Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passport renewal question.

• 23-06-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

Long story short (could think of any other forum I could put this in) but if I apply for a new passport tomorrow is there any chance I could have it by the 4th of July?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you have tickets to prove your travel, go into the passport office and produce them and they will have it ready for you in time mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try express
    about 10 work days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Not worth the risk in view of the time constraints. Better to head in and get it direct. Prepare to pay a premium for same day service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

i am in ther same boat with renewing passport cept in my case i have to send off £50 soon to London embassey or i wont be going anywere abroad this year as planned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

i think its 50 quid for a new one or 75 if you need it within ten days and ya gotta show proof of travel if its needed within 10 days. but you can get it within 3 days if your stuck too so theres plenty of time foryou.

• Advertisement

Also if you know any TD's they can get it for you in 3 days for no extra charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Actualy it's £54 + £3 for new photo :D The British one is even dearer at £70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

I managed to get one in 55 minutes and that was during lunch hour too!

If you are in a hurry and can show a valid reason then they are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Patrickof wrote: »
    Pfff.... thats nothing.

Some minister's wife got one from 'nothing' to in her hand in Dublin Airport via garda courier in less than 40. :) She thought she wouldn't need one as it was an official trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

When's the best time to go in for it?

• Advertisement

First thing in the morning.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    First thing in the morning.
    And how long does it take in this instance if you bring proof of flight bookings? Sorry I'm in the same situation as OP but need to get son's passport sorted

It can take a few hours. It really depends on how much work they have on. If you get a sympathetic official you could have it in a few minutes.

Thanks, I appreciate the quick replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Patrickof wrote: »

If you are in a hurry and can show a valid reason then they are very good.

Was that in Dublin?

Do they make up passports in the Cork office aswell does anyone know?

Yes they do. The Cork office is on the South Mall. The nice people there will take care of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Yes they do. The Cork office is on the South Mall. The nice people there will take care of you.

Thanks Bond. I was not aware of that.

And you reckon they will do one within the day or maybe for the next day?

Advertisement