Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

• 30-05-2008 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

Just a place where we can bounce our ideas off each other people.....

I have a feeling the foolowing may happen

Ken Kennedy to SD

The creative team has done a good job in getting Kennedy going again. However I have a concern that there is only so far one can progress on Raw. It would be excellent to see Kennedy v Edge for the WHC at WM25,

Batista to Raw

There is not much left for Batista on SD and there are feuds such as JBL (as face), John Cena (as heel), Randy Orton (as face), and HHH (as heel) just waiting for him on Raw.

I have some more thoughts but first lets get the ball rolling. What are your opinions guys?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think youve two fairly safe bets there, LZ5by5. Ive so little interest in this all. I dont think the guys they have now dont excite me nor I feel could totally change the dynamic of a brand the same way a Benoit or an Angle could do (there is probably better examples out there.) They only thing I could think of that would be dramatic would be moving to HBK to Smackdown, which is unlikely. Id be interested in what they do with CM Punk as how they are handling him currently is mind boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Funny you mention those two guys Rovert because I have been thinking about both of them and the draft.

Apparently, ECW is going on before Raw in the not too distant future. So I wonder is it worth using a 'big name' draft on someone who will be on Raw much more anyway?

As far as HBK is concerned, it is in San Antonio. And with the Undertaker having his job on SD in 'jeopardy' at ONS, it is conceivable that we could be seeing a 'veteran' swap.

I have a strong feeling that Randy Orton, Ken Kennedy and HBK could all be moving to SD. Since they are starting on a new Network soon, those 3 could really revitalise a waning show.

Heres the thing about HBK he wants to be on the A show (RAW) , he would prefer to be on the same brand as Hunter and probably the most underated reason is that he has to back on Tuesday or Wednesday (I cant remember exactly which) as that day is a big church day for him and this is very, very important to him.

Umaga is a complete and utter lock to go to Smackdown it has been in the works for ages and Vince McMahon told the shareholders the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Shawn won't want to be on a show that's pre-taped, he's staying on Raw.

Kennedy is getting a push again. I don't see much point in him swapping shows.

MVP to Raw would be my guess.

Miz & Morrison to SD.

Undertaker to either Raw or ECW.

Jericho to SD to feud for the title.

Rey to ECW along with any other cruisers, like Noble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would be good to see them have the balls to shake things up in a big way. Take Jeff Hardy, Michaels, Jericho and Umaga off of Raw (Ideally send HHH to ECW :pac:). Take Undertaker, Finlay, MVP and Batista off of Smackdown. Also remove CM Punk from ECW.

For political reasons though, as touched on by rovert, I don't think there will be any 'major' moves.

• Advertisement

Too many babyfaces on Raw?
    Miz & Morrison to SD..

They SO deserve the promotion

I havent heard ECW is going that direction. Smackdown needs star power and Rey delivers ratings like few others. Smackdown is going to a very poor network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Trevo Murdoch to ECW..It seems they are about to split these up. They are both decent singles wrestlers and Murdoch is good on the mic..He could play a goofy face or a heel well Id say. Undertaker 100% to stay on Smackdown.zzz..

Shawn won't want to be on a show that's pre-taped, he's staying on Raw.

MVP to Raw would be my guess.

Miz & Morrison to SD.

Undertaker to either Raw or ECW.

Jericho to SD to feud for the title.

I agree on Undertaker and MVP to Raw. MVP to continue his push and Undertaker to really revitalise his character, a heel turn would be ideal too.

Jericho to SD is also a definite really. He didn't come back to be midcard. Now about Kennedy, I really like how they've got him going again. I'm just concerned that Jeff Hardy, and MVP if he moves to Raw, will be ahead of him in terms of getting to the main event. That's why I feel he should be moved to SD to keep his momentum going.

I agree on Umaga being moved on Rovert. But it's a toss up between ECW and SD, where he could potentially crack the main event on both shows.

If we take just SD and Raw (excluding ECW) I see it being, in terms of top superstars, being a four for three swap in favour of SD. I think Jericho, Orton, Kennedy and HBK will go to SD and Undertaker, Batista and MVP will go in the other direction.

For political reasons though, as touched on by rovert, I don't think there will be any 'major' moves.

The ratings drop this week has come at the worst possible time. They have the near term goal of increasing Raw's ratings which could temp them to further pillage SD and ECW. But also in the long term they need a strong Smackdown for the network change and down grade.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Trevo Murdoch to ECW..It seems they are about to split these up. They are both decent singles wrestlers and Murdoch is good on the mic..He could play a goofy face or a heel well Id say. Undertaker 100% to stay on Smackdown.zzz..

Wade Keller outlined a plan that Cade could go ECW and become their lead heel and Murdoch going to Smackdown so he could have more time to develop his character. Personally I see alot of WCW era Steve Austin in Lance Cade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

rovert wrote: »
    The ratings drop this week has come at the worst possible time. They have the near term goal of increasing Raw's ratings which could temp them to further pillage SD and ECW. But also in the long term they need a strong Smackdown for the network change and down grade.
    Who could they possibly take? In terms of big draws, SD! only has three, and ECW has none. Meanwhile on RAW Cena is being devalued by being put in the midcard. Same might be said of Jericho and HBK.

Who could they possibly take? In terms of big draws, SD! only has three, and ECW has none. Meanwhile on RAW Cena is being devalued by being put in the midcard. Same might be said of Jericho and HBK.

Smackdown is moving to MyNetwork in America so I am strongly convinced that they will get the best deal in order to revitalise it on its new network. HBK, Kennedy, Orton, Jericho. Take your pick from them if not all of them. In the other direction Undertaker, MVP and Batista. This would balance things out greatly in my view.

Rey is a fourth draw but he is ****ed pretty much.

Well Batista has been a hot rumour. Again Keller thinks there could be a Evolution reformation/feud after Orton planted a seed with HHH by telling him he doesnt really like HHH.

Another thought with him written out and in trouble Regal could replace Teddy Long on Smackdown or could take the teacher role Benoit was meant to have on ECW last June.

Rey is a fourth draw but he is ****ed pretty much.

Well Batista has been a hot rumour. Again Keller thinks there could be a Evolution reformation/feud after Orton planted a seed with HHH by telling him he doesnt really like HHH.

Another thought with him written out and in trouble Regal could replace Teddy Long on Smackdown or could take the teacher role Benoit was meant to have on ECW last June.

Oh god you're not talking about that idea where HBK basically takes Ric Flairs place in a group called 'Evolution X' are you?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Oh god you're not talking about that idea where HBK basically takes Ric Flairs place in a group called 'Evolution X' are you?

What are you smoking? What idea?

I dont think Mark Henry and Michael Hayes will want to coexist on the same brand.

Wierd one but I think Maria was nothing left to do on Raw.

Cannabis:pac:

Booking Wrestling 101: Save Your Money Vince!! If You Want Ratings Up, Starting Reading My Columns!

What's up guys?

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day yesterday. It's tradition that something "big" usually takes place in wrestling on Memorial Day. I can remember it like it was yesterday when Scott Hall invaded WCW on Memorial Day and said they were coming to take over. Last night on Raw, another bomb shell was dropped. Vince McMahon said he will start giving away $1 million dollars every week on Monday Night Raw. If they are searching for a way to get their ratings back up, this way might very well work. It's a unique approach and certainly different. However, you don't need to give away $52 million dollars a year to get your television ratings back up again. You need someone on that creative team that could come up with angles that are so good that it will leave the fans wanting more. You need angles so good that when Raw goes off the air, the fans are sitting at the edge of their seats with their mouths open wide. You need angles so good that fans will be counting down the days for Monday to return again so they can see what's going to happen next. They haven't been able to write storylines like that in many, many years.

Save your money Vince. I'll give you just one of many ideas I have to try and spark up some business.

This Sunday it's Randy Orton vs. Triple H in a Last Man Standing match for the WWE title. I want you guys to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride as I book something that would get their product RED HOT.........................

Sunday at One Night Stand, Randy Orton is walking backstage and bumps into Batista, who is getting ready for his match against Shawn Michaels. Orton tells Batista he better watch where he's walking or he's going to have a problem. The two exchange words and start fighting and a ton of the wrestlers break them up.

During the end of the Batista/Shawn Michaels match, Orton runs down gives Batista the RKO and puts him on the stretcher and helps HBK win the match. HBK, who is upset that Orton interfered in his match, chases him back to the locker room.

During the end of the Orton/HHH match, Orton goes under the ring and comes out with a sledge hammer. He's about to hit HHH with it when HBK runs out to make the save. HBK grabs the hammer and is about to hit Orton with it, then turns around and smashed it over HHH's head. HHH can't get up to the ten count and Randy Orton regains the WWE title. The PPV goes off the air.

The following night on Raw, Orton and HBK come out together to open the show. HBK could talk about how ever since WrestleMania when he retired Ric Flair, he felt different inside. He said the "old Shawn Michaels" has been wanting to come out of him for months now, but he's been holding it inside. HBK says he's tired of being a nice guy. He says it made him sick to his stomach having to pretend that he loved all of the fans. He says playing the Mr. Nice Guy role for all of these years was the hardest thing he ever had to do in wrestling. He says he saw a lot of the old HBK in Randy Orton and it made him want to be his old self even more. He said he secretly met with Orton and began sharing all of the tricks of the trade with him. HBK tells everyone to listen to the words in Orton's song. "The voices in my head, they talk to me." HBK says the voices in Orton's head are his!

Batista comes out and says that while HHH isn't there tonight, he wants to challenge them to a tag team match at the next PPV.

For the following PPV it's a huge grudge match tag team main event with HHH & Batista against Randy Orton and HBK. At the end of the match, Batista turns on Triple H and the three leave HHH a bloody mess.

The following night on Raw, they announce that Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, and Batista have formed a new faction called "EVOLUTION X".

This leads to a huge WAR GAMES match at SummerSlam with Evolution X (Orton, Batista, HBK, and a mystery partner) against Triple H, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, and John Cena. About three minutes into the match, Triple H turns on his team and hits all three of them with a sledge hammer. He reveals himself as the fourth member of Evolution X and they destroy the babyfaces. This would get some SERIOUS heat! No one would see it coming.

Evolution X could be the hottest heel stable of guys in the history of wrestling. They could be a twist between the NWO, DX, and Evolution. It would also totally twist around the storylines. Here you have HHH, HBK, and Batista; all super over babyfaces, now all as heels backing Randy Orton. It would be something new. It would be something fresh. It would be something interesting!

You then build up your babyface side to work with them for the following six months. John Cena, Jeff Hardy, and Chris Jericho could be the three big babyfaces working against them.
    While all of this is going on, you are building up Mr. Kennedy on the side to be the ass kicking character that Stone Cold was. When the time is right, you have Mr. Kennedy finally cross paths with Evolution X.

Then it's time to make that money..money....

This is just the foundation of the storyline. I could get way more into detail on it, but I just wanted to give you guys an idea of it. WWE needs to think outside the box. Is turning their three top babyfaces heel a risk? Sure it is. But it's something different and it will get people talking. That's what is missing with today's product, the element of surprise. I think everyone would be surprised to see HBK turn on HHH and cost him the title. I think fans would be even more surprised to see Batista turn on HHH too and go with Orton and HBK. When HHH goes with them too, after everything that went on for the previous two months, it will leave fans with their mouths open wide and not being able to wait until the next Raw to find out what's going to happen next.

All the millions that Vince McMahon is going to give away every week on Raw isn't going to help his product in the long run. All the money in the world can't buy CREATIVITY! That's what the product is missing!

Tommy Fierro

What were you talking about Rovert?

Who is Tommy Fiero?

Who is Tommy Fiero?

A columnist off wrestlezone.com. It's a brutal idea but I appreciate the concept of taking risks. Turning Cena heel. Turning Undertaker heel. Moving HBK to SD and Undertaker to Raw. All risks in the spirit of bettering the product.

A columnist off wrestlezone.com.

Stopped reading here

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

To Smackdown: Cena, Kofi Kingston (sure why not!), Jerricho
    To Raw: Batista, MVP
    To ECW: Umaga

Undertaker - I think he will lose on Sunday night and there will be a few blackouts, lightning strikes and videos etc over the next Month or so. There will be a way back into the WWE again - He will return somehow if he does lose Sunday night. Don't know why I think this - the WWE has been a bit unpredictable lately! Therefore, Undertaker could be a mover on draft night also! (He definately won't be going to ECW though!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

brolly wrote: »
    To Smackdown: Cena, Kofi Kingston (sure why not!), Jerricho

I'm for this, especially Jericho, he may have attempted to save us, but nothing will save him from RAW's midcard.
    To Raw: Batista, MVP
    Leave MVP where he is for christs sake! He's gradually getting there, he'll fail miserably on RAW. Do you really want to see MVP vs Santino for control of a talk segment? As for Batista? You can stick him on any brand and he'll still suck, he just never recovered since his injury in 2006.
    To ECW: Umaga
    Suits me, i'd never have to see him again then, MNG wouldn't be too pleased with that decision.

VR!

VR! - Its not what I would like to see necessarily, but what I think will happen. I want MVP to stay put, but I see this change happening!

I'd be suprised if there was not a few more shockers on draft night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'd love to see Undertaker on RAW but he is SD biggest draw.

I think Rey Mysterio is going to RAW

I gave up with drafts to be honest. When Cena and Angle were moved from SD to RAW in 2005 (and pretty much destroying SD as far as star power went), that was it as far as drafts making a useful difference for me. Granted Angle was drafted back to SD, it wasn't for long before he ended up in WWECW, and then eventually TNA.

Besides, they're at the stage where they do inter-brand matches anyway, so the draft won't really be that effective in the long run anyway.

VR!

I gave up with drafts to be honest. When Cena and Angle were moved from SD to RAW in 2005 (and pretty much destroying SD as far as star power went), that was it as far as drafts making a useful difference for me. Granted Angle was drafted back to SD, it wasn't for long before he ended up in WWECW, and then eventually TNA.

Besides, they're at the stage where they do inter-brand matches anyway, so the draft won't really be that effective in the long run anyway.

VR!

Again, as SD is moving to MyNetwork, I really believe that we will see a significant draft. The WWE will want to make a good impression on MyNetwork. Whatever the end result I will bet that it will greatly favour SD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Snitsky to ECW(yes he is still alive)

Batista to RAW(I may or may not be crying)

Lance Cade to SMACKDOWN!(just because they always get screwed)

Those are the most obvious I think so far.Kennedy will stay on RAW because he will get his big push on RAW.

Again, as SD is moving to MyNetwork, I really believe that we will see a significant draft. The WWE will want to make a good impression on MyNetwork. Whatever the end result I will bet that it will greatly favour SD.

If some big names don't move to SD in the draft, there will definately be a few moving over in September to celebrate the SD move to MyNetwork. I think Smackdown needs to go live also - I know that a lot of people have gotten into the routine of checking the SD results each Wednesday morning and then not bothering to watch the show on a Friday night. A live show each week with some exciting twists could freshen things up! Maybe more McMahon input on SD would help also - many hate him, I think he is great!!!

If some big names don't move to SD in the draft, there will definately be a few moving over in September to celebrate the SD move to MyNetwork. I think Smackdown needs to go live also - I know that a lot of people have gotten into the routine of checking the SD results each Wednesday morning and then not bothering to watch the show on a Friday night. A live show each week with some exciting twists could freshen things up! Maybe more McMahon input on SD would help also - many hate him, I think he is great!!!

This is my exact problem with WWE. They are too comfortable. Vince McMahon doesn't feel the need to take risks anymore to further his product. No-one is threatening him so he stews in his own self-assurance. WWE was at it's best when it needed to be innovatively creative. It doesn't have the need to excel anymore and that's my problem with the product, it doesn't have to fight for its audience anymore.

This is my exact problem with WWE. They are too comfortable. Vince McMahon doesn't feel the need to take risks anymore to further his product. No-one is threatening him so he stews in his own self-assurance. WWE was at it's best when it needed to be innovatively creative. It doesn't have the need to excel anymore and that's my problem with the product, it doesn't have to fight for its audience anymore.

What really bugs me about the shows each week is that there is no real excitement when it comes to the matches - ok, maybe one good match per week, this weeks match being Y2J v HBK.

I preferred the "on edge" matches with gauranteed twists. The TLC match on Sunday night - I can't wait for it. Why arn't there more of these and why do we have to wait for a PPV for one? Bring back the days when Taker was chucking Mankind off a steel cage, when Stone Cold was getting chucked through a window!!! I want street fights for God's sake. There is none of this now - its got boring! And for God's sake, could we not have a rivalry that lasts more than the few weeks up to a PPV and that is actually exciting! HHH and Orton has lasted for quite a while, but it lacks excitment.

I have an idea! If Taker loses on Sunday (I think its going to happen:(), have a few weeks of the blackouts, lightning strkes etc and then in a few weeks, have a revitalised Taker and his ministry!!! Some will hate the thought of it, but I think its just whats needed for Smackdown!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

For me these should be the big movers.

ECW: Snitsky, Hardcore Holly, Mick Foley, Umaga

Smackdown: Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Maria, Tazz, CM Punk, Kennedy

Raw: Matt Hardy, Batista, Kelly Kelly, Elijah Burke, Natalya Niedhart, Big Show

I noticed Rovert singled out the Miz and Morrison for praise and seconded another posters motion that they deserve a promotion, and while I have been their biggest fan on the board for a while, I disagree. ATM, they are the undoubted stars of ECW and the Miz is shining on commentary when given the chance. Get the feeling that if they moved they might miss the main event lime light

They are very sensible choices bubs. But I love Mick Foley on SD! He's much, much better than the Coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I agree with BUBS. Elijah Burke needs to get off that show and into the big time..I cant see them changing any commentators though.

When we alk about Miz & Morrison or Punk or Burke leaving ECW we need to bear in mind that those guys will need suitable replacements, as they are the faces of ECW. Punk especially.

Somehow sending Punk to SD or Raw and Lance Cade the other way just isn't going to cut it for me.

I have an idea! If Taker loses on Sunday (I think its going to happen:(), have a few weeks of the blackouts, lightning strkes etc and then in a few weeks, have a revitalised Taker and his ministry!!! Some will hate the thought of it, but I think its just whats needed for Smackdown!:D

Here's what i hate about this. People who yearn for a return of the Ministry angle, are often the ones bitching about Vince Russo for slowly killing TNA. I'm pretty sure Russo had a lot to do with the writing of that Ministry angle in 1999 before he jumped to WCW. ;)

I also agree with LZ5by5. And i've said it for years, WWE has gotten to the point where it knows it's number 1, so why try harder? And as a result, i honestly believe the product has gone downhill since, until they get a bright spark where interest peaks (tag team championships being created on SD in 2002, Flair v HHH program in 2005, etc), but once that's done, it goes back to the same mundane crap.

VR!

Here's what i hate about this. People who yearn for a return of the Ministry angle, are often the ones bitching about Vince Russo for slowly killing TNA. I'm pretty sure Russo had a lot to do with the writing of that Ministry angle in 1999 before he jumped to WCW. ;)

I also agree with LZ5by5. And i've said it for years, WWE has gotten to the point where it knows it's number 1, so why try harder? And as a result, i honestly believe the product has gone downhill since, until they get a bright spark where interest peaks (tag team championships being created on SD in 2002, Flair v HHH program in 2005, etc), but once that's done, it goes back to the same mundane crap.

VR!

I wouldn't mind an Undertaker heel turn. Whether a Ministry return would work I'm not sure, especially with how numb the creative team is right now.

As far as the product goes, I don't even think not taking risks is the problem. If they really changed around the top tier of superstars in the draft that would make the worldof difference for me. I'm getting tired of the same main eventers being on the same damn shows.

• Advertisement

As far as the product goes, I don't even think not taking risks is the problem. If they really changed around the top tier of superstars in the draft that would make the worldof difference for me. I'm getting tired of the same main eventers being on the same damn shows.

I agree there, but that hardly happens during a draft. Remember when everyone thought RVD was gonna get his main event push in 2004 when he was drafted to Smackdown? Or when Shelton Benjaman was going to be pushed to the moon when he got drafted from RAW and HHH put him over? They just shuffle the talent from one brand to the next, but do nothing with it.

VR!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cannabis:pac:

Booking Wrestling 101: Save Your Money Vince!! If You Want Ratings Up, Starting Reading My Columns!

What's up guys?

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day yesterday. It's tradition that something "big" usually takes place in wrestling on Memorial Day. I can remember it like it was yesterday when Scott Hall invaded WCW on Memorial Day and said they were coming to take over. Last night on Raw, another bomb shell was dropped. Vince McMahon said he will start giving away $1 million dollars every week on Monday Night Raw. If they are searching for a way to get their ratings back up, this way might very well work. It's a unique approach and certainly different. However, you don't need to give away $52 million dollars a year to get your television ratings back up again. You need someone on that creative team that could come up with angles that are so good that it will leave the fans wanting more. You need angles so good that when Raw goes off the air, the fans are sitting at the edge of their seats with their mouths open wide. You need angles so good that fans will be counting down the days for Monday to return again so they can see what's going to happen next. They haven't been able to write storylines like that in many, many years.

Save your money Vince. I'll give you just one of many ideas I have to try and spark up some business.

This Sunday it's Randy Orton vs. Triple H in a Last Man Standing match for the WWE title. I want you guys to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride as I book something that would get their product RED HOT.........................

Sunday at One Night Stand, Randy Orton is walking backstage and bumps into Batista, who is getting ready for his match against Shawn Michaels. Orton tells Batista he better watch where he's walking or he's going to have a problem. The two exchange words and start fighting and a ton of the wrestlers break them up.

During the end of the Batista/Shawn Michaels match, Orton runs down gives Batista the RKO and puts him on the stretcher and helps HBK win the match. HBK, who is upset that Orton interfered in his match, chases him back to the locker room.

During the end of the Orton/HHH match, Orton goes under the ring and comes out with a sledge hammer. He's about to hit HHH with it when HBK runs out to make the save. HBK grabs the hammer and is about to hit Orton with it, then turns around and smashed it over HHH's head. HHH can't get up to the ten count and Randy Orton regains the WWE title. The PPV goes off the air.

The following night on Raw, Orton and HBK come out together to open the show. HBK could talk about how ever since WrestleMania when he retired Ric Flair, he felt different inside. He said the "old Shawn Michaels" has been wanting to come out of him for months now, but he's been holding it inside. HBK says he's tired of being a nice guy. He says it made him sick to his stomach having to pretend that he loved all of the fans. He says playing the Mr. Nice Guy role for all of these years was the hardest thing he ever had to do in wrestling. He says he saw a lot of the old HBK in Randy Orton and it made him want to be his old self even more. He said he secretly met with Orton and began sharing all of the tricks of the trade with him. HBK tells everyone to listen to the words in Orton's song. "The voices in my head, they talk to me." HBK says the voices in Orton's head are his!

Batista comes out and says that while HHH isn't there tonight, he wants to challenge them to a tag team match at the next PPV.

For the following PPV it's a huge grudge match tag team main event with HHH & Batista against Randy Orton and HBK. At the end of the match, Batista turns on Triple H and the three leave HHH a bloody mess.

The following night on Raw, they announce that Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, and Batista have formed a new faction called "EVOLUTION X".

This leads to a huge WAR GAMES match at SummerSlam with Evolution X (Orton, Batista, HBK, and a mystery partner) against Triple H, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, and John Cena. About three minutes into the match, Triple H turns on his team and hits all three of them with a sledge hammer. He reveals himself as the fourth member of Evolution X and they destroy the babyfaces. This would get some SERIOUS heat! No one would see it coming.

Evolution X could be the hottest heel stable of guys in the history of wrestling. They could be a twist between the NWO, DX, and Evolution. It would also totally twist around the storylines. Here you have HHH, HBK, and Batista; all super over babyfaces, now all as heels backing Randy Orton. It would be something new. It would be something fresh. It would be something interesting!

You then build up your babyface side to work with them for the following six months. John Cena, Jeff Hardy, and Chris Jericho could be the three big babyfaces working against them.
    While all of this is going on, you are building up Mr. Kennedy on the side to be the ass kicking character that Stone Cold was. When the time is right, you have Mr. Kennedy finally cross paths with Evolution X.

Then it's time to make that money..money....

This is just the foundation of the storyline. I could get way more into detail on it, but I just wanted to give you guys an idea of it. WWE needs to think outside the box. Is turning their three top babyfaces heel a risk? Sure it is. But it's something different and it will get people talking. That's what is missing with today's product, the element of surprise. I think everyone would be surprised to see HBK turn on HHH and cost him the title. I think fans would be even more surprised to see Batista turn on HHH too and go with Orton and HBK. When HHH goes with them too, after everything that went on for the previous two months, it will leave fans with their mouths open wide and not being able to wait until the next Raw to find out what's going to happen next.

All the millions that Vince McMahon is going to give away every week on Raw isn't going to help his product in the long run. All the money in the world can't buy CREATIVITY! That's what the product is missing!

Tommy Fierro

What were you talking about Rovert?

I would love to see that although if it did happen everyone would know via the internet. Also some said bring back street fights , attitude era that will prob never happen due to the fact most of wwe audiences is little children nowadays. but i would love to see that kinda stuff happen thats how they were getting top ratings during the Monday Night War

I would love to see that although if it did happen everyone would know via the internet. Also some said bring back street fights , attitude era that will prob never happen due to the fact most of wwe audiences is little children nowadays. but i would love to see that kinda stuff happen thats how they were getting top ratings during the Monday Night War

I've said it before and i'll say it again, keep RAW for adults, Smackdown for kids, ditch ECW, It would be a nice happy balance for everyone.

Except for Vince McMahon because to him, it's all about the mun-aaaayy!
    VR!

I never bitch about Vince Russo! - I personally would love the return of the ministry, but then I am a BIG Taker fan!:D They will need to do it right though and not mess it up a few weeks later which the WWE have been good at lately i.e. Regal King for a few weeks and then "sacked"!!!:rolleyes:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, keep RAW for adults, Smackdown for kids, ditch ECW, It would be a nice happy balance for everyone.

Except for Vince McMahon because to him, it's all about the mun-aaaayy!
    VR!

I think a few adult only events every year wouldn't go a miss. One night stand for example - they could make the matches much more extreme!

• Advertisement

Didn't they stop all the hardcore stuff in 2002 though as there were so many injuries because of it?

VR!

Didn't they stop all the hardcore stuff in 2002 though as there were so many injuries because of it?

VR!

And because of Entertainment replacing Federation! They then had to adapt the show to make it entertainment (which in general means it muct suit all ages!)

The Minsitry angle was terrible and made little sense, Brolly.

VR!

Yeah along with a rake load of moves piledrivers etc as everyone was getting neck surgerys as a result.

Bascially they didnt midcarders using weapons as it takes away from the main events.

The Minsitry angle was terrible and made little sense, Brolly.

Can you back this point up?;)

Its called personal opinion Rovert.

Yeah along with a rake load of moves piledrivers etc as everyone was getting neck surgerys as a result.

I think the piledrivers were stopped earlier than 2002, as Hurricane wasn't allowed to use the vertaebreaker. I think the only people allowed use piledriver moves to this day are Taker, Kane and Lawler.

Although interestingly enough, there is a clip of Hurricane actually performing the vertaebreaker on AJ styles from a taping of Metal in 2002 just before it became Velocity. Not sure if Helms was fined for it, but i'm pretty sure they banned all those moves around 97-98 after Owen Hart f*cked up the piledriver on Steve Austin.

VR!

I think the piledrivers were stopped earlier than 2002, as Hurricane wasn't allowed to use the vertaebreaker. I think the only people allowed use piledriver moves to this day are Taker, Kane and Lawler.

Although interestingly enough, there is a clip of Hurricane actually performing the vertaebreaker on AJ styles from a taping of Metal in 2002 just before it became Velocity. Not sure if Helms was fined for it, but i'm pretty sure they banned all those moves around 97-98 after Owen Hart f*cked up the piledriver on Steve Austin.

VR!

It was 2001/2 after Edge, Rhyno and Benoit got hurt.

Can you back this point up?;)

Its called personal opinion Rovert.

Sure on a week to week basis it did not much sense and it was ful of logic holes.

The ministry bar Edge and Christain who did join much later had the worst collection of wrestlers ever. Undertaker was at his most hurt and immobile at the time, the only good match that came out of the whole dea which l remeber was the Austin/Taker First blood match.

Sure on a week to week basis it did not much sense and it was ful of logic holes.

The ministry bar Edge and Christain who did join much later had the worst collection of wrestlers ever. Undertaker was at his most hurt and immobile at the time, the only good match that came out of the whole dea which l remeber was the Austin/Taker First blood match.

Fair points - your rightly entitled to that opinion even if I don't necessarily agree!;)

Fair points - your rightly entitled to that opinion even if I don't necessarily agree!;)

Explain, please?

What's there to explain dude? He didn't agree that Edge and Christian were the only two talented people in the Ministry.

Although, i hate to say this, god, i hate to say this, but this is an issue i will agree with rovert on. Undertaker was badly injured, and on top of that, he got injured a second time (he was due to return for Mania 16 but injured his triceps i think), and wasn't at his best. But Bradshaw sucked, Simmons was a shadow of his former self, Gangrel was nothing special, Dennis Knight was Dennis Knight, and Viscera's a fat talentless slug! :)

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement