Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC iplayer

Options
  • 23-06-2008 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering is there any way of making my ip address look like it's not coming from ireland?

As the title suggests my reason is that I'd like to watch some of the stuff on the beeb but dont have a tv, hate adds!

If not is there any isp's with their servers up north that will provide good broadband without having to get tv off them (UTV)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i use utv broadband and i use their northern proxy server to view stuff on iplayer.not a bother at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

snollup wrote: »
    I'm just wondering is there any way of making my ip address look like it's not coming from ireland?

As the title suggests my reason is that I'd like to watch some of the stuff on the beeb but dont have a tv, hate adds!

If not is there any isp's with their servers up north that will provide good broadband without having to get tv off them (UTV)

Thanks.

There are no ads on the bbc!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

irishgeo wrote: »
    i use utv broadband and i use their northern proxy server to view stuff on iplayer.not a bother at all.

Is it possible to do something similar with BT Ireland broadband?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

givecredit wrote: »
    Is it possible to do something similar with BT Ireland broadband?

nope, UTV is only one with a NI proxy that will work, use the search function you;ll find further info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

thanks all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement