Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

callaway92 wrote: »
    It wasnt like he was going for the ECW title anytime soon..This is a push for him. Their is a lot of faces he could feud with on SD!

No but then again seems no one small and talented is allow get the ecw belt anymore.
    So who do you see him starting a fued with?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Shelton (among others) will go for the US title that La Familia/Chavo will screw Matt Hardy out of at night of champions in order to keep it on SD. Matt will then go on to be that small man you speak of to win the ECW title, when he defeats either Mark Henry or part time ECW roster member The Big Show in a few months. The WWE will consider this a big push for Matt finally making him a World champion (even if it is ECW) and will prob play up his being from team Extreme during his time in ECW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jeffk wrote: »
    No but then again seems no one small and talented is allow get the ecw belt anymore.
    So who do you see him starting a fued with?

IN THE MAIN EVENT just ask LZ5by5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Finlay to ECW knew he'd follow Horny

Shelton (among others) will go for the US title that La Familia/Chavo will screw Matt Hardy out of at night of champions in order to keep it on SD. Matt will then go on to be that small man you speak of to win the ECW title, when he defeats either Mark Henry or part time ECW roster member The Big Show in a few months. The WWE will consider this a big push for Matt finally making him a World champion (even if it is ECW) and will prob play up his being from team Extreme during his time in ECW.

Good no,not matt give it to regal or finaly(again as wrestlers not comedy acts)
    Is chavo not a ecw wrestler?so how if he wins the us title will it stay on sd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Unless Chriss Harris and Ron Killings just appear on ECW in the near future, it will be wholey dependant on Hardy and the Miz and Morrison. Also have a horrible feeling that they will be losing the belts to Finlay and his munchkin

The WWE website is getting a deplorable amount of hits from this. Its sickening.

Anyway I cant wait for the draft to be finished and see how the land lies.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Unless Chriss Harris and Ron Killings just appear on ECW in the near future, it will be wholey dependant on Hardy and the Miz and Morrison. Also have a horrible feeling that they will be losing the belts to Finlay and his munchkin

Or dlo could turn up on ecw

With the 15th pick of the 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft..... SmackDown receives CARLITO!
    well i was wrong with my ecw prediction

Carlito to Sd, obvious really

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    Carlito to Sd, obvious really

the ole hispanic market ratings,to cover uo rey going to raw?

With the 15th pick of the 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft..... SmackDown receives CARLITO!
    well i was wrong with my ecw prediction

You must be have gotten malinformation there. I heard he was unhappy after Raw according to internet reports. Carlito is better off live TV.

IS SANTINO NEXT???????????????

the ole hispanic market ratings,to cover uo rey going to raw?

Dave Meltzer has always said that this audience is a important one for Smackdown. But Im not sure whether to believe that.

With the 16th pick in the 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft .... Raw receives LAYLA!

Layla yay!! Raw watch out

Good no,not matt give it to regal or finaly(again as wrestlers not comedy acts)
    Is chavo not a ecw wrestler?so how if he wins the us title will it stay on sd

assuming thats god no and you dislike the idea. However it isnt really my plan but its what I could see happening although it was before i knew Finlay was ECW bound (where he will fill the Benoit trainer/wrestler/educator role). Although, I still think Matt if screwed out of his US title before he moves will be the next title challenger while Miz/Morrison & Finlay/Hornswoggle continue there feud. Then after that when hopefully MIz/Morrison come out on top Finlay will move up to either challenging the new ECW champ Matt Hardy or into a three way feud with Matt & Henry for the gold.

IMO after the draft every brand is better (even Raw which needed a shake up), although ill miss JR on Raw if its permanent.

lol right of to see the match enjoy the draft peoples

Which one is Layla?

Things look bleak(er) for the new Smackdown women's division

Kofi to Raw disastrous decision

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wow, ECW miss another big talent in Kofi, ECW is going down the tubes.....

Kofi to Raw disastrous decision

TOO SOON!!!

Unless they real plans for him.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ECW is going down the tubes.....

Going :confused:

It ended with Kofi so London and Kendrick are no more and Deuce on his own of Raw bets on how quick he'll be fired anyone?, they werent even a decent tag team so being apart is not gonna help

rovert wrote: »
    Going :confused:

They've lost one of their big rating pullers in Punk and now the very exciting Kingston. I hate to say it, but if they are expecting Miz, Morrison, and Matt Hardy (not his fault-terrible booking-joke that he'll lose that US Title to Chavo without one solid feud) they are mistaken.

They've lost one of their big rating pullers in Punk

Source?

Presuming the draft is now over, this is a total list of all the draft changes:

RAW

Rey Mysterio
    CM Punk
    Batista
    Kane
    Jamie Noble
    Deuce
    Chuck Palumbo
    Matt Striker
    Layla
    Kofi Kingston

SMACKDOWN

Triple H
    Jeff Hardy
    Umaga
    Mr Kennedy
    Trevor Murdoch
    Big Daddy V
    DH Smith
    Brian Kendrick
    Maria
    Shelton Benjamin
    Carlito

ECW

Matt Hardy
    Mark Henry
    Super Crazy
    Fit Finlay
    Hornswoggle

Raw lost 10 stars, and gained 10 stars.
    Smackdown lost 9 stars and gained 11 stars.
    ECW lost 7 stars and gained 5 stars.

Basically Smackdown became the big winners out of this draft.

ECW is going to be even more repetitive

Source?

What? Who was the most over superstar on the roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

It ended with Kofi so London and Kendrick are no more and Deuce on his own of Raw bets on how quick he'll be fired anyone?, they werent even a decent tag team so being apart is not gonna help

Unfortunetly...not like they were doing much on Raw anyway. I had hope they would have atleast started a feud when they broke up. Back to the non-existant cruiserweight division.

Wonder just how many will be released soon enough....

• Advertisement

What? Who was the most over superstar on the roster.

You said he was ratings draw, ratings are a observable, statistcal measure. So show me your source for this measure for Punk.

I know they werent doing much on Raw but if they had both moved back to SD it would have been different

I know they werent doing much on Raw but if they had both moved back to SD it would have been different

Or the same or worse as it was when they were there originally ie. few if any tag teams.

Cade and Murdoch
    Deuce and Domino
    London and Kendrick
    Santino and Carlito

......................SuperCrazy and Jim Duggan :p

All broken up in the last few weeks,all they are short is splitting Cryme Tyme and The Highlanders and its job done on both tag divisions

Thats it draft done and dusted.Cant see ecw lasting to much longer and getting worse ratings to

Thats it draft done and dusted.Cant see ecw lasting to much longer and getting worse ratings to

Smackdown is far more important and they could bring in FCW or indy guys to bolster the roster. Not to mention having Raw guest stars. It'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The tag team division is gone down as it is, splitting London & Kendrick, Cade & Murdoch, Deuce & Dominio (not they were being used together recently) and both titles being held by single wrestlers put into tag teams (Rhodes & Holly, Miz & Morrison)

Even if they had been put on ECW, they could have had a decent feud against Miz and Morrison.

Smackdown is far more important and they could bring in FCW or indy guys to bolster the roster. Not to mention having Raw guest stars. It'll be fine.

Well they have dlo,ron killings and chris harris on their books doing nothing.why aint they on ecw, harris could do with the tv time and dlo/killings could help the younger wrestlers.
    Still say regal should be on ecw!

Well they have dlo,ron killings and chris harris on their books doing nothing.why aint they on ecw

Id tell you but it maybe malinformation.

WWE in wasting talent shocker!

You said he was ratings draw, ratings are a observable, statistcal measure. So show me your source for this measure for Punk.

I think it's using common sense to equate most over guy=big contributor to the ratings.

Still say regal should be on ecw!

he might still seing as he wasnt just suspended, he was on air fired from Raw, so presumably will need a new show when he returns from suspension and if he goes elsewhere he could still use his King gimmick. Although a move to SD might make more sense letting his feud with Kennedy resume while Finlay fills the veteran role on ECW.

• Advertisement

I think it's using common sense to equate most over guy=big contributor to the ratings.

No it is not. Again source?

No it is not. Again source?

I don't have a source, I really think it is self-explanatory. What do you think contributes significantly to ECW's ratings Rovert?:confused:

I don't have a source, I really think it is self-explanatory.

ITS NOT A MATTER OF OPINION.

Yes it is self-explanatory only when you view the measure which is Nielsen television ratings. You CANT say
    They've lost one of their big rating pullers in Punk

Without viewing this measure. I get so annoyed at some posters on this board value the own opinion over actual, provable, measurable fact.
    What do you think contributes significantly to ECW's ratings Rovert?:confused:

THe quarter hour ratings are fairly consistant, no one is/was truly a draw on ECW THATS WHY THEY ARE ON ECW IN THE FIRSTPLACE!

Rovert why do you use caps?that's shouting in net language and not needed.

Anyhow,roll on next week of wrestling,the fall out for noc and the new wrestlers on each brand.could be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fozzy wrote: »
    Time to make some new random tag teams. CM Punk and Deuce? Kennedy and DH Smith?

Why the **** would Kennedy and CM Punk team with two **** wrestlers who will probably be fired in six months?:eek:
    Carlito must be deleighted to be moved along with HHH:p

Rovert why do you use caps?that's shouting in net language and not needed.

Some people dont listen jeffk, you know yourself. You know on here: opinion > fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Punk appeared everywhere so I never thought that anybody watched ECW for him especially. Personally speaking, I watched ECW ahead of SMackdown for ages because for one, it is shorter and therefore takes up less of my time, secondly, they have some talented up and commers on their books in Elijah Burke and Kofi but mainly because of the Miz and especially John Morrison. Personally speaking I think they are the biggest draw.

On a side note, does anybody else think that the reason Kane moved to Raw was to create a tried and tested opening for Taker to return for his swangsong to Raw, and not Smackdown?

Punk appeared everywhere so I never thought that anybody watched ECW for him especially. Personally speaking, I watched ECW ahead of SMackdown for ages because for one, it is shorter and therefore takes up less of my time, secondly, they have some talented up and commers on their books in Elijah Burke and Kofi but mainly because of the Miz and especially John Morrison. Personally speaking I think they are the biggest draw.

On a side note, does anybody else think that the reason Kane moved to Raw was to create a tried and tested opening for Taker to return for his swangsong to Raw, and not Smackdown?

I have to semi agree there,overall brands i enjoy the wrestling on ecw much more.Sure to me smackdown has no wrestling in my eyes pior to the draft.

I have to say the vince angle could easily be taker but is it not a bit early to build to a mania showdown?Or am i wrong assuming takers gonna retire @ a mania

Either that or his charcter has jumped the shark five years ago and you cant change him anymore, so you change his surroundings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Some people dont listen jeffk, you know yourself. You know on here: opinion > fact.

For all the bitching about the place that you do, my friend, you've no problems spending all your days and nights posting here.

I really wish i had the amount of free time that you do. Heh, you remind me of someone i once knew, who's social life revolved around wrestling forums.

Best of luck to you. :)
    VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement