Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

firefox and IE wont work properly after apache install!

• 23-06-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

i downloaded and installed apache, php and mysql the other day and since then IE and firefox have been acting up, they wont search when i try to search with them in google they will just time out and they will not go to various sites! when i type in localhost to test my web page they time out! but i also have safari and that works fine!

another thing i tried to run mysql and it gave me this message: ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

dose anyone have any ideas as im fairly hew to this!

thanks
    Richie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Are you using a firewall?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

nope! would that not stop safari if i was also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is it just http://localhost that times out or have IE and FF stop working for internet sites too?

this will help narrow it down to an httpd.conf problem more than likely.

localhost and when i try to search on google also and one or two other sites that i go on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Are you searching with the search bar or within the google page?

• Advertisement

gerry: ive been tryin to search with the google page, and when i hit search the status bar says its waitin for google, and it doesnt time out either!! ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Are you using a firewall or any kind of proxy? try temporarily disabling.

Go to the command prompt...
    Try ping 127.0.0.1 see if it works (it always should)
    Try ping your modem (run ipconfig and ping the ip of your gateway)
    Try pinging yahoo.com

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Could be a problem with proxy settings? In Firefox go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network (Tab) -> “Connection” and go to Settings.

Choose a manual proxy, enter your IP address and then no proxy for localhost.

See image attachment

Advertisement