Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

http://www.irishpostcodes.ie/

• 23-06-2008 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Has anyone tried out this site? I did and just got my own postcode.

You can get your own postcode or create postcodes which can be used on Garmin Nuvi 7xx Series SatNav's.

Apparently this is the scheme which the country will be going with.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

like it cheers will be emailing them for the garmin addin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MikeyNT wrote: »
    Apparently this is the scheme which the country will be going with.

This is not the scheme which the country will be going with, it is a scheme invented by these people who are lobbying to have this system adopted - big difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeyNT

Hence the use of the word "apparently".

You sound like you might have a competing scheme on the go there based on the vociferousness of your response?! ;)

And I just heard at the weekend that it's creator is in talks and has been receiving very positive and encouraging feedback from the powers that be.

Taxes and death are the only guarantees in this world, one can only speculate, inform or give opinion outside of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MikeyNT wrote: »
    Hence the use of the word "apparently".

You sound like you might have a competing scheme on the go there based on the vociferousness of your response?! ;)

And I just heard at the weekend that it's creator is in talks and has been receiving very positive and encouraging feedback from the powers that be.

Taxes and death are the only guarantees in this world, one can only speculate, inform or give opinion outside of that.

The plain fact is that this system, laudable and all as it is, is just a proposal and has not been adopted by any official agency in Ireland. Stating that "it's creator is in talks and has been receiving very positive and encouraging feedback from the powers that be" is just sales talk and means absolutely nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeyNT

Unfortunately for me, I have zero vested interest in this proposal or website, so to suggest I was using "sales talk" is rather absurd.

I was merely relaying what I heard from a good source over the weekend. If you think I'm trying to mislead or BS in any way, sue me! Anyway, if you feel so strongly about it, then don't visit the site.

I'd be very keen to hear of any alternative proposals you are obviously aware of? Please send links.

• Advertisement
Advertisement