Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chances of getting my test date brought forward?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My test date is July 29th with SGS(re-applied for it on March 31st). The car is VERY important to me in terms of work, as I don't merely use it to travel to and from the office!

I realise this is a particularily crazy time for RSA/SGS test centres but do you reckon there is any chance of getting it put forward even a week or two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Inform them that you are willing to be tested at very short notice and they may allocate you a late cancellation that can't normally be offered to someone else.

I got my test brought forward by three weeks after emailing them. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Nice one! Will fire off an email now so and will give them a call tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hey man what is there email address?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Advertisement

Im in the same boat as alot of people, Need the Car 5 days a week for work!! Have no trains or buses on offer to get to the work place. I rang SGS today and she said 25th of July for me, Applied April 27th so im worse off than Fizman but she said if i asked to be put on cancellations i could be longer waiting than my time now that i have now. Should i Struggle for a month and belive the SGS or chance switching?

Anyone else hear this Theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

As i posted in another thread... "I done my test with sgs in drogheda on April 28th took ages for that date, failed and tester said to reapply immediately and there was a 4 week turnaround with tests. Reapplied that day got a letter about 2 weeks ago giving me a test date of July 30th in Navan, rearranged it to Drogheda for July 28th. Just rang SGS to see if i could get one any sooner and she said they are all booked out, she doesnt know when cancellations will come through so just keep checking the site.

Oh she also suggesting trying Kells, stopped doing tests there in March...."

Also when i said it was because i needed the car for work she said "same as everyone else"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

irishbird wrote: »

that is for RSA and then if you are with SGS it is a different one, it should be on the letter you get from SGS

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

I applied for the test June 9th (i had one for the weekend before, but stupidly went to see radiohead instead!).

I had a letter sent in through work. Anyway after several calls i have my test next week. (Yay)

You have to be persistant with these folk, though they are trying their best under a very difficult situation.

I'm sure it'll depend on what part of the country you're looking for your test also.

jcrowbar wrote: »
    I applied for the test June 9th (i had one for the weekend before, but stupidly went to see radiohead instead!).

I had a letter sent in through work. Anyway after several calls i have my test next week. (Yay)

You have to be persistant with these folk, though they are trying their best under a very difficult situation.

I'm sure it'll depend on what part of the country you're looking for your test also.

are you with RSA or SGS? Im with SGS and wondering would i be longer swaping to RSA or will i stay with SGS. Date is 25th July?

• Advertisement
Advertisement