Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Affluent Facism

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Laura Appleby

lolz thats fantastic!I wonder if laura even understands a third of the words she types?

I am actually very well educated Brian. And i run my own successful business. I think its sad that putting me down makes you feel better but whatever I'm over it. I know I am a strong intelligent young woman and I don't need anyone else to tell me that. Plus I'm rich sucker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

hmmmm I wonder....I should become a psycologist...Laura I've diagnosed it http://www.thefreedictionary.com/delusions%20of%20grandeur

Zaph wrote: »
    Now where did I say that everything you post is crap? I was just giving you the opportunity to post any old crap on one of the forums so you could get yourself banned by a mod from Dublin, seeing as you feel being banned by a non-Dublin mod is beneath you. Think of it as Boards providing an exclusive service so you can feel just that little bit more special than everyone else.

the point is that I don't see why I should be banned at all!! the whole basis of my banning as far as I can see is that I supported a young girls right to have a lavish party in spite of all you guys being against it. Because I am from a more priveledged backround and socio-economic group I was descriminated against and banned. May I also add that I find boards in general anti-independent women and misogonistic and picking on a girl is really just mean.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Because I am from a more priveledged backround and socio-economic group I was descriminated against and banned.

You don't know what other peoples' backgrounds are, the internet affords everyone a level of anonymity, so you can't say you're from a more priveleged background as a blanket statement. Other posters may simply prefer to keep their circumstances more private. As for getting a ban for that, don't be silly. People get bans for lots of reasons around here, money and soial standing have yet to be added to the list.
    May I also add that I find boards in general anti-independent women and misogonistic

I take it you haven't found The Ladies Lounge yet?
    picking on a girl is really just mean.

You can't claim to be independentand then come out with a comment like that. You're either independent and able to stand up for yourself, or you're a helpless little girl, in which case picking on you is indeed mean. You choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I am actually very well educated Brian. And i run my own successful business. I think its sad that putting me down makes you feel better but whatever I'm over it. I know I am a strong intelligent young woman and I don't need anyone else to tell me that. Plus I'm rich sucker!
    well its very easy to buy an education so if you're as rich as you say thats probably what happened.Also putting me down to make yourself feel good about me feeling good about putting you down-that one broke my irony meter!

• Advertisement

well its very easy to buy an education so if you're as rich as you say thats probably what happened.Also putting me down to make yourself feel good about me feeling good about putting you down-that one broke my irony meter!

Jees you're dagging on me for not being able to understand posts and you come out with a totally non -sensical setence like that? like what does it even mean? I think the irony shoe is on the other foot my friend.

Ps you just got served :cool:

PPS education is free in Ireland Sherock. I didn't go to a private college and the state paid for my education just like everyone else.

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Jees you're dagging on me for not being able to understand posts and you come out with a totally non -sensical setence like that? like what does it even mean? I think the irony shoe is on the other foot my friend.
    A good education would make sense of it.:)
    PPS education is free in Ireland Sherock. I didn't go to a private college and the state paid for my education just like everyone else.
    It was on the radio this week that of 3rd level education is €7000 a year. Hardly free for most people.

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    A good education would make sense of it.:)

It was on the radio this week that of 3rd level education is €7000 a year. Hardly free for most people.

yeah so ? that's like 150 a week everyone has at least that. you get like 3 times that much on the dole. it's like 90% free you don't expect politicians to actually pay for your clothes and pencils do you? and don't go on about books cos they're in the library and if you can't afford them you can just stay there reading them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I want my ban lifted unless someone can give me a concrete reason why I was banned. I was banned from a sweet 16 forum in Kilkenny City and Its all because I have a different opinion from the majority of posters and becuase I am upper-class. Its descrimination pure and simple.
    Poor baby. *hugs 'n kisses*

Pro tip - You can still log out and read what us commoners are writing.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Poor baby. *hugs 'n kisses*

Pro tip - You can still log out and read what us commoners are writing.

What are you like stalking me or something??? why don't you try help me since you obviously spend a lot of your time on Boards and know stuff I don't? I just want justice or at the very least some justification. I think my access should be re-instated. As regards logging off, you're not paying my internet bill so I wouldn't waste time worrying about it babe XXX

• Advertisement

What are you like stalking me or something??? why don't you try help me since you obviously spend a lot of your time on Boards and know stuff I don't? I just want justice or at the very least some justification. I think my access should be re-instated. As regards logging off, you're not paying my internet bill so I wouldn't waste time worrying about it babe XXX
    Wow if only you had a brain....Anyone would realise he means log off your account on Boards.ie.... but hey your degree is obviously working for you since you can't even figure that out

Wow if only you had a brain....Anyone would realise he means log off your account on Boards.ie.... but hey your degree is obviously working for you since you can't even figure that out

Whatever ever here of tabs Einstein??? i can stay logged in and do other stuff for your information i've been getting ready to head into town while i've been logged in. I'm not here obsessing about what people are writing. For the record also this whole thread was about getting me some help none of which I've really gotten. So thanks for that (sarc) here's one thing you might be able to help me on. how do you put a pic up on your profile? they should make this site more social-networky.

Whatever ever here of tabs Einstein??? i can stay logged in and do other stuff for your information i've been getting ready to head into town while i've been logged in. I'm not here obsessing about what people are writing. For the record also this whole thread was about getting me some help none of which I've really gotten. So thanks for that (sarc) here's one thing you might be able to help me on. how do you put a pic up on your profile? they should make this site more social-networky.
    Wow I'm actually in awe of how clueless you are even after having something clearly explined to you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

yeah so ? that's like 150 a week everyone has at least that. you get like 3 times that much on the dole. it's like 90% free you don't expect politicians to actually pay for your clothes and pencils do you? and don't go on about books cos they're in the library and if you can't afford them you can just stay there reading them.
    lolz the dole is not 450 a week and *shock* but most students don't have 150 quid a week just lying there.Also,you say that this thread is you asking for help but you gave it the title 'anti-affluent fascism'-is that a term for help they didn't teach me at uni because i'm poor or working class?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

they should make this site more social-networky.

No they shouldn't! There are enough feckin' bebo/facebook/whatever sites out there if you want to be messing around with that rubbish. Boards isn't here so you can see which one of you and your mates can accumulate 1,000 "friends" first.

However should you wish to upload a custom avatar, which can be your picture should you wish, you can subscribe to Boards for the paltry sum of €50 a year. You'll find all you need to know here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I think we've found a perfect match for Alan (honest) Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

I really despise bints like this.

Ug boot wearing waste of DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

laura I'm sure you're a lovely girl in person but you don't come across v well on the internet.

First of all if you're in college you can't qualify for the dole at all so you won't recieve any money that way. Some people do qualify for the grant though which is again approx 3k that covers the majority of someones rent for the college yr though not always the full rent but not food the weekly shop, gas esb bills, social life, and again not everyone qualifies for the grant. from experience aside from rent you need about 100 a week as well to get by

Indirectly if you're parents are on the dole thats only approx 180 a week. NOT at least 3 times 150 at all.. not even close.

So if you're parents are on the dole they have to pay their own rent/mortage payments off,(not everyone is rich remember....), feed themselves, feed any of other kids in the family, clothe them, pay gas and esb, as well as pay a students rent in college and money for food etc...

Now if you can do all that on about 180 a week then Ill take my hat off to you. thats not even taking into account the cost of a car if a family has one which the cost to maintain pay insurance and tax and keep the tank from going empty... medical bills etc...

tell me do you know how much a litre of milk costs? or how much a silce pan (any brand) is,

I'd genuinly be interested in what you think each would cost off the top of your head without having to check somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The biggest cost of attending third level at the moment is accommodation / food / travel. Unless you are lucky enough to live within commuting distance of a HEI (and it has the course you want to do) then you are facing a fairly major financial commitment.

As you are posting in the Kilkenny forum (you did notice, right?) this is a commitment that most people posting here must face.

And btw, you make a terrible Sorcha clone, you really should go back and read the books again and try to get your head into the character a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't think you should talk about hitler though, just in general. his name like even just kinda creeps me out it's weird.

Of course people should talk about him. Or should we forget all about him and be doomed to repeat history?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

and becuase I am upper-class.
    Really? What's your title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

I thought our country doesnt recognise titles - what is this england ?

Also if you go abroad to study something you dont get a grant. I went to wales to do a course I couldnt do here and got the sum total of €750 euros which i guess would pay about 9 weeks rent. Not to mention fees, food travel and the other weeks that I needed to have a roof..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It doesn't. We don't have an upper class. We do have people here with titles from elsewhere or from before the Republic, which I must assume this person is since she says she's upper class, so I'm curious as to what title she has and from what state.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

omfg. seriously guys, how is this still going on? YOU ARE GETTING TROLLED. and brilliantly so. "Laura" has made fools of so many people its unreal. should be made a mod IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Indeed. The true lumpen proletariat of Kilkenny wouldn't fall for such nonsense. They're too busy fishing out the lakes of the landed gentry of Thomastown and Inistioge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

For the record also this whole thread was about getting me some help none of which I've really gotten.
    This isn't the forum for getting help.

You don't deserve any help.

You are a troll.
    zuroph wrote: »
    omfg. seriously guys, how is this still going on? YOU ARE GETTING TROLLED. and brilliantly so. "Laura" has made fools of so many people its unreal. should be made a mod IMO.

I think everyone realises that, but it's funny to see in what way Ms Applebottom will contradict herself next.

Okay you can all stop pissing your pants I meant to say upper-MIDDLE-class although I'm also a Princess for sure :) I simply don't believe that the dole is like 180 quids either most people on the dole spend at least 100 quid on booze and fags a week. Whatever i know you're all gonna Dag on me for like saying that too but I'm sorry if i'm not all politically correct like you guys but in Dublin all these WC benefit people do is drink and ride around on their piebalds all day. Its really sad I wish we could help them but you can't because they will just drink away any money you give them and piss it down the drain. And guys I think you should all really like think about how true that last sentence is before you start ripping on me again. I mean if you put aside all your PCstuff and look at it from a different perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Okay you can all stop pissing your pants I meant to say upper-MIDDLE-class although I'm also a Princess for sure :) I simply don't believe that the dole is like 180 quids either most people on the dole spend at least 100 quid on booze and fags a week. Whatever i know you're all gonna Dag on me for like saying that too but I'm sorry if i'm not all politically correct like you guys but in Dublin all these WC benefit people do is drink and ride around on their piebalds all day. Its really sad I wish we could help them but you can't because they will just drink away any money you give them and piss it down the drain. And guys I think you should all really like think about how true that last sentence is before you start ripping on me again. I mean if you put aside all your PCstuff and look at it from a different perspective.

The dole is €197.80, I know plenty of people on it who don't drink mad or smoke etc. The economy is fcuked and there's not a lot of jobs going around. You just stereotype people. Your a cow aswel;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Plug wrote: »
    The dole is €197.80, I know plenty of people on it who don't drink mad or smoke etc. The economy is fcuked and there's not a lot of jobs going around. You just stereotype people. Your a cow aswel;)

And you are banned - for personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If anybody has a problem with how any forum on Boards.ie is run, please take it to Feedback. If you have issues with a mod, please take it to Feedback or Help Desk. I would suggest contacting the mod first, and if that fails, taking it up a notch to the CMod.

As this topic has nothing at all to do with KK County - considered it closed.

Topic Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement