the first project was directing the extensive live shows. On Abundance, Saadiq steps up his role as writer and producer, producing nearly half of the tracks on the album. Together, the duo’s contributions allow Abundance to explore new sounds and ideas well beyond the boundaries of the first album.

On the first go-round, PPP extensively toured the U.S. and Europe for more than a year and a half, with some of the highlights including performing at festivals like Coachella and the Montreal Jazz Festival, and sharing bills with the likes of Roy Ayers, Zap Mama, Brazilian Girls, Mark Ronson, and Questlove. Their talk-of-the-town live shows & tastemakers’ choice debut album led to a more than 125 page press kit containing countless features & honors – including landing in the Top 3 in the Gilles Peterson Worldwide Awards for Album Of The Year, being the runner-up for Urb Mag’s Best Live Act, and most recently, Waajeed & Tiombe Lockhart (PPP Cast I) were the featured cover story for XLR8R’s September 2007 Soul Issue.

The members of PPP Cast I have continued to make noise in the industry, including Ta’Raach, Sa-Ra Creative Partners, and Georgia Anne Muldrow all contributing to Erykah Badu’s most recent release, New Amerykah. Cast I was also fortunate enough to include contributions from Waajeed’s good friend the late, great J Dilla (R.I.P.) as well as notable collaborations with Tiombe Lockhart, Invincible, Spacek, and others. Nonetheless, the group has stayed true to the original “rotating cast” goal of day one, bringing in a fresh new batch of untapped talent in Cast II. The new supporting cast is headed up by rising soul sensation, Coultrain - an awe-inspiring voice & refreshing lyricist hailing from St. Louis, along with female counterparts Karma (TX), Jamila Raegan (NYC), and returning collaborator, Neco Redd (Detroit). All of these artists are brought together under the guidance of PPP and matched with their keen production sense, resulting in some exciting new sounds that are sure to ignite the group’s loyal fan base, as well as demand the attention of plenty of new ears this year.

In the words of Waajeed, the goal in creating the new album was to “put some paint where it ain’t” and fill some of the voids left open by the industry over the last couple of years. As always, the groups method in accomplishing their objective is a fresh approach to production and style which is sure to once again shake-up the industry & reset the boundaries all over again – and then some.

http://www.myspace.com/platinumpiedpipers
    http://www.ubiquityrecords.com/PLATINUMPIEDPIPERS.html

Advertisement