Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card limits?

Options
  • 23-06-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the limit on a standard AIB debit card, or is it unlimited once you have the money in your accoutn?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

1500 euro if you use it at point of sale eg Arnotts, Clerys. Not sure how much you can with draw at an ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Fabio

I think it's €400 at any given time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

ive to go pay the VRT on my car which is 1400 quid, so i wont be able to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Fabio

Take out €400 from one atm, then try another atm....that may work.

You could just go into the branch and ask for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I work for a large charity where donors would often give us debit card details in order to make a donation. 1500 is the max allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Lizzykins wrote: »
    I work for a large charity where donors would often give us debit card details in order to make a donation. 1500 is the max allowed.

Thats grand.

I just want to pay on my card, dont want to be going around getting cash. It should be 1400 or less so should be ok.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Not wanting to go into the details, but on every debit card you have what's called a "floor limit" i.e a limit before a flag is raised with the bank. So it really depends on what your bank has set TBH.

Advertisement