Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.A. INTERNATIONAL question

Options
  • 23-06-2008 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey Guys,

Hoping one of you eminent posters can help me. I spent a year abroad , and I am supposed to receive a B.A. (International). Today, after must maligning by the the administrative staff, I got my transcripts, but NO where on it does it say I am a BA international, bar saying I studied abroad. I am sure it used to say it on SIS, but no longer either. It says STAGE 4 but nothing more. My student card however declares me to be "international".

I am wondering, is it possible they have messed up my transcripts? Or on conferring will I get the diploma with it on? Have any of you had similar situations?

If you are wondering why I care; it was very....very...very...wet where I went. I paid the cost, now I want my papers.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Iwanna

Just in case my thread was'nt exactly clear what I wondering.

I am just interested has anyone else had a situation where something has been wrong in your transcripts, or worse, you were given the wrong sort of diploma at the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

I'm sorry if this might seem like a bit of a silly question but I'm a bit unclear after reading your post...When did you get your final results just this month or last year?

I had the same query (I got my results just last week) as I too started out as a regular BA and then did the Erasmus malarky (don't hate me..it was hot where I was:p) same thing with me, on my student card it says International, but on my web a/c it says Art Stage 4. I rang the programme office to ask them about it and they said that I have an BA International degree and that it should say that on my graduation paper when I graduate with the gown and all.

That said maybe a face-to-face chat would be better with admin or your programme office? Don't just take my word for it, double check with them and also have you tried contacting your coordinator who sent you on your year abroad?

This whole old->new system is highly confusing.
    *shakes fist at UCD
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Iwanna

Hey, thanks for the response.

I phoned UCD, they made a big mistake, they say it should say it on it!

You should really check that out wandering star, making sure somebody did'nt just say that because they had no idea.

They are sending me new transcripts, hopefully they don't mess up the conferring too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Hmmm thanks for the tip, I might actually venture down there just to double check.

Advertisement