Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Affluent Facism

Options
  • 23-06-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

I feel that I have been personally targeted for banning from forums because I am Affluent. Some moderators are like worse than fascists. I have been victimized for expressing my views on life, love, fate, happiness and most recently Parties. Like isn't everyone supposed to be able to speak their mind isn't that what democracy is all about. Its the first amendment so suck it up and DEAL. also i am totally pee-ed off cos people were like dagging on me for my use of the English language. i didn't think Boards.ie was a hot bed of language-racism but HELLO it totally really ACTUALLY is. If people are jealous of my lifestyle then thats there problem I'm just saying I shouldn't be punished for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm not sure where the First Amendment, defining "time of war", fits into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

To be honest you shouldn't really be starting a thread in the County Kilkenny forum about it. That will solve nothing.
    You should PM whichever mod that silenced you and talk to him about it in private. Or if you really want to make a public deal about it, the feedback forum is what you're looking for where you can have a public debate.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Its the first amendment so suck it up and DEAL.

I would be most interested in hearing your views on the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America regarding the right to peaceable assembly, freedom to exercise one's religion, freedom of the press and the right to free speech, and how they apply in the context of modern Irish society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

on life, love, fate, happiness
    Irish psychics live?
    Like isn't everyone supposed to be able to speak their mind isn't that what democracy is all about.
    No. Democracy is a system of government by which political sovereignty is retained by the people and either exercised directly by citizens or through their elected representatives. Nothing to do with freedom of speech.
    Its the first amendment so suck it up and DEAL.
    Are you declaring a national emergency?
    also i am totally pee-ed off cos people were like dagging on me for my use of the English language. i didn't think Boards.ie was a hot bed of language-racism but HELLO it totally really ACTUALLY is. If people are jealous of my lifestyle then thats there problem I'm just saying I shouldn't be punished for it.

It's not racism, it's discrimination. Sounding like a character from a Ross O'Carroll-Kelly book, won't help to dis-sway that discrimination either. Suck it up and deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

Ok, so like, what are you talking about?

Like, are you talking about Ireland declaring like war?
    Or are you like, talking about the freedom of speech in the US?
    Or are you transfusing like the two countries and talking about the US being at war?

Also, I think it's like, F-A-S-C-I-S-M, even though the title of this thread is "Anti-Affluent Facism." You would think that with all the money your family has, you would like have a better education.
    Speaking of fascism, you blame the moderators for having that attitude, all the while telling us that everyone should like listen to you no matter what, or else...period.

Ms. Appleby, please, don't flatter yourself. I have no idea how much money you have, but it sounds like you still depend on mom and dad, and it's awfully tacky to declare your social status on a message board.

One more thing: Just because you have the freedom of speech doesn't mean that anyone is forced to listen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who let Sabrina in?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I feel that I have been personally targeted for banning from forums because I am Affluent. Some moderators are like worse than fascists. I have been victimized for expressing my views on life, love, fate, happiness and most recently Parties. Like isn't everyone supposed to be able to speak their mind isn't that what democracy is all about. Its the first amendment so suck it up and DEAL. also i am totally pee-ed off cos people were like dagging on me for my use of the English language. i didn't think Boards.ie was a hot bed of language-racism but HELLO it totally really ACTUALLY is. If people are jealous of my lifestyle then thats there problem I'm just saying I shouldn't be punished for it.
    Your problem is you have a bad attitude problem and your convinced you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Nobody is jealous of you, they have nothing to be jealous about ffs:rolleyes:
    You called everyone poor at the kk city for expressing there views are a kids birthday party. I'll take pity on the poor bastard that'll meet you down the line:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

Plug wrote: »
    You called everyone poor at the kk city for expressing there views are a kids birthday party. I'll take pity on the poor bastard that'll meet you down the line:(

OH MY GOD! I can't believe you said that, I am like the sweetest girl you'll ever meet. I can't actually believe people are hating on me. I think you must have misunderstood me I didn't say that people in Kilkenny are ACTUALLY poor I just meant it figuritively like you might be poor or your probably poor or something. I guess everyone is not poor cos you have a mega-gorge five star spa down there. Any guy would be lucky to have me by the way. I'm fun, outgoing, loving and kind. And also I'd prefer if we didn't make an issue out of the fact that I have money its not a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

OH MY GOD! I can't believe you said that, I am like the sweetest girl you'll ever meet. I can't actually believe people are hating on me. I think you must have misunderstood me I didn't say that people in Kilkenny are ACTUALLY poor I just meant it figuritively like you might be poor or your probably poor or something. I guess everyone is not poor cos you have a mega-gorge five star spa down there. Any guy would be lucky to have me by the way. I'm fun, outgoing, loving and kind. And also I'd prefer if we didn't make an issue out of the fact that I have money its not a big deal.
    Don't forget you love the sound of your own voice, oh and your modesty is definately a strong point :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

god bless you laura appleby, god bless you!

I'm fun, outgoing, loving and kind.

lol:D
    yeah and im hitler:rolleyes:

yeah and im hitler:rolleyes:[/QUOTE

That's in realy bad taste. I'm half-Jewish and making Hitler jokes just doesn't tickle my funny-bone.

To be honest you shouldn't really be starting a thread in the County Kilkenny forum about it. That will solve nothing.
    You should PM whichever mod that silenced you and talk to him about it in private. Or if you really want to make a public deal about it, the feedback forum is what you're looking for where you can have a public debate.

I've decided to seek redress in the County Kilkenny Board becuase this is where the injustice and atrocity like occurred. I'm not going to go to the UN about it like some people!!! County Kilkenny should take responsibility for its totally socio-economic racist citizen. Socio-economic descrimination is a major problem in ireland. I'mnot going to stand for it. My opinion matters.

That's in realy bad taste. I'm half-Jewish and making Hitler jokes just doesn't tickle my funny-bone.
    Jewish eh? Is that why you called us poor?

Anyway I just think this is a wind up, your taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Those last two posts of hers really makes it look like she is just taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

MEGA LOLZ what a first post and thread.this should be moved somewhere that it will receive a wider audience(no disrespect kk ppl)

MEGA LOLZ what a first post and thread.this should be moved somewhere that it will receive a wider audience(no disrespect kk ppl)

That's nothing. Have a look here.

Needless to say it got locked.

Half jewish Half american wannabe which makes one complete ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

In the US, people refer to her type to as a JAP.

Jewish-American Princess.
    ...My opinion matters.
    I think any opinion of a princess should count way more than the poorer working class population.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Another day, another shit thread.

Jeez get a sense of humour I was joking about the Jewish thing, Gucci is my religion :):):):p I don't think you should talk about hitler though, just in general. his name like even just kinda creeps me out it's weird. also can I just ask people to stop ripping on me i'm just voicing my opinion is't that what boards is for? I shouln't have to justify myself to moronic posters who just want to drag me down in to their filthy muck holes with them. BURN!

That's nothing. Have a look here.

Needless to say it got locked.

Its so like pissing me off that I can't even look at this thread is my voice so dangerous to you????? I don't even see what i did wrong people insulted me way more than I insulted them. How do i get this matter seen to by a higher authority? I don't think that some mucker moderator should be allowed to cut me off just cos of my lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You're definitely one of the funniest trolls I've seen, Laura.

You go girl. ;)

I don't think that some mucker moderator should be allowed to cut me off just cos of my lifestyle.

Well you're more than welcome to post some crap in either of the forums I look after and get yourself banned by a mod from Dublin, if that makes you feel any better?

Zaph wrote: »
    Well you're more than welcome to post some crap in either of the forums I look after and get yourself banned by a mod from Dublin, if that makes you feel any better?

I'm getting really mad now!!!!:mad: why is everything I post considered 'crap' and for you're information I post on loads of other threads and lots of times I really make people feel better about themselves and give them loads of helpful advice. I guess country Folk'll just don't get Miz Laura Appleby!

I'm getting really mad now!!!!:mad: why is everything I post considered 'crap'

Now where did I say that everything you post is crap? I was just giving you the opportunity to post any old crap on one of the forums so you could get yourself banned by a mod from Dublin, seeing as you feel being banned by a non-Dublin mod is beneath you. Think of it as Boards providing an exclusive service so you can feel just that little bit more special than everyone else.

I'm getting really mad now!!!!:mad: why is everything I post considered 'crap' and for you're information I post on loads of other threads and lots of times I really make people feel better about themselves and give them loads of helpful advice. I guess country Folk'll just don't get Miz Laura Appleby!

Just trying to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's nothing. Have a look here. Needless to say it got locked.
    lolz thats fantastic!I wonder if laura even understands a third of the words she types?

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Now where did I say that everything you post is crap? I was just giving you the opportunity to post any old crap on one of the forums so you could get yourself banned by a mod from Dublin, seeing as you feel being banned by a non-Dublin mod is beneath you. Think of it as Boards providing an exclusive service so you can feel just that little bit more special than everyone else.
    Now thats quality service:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement