Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novena & Parking

Options
  • 23-06-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

It's Novena time of year again , Yippee. Why is it that every year the roads are impassable around the Redemptorists. People park up to the very edge of all junctions with about 2 cars on each double yellow line. I couldn't get around the corner today in my truck. Every year the church goers abandon their cars all over the place leading to traffic chaos. Wouldn't this be a good place for a Traffic Garda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Heh, I remember the 80s when there would be people travelling from here there and everywhere to the novena, it was ten times worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

the catholic zealots don't care about others. that's why they clog up the roads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

They're no worse than match goers, anytime there's a crowd expect parking caos.

Not sure all the blame can be laid at the church goers, to name a few other streets for bad parking try going up St. Joseph St, Garryowen Rd, Rossa Ave, O'Callaghan Strand to the Salesians on a normal day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

It's Novena time of year again , Yippee. Why is it that every year the roads are impassable around the Redemptorists. People park up to the very edge of all junctions with about 2 cars on each double yellow line. I couldn't get around the corner today in my truck. Every year the church goers abandon their cars all over the place leading to traffic chaos. Wouldn't this be a good place for a Traffic Garda.
    Its us boggers coming in from the country ;)

Advertisement