Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MPG

Options
  • 23-06-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I just got my Auto 2L Opel Omega serviced but since then MPG has gone to pot. Was getting 27mpg urban but now getting 19 or 20 mph. I don't drive too fast and seldom use the sport setting.

Car also seems sluggish and doesn't seem to respond as quick as it used to unless I put it into sport . Any ideas why ? Could it be a air/fuel mixture problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just a guess - but maybe the wrong spark plugs were fitted........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

dak wrote: »
    I just got my Auto 2L Opel Omega serviced but since then MPG has gone to pot. Was getting 27mpg urban but now getting 19 or 20 mph. I don't drive too fast and seldom use the sport setting.

Car also seems sluggish and doesn't seem to respond as quick as it used to unless I put it into sport . Any ideas why ? Could it be a air/fuel mixture problem ?

Probably the automatic transmission fluid (ATF) needs changing check the atf there's a dipstick in the engine bay like the oil dipstick it should be red but if its grey it needs to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Probably the automatic transmission fluid (ATF) needs changing check the atf there's a dipstick in the engine bay like the oil dipstick it should be red but if its grey it needs to be changed.
    Way too much of a coincidence for this to be the likely cause. I'd bring it back to where you got it serviced and complain nicely.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement