Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin American Maps

• 23-06-2008 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hello, I was just wondering where is the best (cheapest) place to get the Garmin North American Maps for my Nuvi 250W?

Is it possible to download them and put it on the GPS or do you have to buy the SD card with the maps already on it? I'll need to get it before sunday so if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is an SD card available with North American maps for USD 99.99, the Garmin part number is 010-10679-50, I suggest you buy it when you get there but if you can't wait, expansys are selling it for Eur 122.95.

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=159336

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

It says on the Garmin site :
    microSD/SD data card, City Navigator NT, North America
    (preloaded card with full coverage)
    Garmin Part Number: 010-10679-50
    U.S. List Price: $99.99 (for domestic US market only)

Noting the "US market only" part... Will it work with a device purchased in Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd interpret that to mean that they don't sell it outside the U.S., I doubt if it would not work with a model that shipped with European maps only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Got this email a couple of days ago:

"Garmin is pleased to announce the new Map Update 2009 for North America. For the most up-to-date maps and navigation on your portable Garmin GPS unit, this is the software you want. This $69.99 USD (for U.S. customers) update offers full coverage for the U.S, Canada and Puerto Rico - making it easy and convenient to update the detailed maps and latest points of interest into your compatible Garmin unit.

The update includes:

Over 8 million miles of road coverage
    Updated, fully routable, detailed maps for the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
    Nearly 6 million points of interest
    Postal code support for Canada

Purchase the Map Update 2009 today!

http://www.garmin.com/mapupdates
    "

Advertisement