Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying computer w/ plug in card...

Options
  • 23-06-2008 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

This is probably a n00by question, but I don't know much about graphics cards..
    if I buy a computer with a plug in graphics card, does it also have an integrated one aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

If the graphics card is plugged into a PCI-E slot then you would probably not have integrated graphics also. What PC are you thinking of buying?

It looks as if that PC does have integrated graphics thanks to Nvidia.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kavkid

Another question,

If the graphics card says that it is Made for Windows Vista, can it be put into an XP machine?

It can of course. A lot of money went into marketing Vista so you're just seeing that money in action in that statement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Rsaeire wrote: »
    It looks as if that PC does have integrated graphics thanks to Nvidia.

It doesn't seem to have only the integrated card, they list an ATI 3450 as the video card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It has integrated video and a dedicated card - the dedicated card always takes preference and unless it was ancient technology, will always be considerably faster then the onboard.

Spear wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to have only the integrated card, they list an ATI 3450 as the video card.

I noticed that too but the OP asked "if I buy a computer with a plug in graphics card, does it also have an integrated one as well?", so by how the question was asked the OP knew there was a discrete graphics card, they were only asking whether it came with integrated graphics too.

Advertisement