Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Media Center version issues

• 23-06-2008 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

I have a HTPC running Vista Ultimate for over a year and I have Windows Update set to run automatically. My girlfriend bought a Dell laptop a couple of months back that has Vista Home Premium on it and the laptop is not set to update automatically (we live in Ireland by the way).

In Media Center on her laptop the updated UI is shown and includes Internet TV sub-option and the Sports menu etc. I don't have any of these options on my HTPC even though SP1 is installed as is the Cumulative update for Windows Media Center for June.

I have been having problems with the 'Windows Media Center Receiver Service has stopped working' problem and have been having problems with the tuner, but I saw on the web that SP1 was supposed to resolve this specific issue.

Any ideas why my VMC UI has not updated - could it be something to do with the receiver service issue? Any tips on how to solve either issue are much appreciated, thanks!

Laptop Media Center Version: 6.0.6000.16679 (vista_gdr.080422-1604)

HTPC Media Center Version: 6.0.6001.18000 (longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

A mate got back to me saying he had heard something in relation to this and it may be regionally specific so is probably a red herring for me as it's unlikely to explain the other issues I'm having, so you can ignore this thread.

Advertisement