Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estates in Drogheda within walking distance of train station

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jjkale

I know... it's got to be easy enough to answer our questions, I'll have to knock on doors and ask people what the place is like at this rate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Quality of houses in Avourwen is fine but there is lack of facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Any views on beaubec?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭United Park

Beaubec is a lovely estate. One of best in town imo. Better quality houses than five oaks. Never heard of noise from Dublin road been a factor.

uli84 wrote: »
    Quality of houses in Avourwen is fine but there is lack of facilities
    Thanks, yes I had noticed it was very much a work in progress, I think they are building more houses there soon. Is it quiet/settled or lots of young families do you know?

• Advertisement

Beaubec is a lovely estate. One of best in town imo. Better quality houses than five oaks. Never heard of noise from Dublin road been a factor.

Any idea of how warm they are? Don't seem to be dry lined.

horse7 wrote: »

They aren't too bad tbh. I know someone who put extra insulation in himself but he said there was no real need.

From a totally amateurish viewpoint, I think they're one of the better builds in town (a lot of estates are poorly built imo)

Horse7, I know you were looking at five oaks before. A detached has just gone up for sale. Tommy Byrne selling it

jjkale wrote: »
    Thanks, yes I had noticed it was very much a work in progress, I think they are building more houses there soon. Is it quiet/settled or lots of young families do you know?

It is quiet but there are good few young families especially in the houses sold recently

jjkale wrote: »

It is quiet but there are good few young families especially in the houses sold recently
    I'm interested in buying there but not currently living anywhere in the locale so this is very useful - thanks. I noticed people giving off about the sound insulation in Deepforde semi-d houses, any comments on the avourwen ones in this regard?

• Advertisement

It's ok to me, not hearing anything unless the neighbour plays the guitar ;) but i still have to try a bit to hear it happening. One thing i dont like is the houses are quite close to each other but i suppose that's nothing unusual really these days

It's ok to me, not hearing anything unless the neighbour plays the guitar ;) but i still have to try a bit to hear it happening. One thing i dont like is the houses are quite close to each other but i suppose that's nothing unusual really these days

This is really useful information, thanks a million for sharing it. I think they have begun building more houses there recently so it's time to get back down and take a look around I think.

Any information on mount auburn houses, eg year built, how well built, community charge, quite area, and what is in the area between Dublin rd and estate. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Any information on mount auburn houses, eg year built, how well built, community charge, quite area, and what is in the area between Dublin rd and estate. Ta

No offence, but have you asked the estate agents and visited the areas you keep asking about? It's much easier and more reliable to find these things out on the ground and actually inspect the houses for yourself.

Thanks, and yes have visited and do ask agents, but you know an agent is not going to know as much as a resident,plus they are not going to give any negative aspects of a potential purchase. Are you familiar with mount auburn?

I'm guessing there are community fees.

Or should I say management fees.

Hi All

thinking of buying a house in drogheda in the near future but want to buy in an estate close to train station.

Just wondering what peoples opinions of bryanstown manor are - I heard some of the apartments were damp - just wondering if anyone had any experience of this. Is it a widespread problem? Are the houses damp?

Other estates I would be interested in are martello, blackbush, meadow view, wheaton hall.....

any advice or opinions please

Thanks

Hi, where did you finally settle? Hope it all worked out for you. Any idea if mount Auburn has community charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eric the king

Hi.. I know this an old thread but came across it on Google and thought I would add a comment for anyone currently weighing up options. Been living in a 4 bed semi d in Bryanstown Manor 3 and a half years and have to say am very happy. Theyre not the prettiest houses from the outside but the rooms are very spacious, everything is on your doorstep and have had no problems with damp. It's a surprisingly quiet estate for its size and plenty of kids playing on the street. Mgt fees are 180 a year but in fairness the grass and other bits are fairly well looked after. I work in Dublin so commute 4/5 days a week and it's actually not that bad.. usually leave the house about 7:25 and you will be in connolly / Tara street by 8:40. There is also an express Belfast train that leaves drogheda at 8:22 which gets into connolly at 8:58 but is fairly regularly delayed by 10/15 mins so not the most dependable. Previously rented in drumcondra but prices went crazy and had to weigh up options.. choice at the time for our price range was a 2 bed flat in ballymun with pyrite and a queue out the door to view it or a house in drogheda... can't say I've ever regretted that decision

Advertisement