Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shops would you like to see in carlow.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

I do love Brooks also and it is the usual place that I go to for food when shopping in Carlow. However, I never go to Starbucks for food, only a Frapuccino!
    I think that other coffee shops would survive with Starbucks there also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I had the most disgusting coffee today in costa - not good.

brooks can be good. busier the place the better really for stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

or cheaper the produce ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭CountryGirl1

BOOTS!!!!
    It's way overdue.Plus a decent Easons!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Boots please! Whats wrong with Costa? Better coffee than Starbucks. Also WHERE IS OUR NEW CINEMA??????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Boots please! Whats wrong with Costa? Better coffee than Starbucks. Also WHERE IS OUR NEW CINEMA??????????
    I think two Sam Mcauley's do the job!
    Costa is ok, Starbucks waaay better though, def agree with you about the cinema!! Think everyone does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

KateF wrote: »
    I think two Sam Mcauley's do the job!
    Costa is ok, Starbucks waaay better though, def agree with you about the cinema!! Think everyone does
    Yeh but Boots have a better selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i would love to see all the shops returning to the town centre instead of locating a half hours walk out in the country! and fairgreen should be turned back into a cattle mart

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Fairgreen is still a cattlemart!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭CountryGirl1

When will the new shopping centre Shamrock(or whatever it's called) be open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

When will the new shopping centre Shamrock(or whatever it's called) be open?

Not really a shopping centre but..soon enough, just fitting out the interiors now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i would like a decent sweet shop, with a huge collection of pick 'n mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

queen-mise wrote: »

I second this!

Also, I completely agree with everyone about the cinema/bookshop fiasco. It's beyond a joke. I just don't bother with the (cin)eplex (will they ever fix that sign?) or byrnes anymore. I just wait for the DVD and get all my books on amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

i see bank of ireland is opening at shamrock plaza, is it relocating or opening another branch does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

think its a fully relocating, but going to be a gradual change, like over a month to let ppl get use to it. apparently ulster bank are going in there too? might be interesting neighbours

queen-mise wrote: »

agrred!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'll tell you what we need, not a shop as such, and perhaps related to the cinema thread, but we need somewhere that'll show fecking decent movies, not all this regurgitated Hollywood garbage! I want to go to cinema more and enjoy movies in this format but how can i go when all thats on offer is some teenage flick (with all the same actors), some comedy about someone getting married, or divorced, another animation based on another fecking animal or a bloody part 4 or 5 of some sequence of movies when part 1 was rubbish anyway.

Somewhere that'll show European/foreign language movies or at least some sort of alternative, god damn we need it!! Too much to ask for? What sort of cinema is this new one we're supposed to be getting? Do you think it'd show such movies?

Rant over :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'll tell you what we need, not a shop as such, and perhaps related to the cinema thread, but we need somewhere that'll show fecking decent movies, not all this regurgitated Hollywood garbage! I want to go to cinema more and enjoy movies in this format but how can i go when all thats on offer is some teenage flick (with all the same actors), some comedy about someone getting married, or divorced, another animation based on another fecking animal or a bloody part 4 or 5 of some sequence of movies when part 1 was rubbish anyway.

Somewhere that'll show European/foreign language movies or at least some sort of alternative, god damn we need it!! Too much to ask for? What sort of cinema is this new one we're supposed to be getting? Do you think it'd show such movies?

Rant over :pac:

It'd be great. I saw Nightwatch in the much derided cinema. I was on my own i think. A special monday night showing. Shows how much hunger there is for non-hollywood films in carlow i suppose.

The new one will probably be much the same. You have the IFI in dublin for films like that, that's the most likely place you'll see them i'm afraid.

Morf wrote: »
    It'd be great. I saw Nightwatch in the much derided cinema. I was on my own i think. A special monday night showing. Shows how much hunger there is for non-hollywood films in carlow i suppose.

The new one will probably be much the same. You have the IFI in dublin for films like that, that's the most likely place you'll see them i'm afraid.

interesting buissness prop, any one interested in openin one?

aynon wrote: »
    interesting buissness prop, any one interested in openin one?

How would one go about establishing such an enterprise? :D

• Advertisement

How would one go about establishing such an enterprise? :D

we need some scaffolding, 3 eastern workers, and the a-team

aynon wrote: »
    we need some scaffolding, 3 eastern workers, and the a-team

Scaffolding and the A-team arent a problem, finding 3 eastern workers now is! :pac:

i will settle for turks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Yeah I think that for those kinda movies you are going to have to travel to the IFI or The lighthouse.

Definitely going to be in the minority with this but I would like to see a comic shop...... or decent toy shop for all the kids stuck inside us.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

tkmaxx love that shop. forgot to add that.

would love a comix store. tkmaxx is opening soon their premission is this (-) close to being added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Yeah I think that for those kinda movies you are going to have to travel to the IFI or The lighthouse.

Definitely going to be in the minority with this but I would like to see a comic shop...... or decent toy shop for all the kids stuck inside us.:pac:

was talking to one of the staff in Special Days and they were saying that there's a lot of retro kids stuff coming in instead of the food & wine which thay are clearing out. (yummy prices!)

She was talking about some huge marble stand that will be full of different marbles and a lot of old style games rather than the boring board games you get everywhere.

Also, heard that byrnes will be closing the upper levels of their tullow st store (does anybody go up there anyway??)

darc wrote: »
    was talking to one of the staff in Special Days and they were saying that there's a lot of retro kids stuff coming in instead of the food & wine which thay are clearing out. (yummy prices!)

She was talking about some huge marble stand that will be full of different marbles and a lot of old style games rather than the boring board games you get everywhere.

Also, heard that byrnes will be closing the upper levels of their tullow st store (does anybody go up there anyway??)

i do from time to time, the puzzles are up there

Advertisement