Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The World lost a loud voice...

Options
  • 23-06-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

I spend weekends away from my computer. It's a choice I made so I can let my brain rest and take in further information. It's a choice that I made to relax and not think about the people I know with a God given talent that then pick to ignore it. It's a choice that I never will regret.

Today the downside in that choice became clear, as I've said that choice is never regretted, as I found out that my favorite stand up comedian, and a hero of free speech George Carlin passed away at 71.

I came to know Mister Carlin late in his career and through DVD's and CD's came to love his work. His ability to cut through the BS of this world and the language we use to distance ourselves from getting to the point was outstanding. He said 'crap' when he meant crap, called out with a voice of an inmate of Bedlam when he knew something was wrong.

Through his many specials, TV appearances, and movies we got to sneak inside into his world but nothing would ever let us into the workings of his mind, or give us the strength to join him in his crusade to make us see the ultimate pointlessness of our actions.

It would have been nice to know the man personally, if anyone did get to sit down with him and share time they are lucky and I think they know it.

Rest in Peace Mister Carlin and Thank You.

Stephen

Comments

Advertisement