Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star tattoos????

Options
  • 23-06-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hows the going lads, im a 22 year old fella thinking of getting a new tattoo (have a celtic cross already on my leg), i was thinking of getting the outline of a star just below my belly button, now what im wondering is do ye think its kinda girly or what?

This is guna sound real sad in fairness, but i asked a few mates (male and female) what they thought and strangely enough some of them said (mainly the women) that tattoos on any part of the stomach only look good if your in good shape not being vein but thankfully i am,

Now i know some guna say "its not what we think that matters its what you think" but i would appreciate any thoughts or maybe other possible ideas

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Everyone is going to say the same thing. Who gives a shít what other people say? Its your body, your tattoo and your money being spent on it. If you want it, get it and forget other peoples opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Melion wrote: »
    Everyone is going to say the same thing. Who gives a shít what other people say? Its your body, your tattoo and your money being spent on it. If you want it, get it and forget other peoples opinions.

Jesus man you sound angry ha!!! yeah i know what you mean all good points...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

if you're looking for general opinions, then yeah, I would have thought it'd be a girls thing alright. But if you want it, do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Nah I def don't see it as a girly thing, stomach tattoos on guys look really well :) They're a little more unusual too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ha ha there you go OP, 50/50 split :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Melion wrote: »
    +1:D

I cant see anything wrong with guys having star tattoos.
    look at this pic and its definely a guy.
    file.php?id=52&t=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Go for it i say.....it's always hot to see tattoos on guys anyway and something a little different will make it even hotter! Getting a tattoo is not unusual anymore so to be unusual, ya gotta do something unconventional like you said by getting a star below your belly button. Sounds good to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

i think some tattoos on guys' stomachs can look great, and the opposite to girly!
    as a dude, you're less likely to get pregnant and have it go all stretchy and crap later in life. \o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

i think some tattoos on guys' stomachs can look great, and the opposite to girly!
    as a dude, you're less likely to get pregnant and have it go all stretchy and crap later in life. \o

haha...definitely the best point so far...

• Advertisement

we can grow beer bellies,mine is nice and plump:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I think you have to decide yourself, first of all, are you a bit self-conscious or are you completely confident in yourself.

TBH I know I am a TINY bit insecure about what people think of me. I can't change that, I'm not bothered enough to do anything about it. So if people slagged me about having a girlie tattoo it would probably really get to me on the inside. And make me hate the tattoo If you are a bit like this you should honestly beware.

However if you honestly are someone who doesn't give a damn what people think, and you really want the tattoo... and you really will like it for the rest of your life... then you should definitely go ahead, and really enjoy it!

Some people can just be cruel sometimes, say, the lads at work, your bigger brother, the bitchy girls at the swimming pool etc. The old sticks and stones thing is a load of balls for some people... I'm sort of one of them. You need to decide if you are one too.

Whatever you do I hope you are happy and if you get the tatt I hope it looks rockin for ya dude!!! :)

Advertisement