Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card purchases not showing in online banking?

• 24-06-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I recently got a credit card from Ulster Bank and was led to believe that whenever I made a transaction with it, that transaction would show up on my online banking page.

Now I have the card "registered" on it so I can see the current balance but even though I've made two purchases (albeit over the weekend and online) they have not come through on to my online banking page.

Do they not come through instantly or even within a few days because I was told in the bank that I could use it like a debit card through paying things off immediately with online banking but if the transactions ain't showing there then I can't do that really.

Any help would be appreciated because it's my first time having a credit card and I ain't easy with it now haha!

PS - Is it easy to get the limit set a bit higher...currently stands at €450 as it's a student credit card but need it higher for bulk purchases really and have never been in debt and my account has always been in credit by over a grand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I recently got a credit card from Ulster Bank and was led to believe that whenever I made a transaction with it, that transaction would show up on my online banking page.

Now I have the card "registered" on it so I can see the current balance but even though I've made two purchases (albeit over the weekend and online) they have not come through on to my online banking page.

Do they not come through instantly or even within a few days because I was told in the bank that I could use it like a debit card through paying things off immediately with online banking but if the transactions ain't showing there then I can't do that really.

Any help would be appreciated because it's my first time having a credit card and I ain't easy with it now haha!

PS - Is it easy to get the limit set a bit higher...currently stands at €450 as it's a student credit card but need it higher for bulk purchases really and have never been in debt and my account has always been in credit by over a grand.

Your Card issuer (Ulster Bank) will show the transactions when the bank which processes the tranaction for the store you bought from sends it to them.

This can take a few days, it is outside the control of your bank.

Some banks will show a transaction online, as soon as it is authorised, and not wait for the transactions to be cleared through the schemses, but this can cause as many problems as it solves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Fabio

Oh I see....thanks for that GK, I was half thinking it was something like this that was going on.

Advertisement