Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB2008 express on 64bit platform

Options
  • 23-06-2008 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to open a connection to an access database but I keep getting an error - The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

After searching this it says I need to change the target platform to x86 but I cannot see where to do this in the 2008 version, the results I found where for the 2005 versions.

Anyone come across this before? I'm using vista ultimate 64bit on an intel E6600 processor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Done and dusted

well if your project contains a setup or deployment package you can set it in the property window for the installer. I think its the second last option.

If your not using a installer well I would need to know what language your using because this can be located in diffrenent places for instance on C++ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9yb4317s(VS.80).aspx

Ok wait...

Scrap what I just said there is a global place where you can set the target platform of you application (altho there are specific places for each language)

1) On the menu of VS 2008 Click Project
    2) Properties
    3) click the configuration manger button (top right)
    4) Under the active solution platform drop down there is an option for new. click this
    5) a new dialog box appears where you can select the platform i.e. x86 Or x64

Happy coding

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have that option, I'm not sure if its because I'm using the express editions. When I click on Project, I have the Properties option at the end of the list so I click on that. Then this is all I see.

vbsstx6.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vbsstx6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

I actually found a solution,

I opened the visual basic project file in notepad and added
    <PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget>
    Under the first <PropertyGroup> listing
    and this worked.

Ah sorry my bad dude. I meant to say rigth click on the project in the solution window and click properties.

Yeah i was going into suggest you mod that file in case it didnt work. Oh also note that I've manually changed the target before (like you did) and have gotten errors when trying to deploy. So if it doesnt work do the right click on the project solution window!

Happy coding

• Advertisement
Advertisement