Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin Wireless G router, WEP key problem

Options
  • 23-06-2008 7:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys I'm setting up a Belkin router and everything is fine. I can connect via wireless through the router and other laptops can connect.

When I turn on wi-fi security I enter a passcode AAAA1 to set it up. But once I apply the changes I cannot connect via wi-fi. When I try to connect I enter the passcode. I can connect to the router but dont have a connection to the modem. (modem is working as I'm playing Xbox live).

Any ideas what the problem is?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Never mind, got it sorted, I tried a 20 digit passphrase and it worked. Any shorted didn't seem to work.

Advertisement