Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

For all the bitching about the place that you do, my friend, you've no problems spending all your days and nights posting here.

I really wish i had the amount of free time that you do. Heh, you remind me of someone i once knew, who's social life revolved around wrestling forums.

Best of luck to you. :)
    VR!

opinion > fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

For those wondering about Ron killings
    Former TNA wrestler Ron Killings should be debuting on television next month. At last word, the creative team will let him use his "The Truth" nickname. It should be noted that he's been coming out to his old TNA theme music -- which he owns. He's been working dark matches & house show events since late March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Raw
    Rey Mysterio
    CM Punk
    Michael Cole
    Batista
    Kane
    Jamie Noble
    Deuce
    Chuck Palumbo
    Matt Striker
    Layla
    Kofi

SmackDown
    Jeff Hardy
    Jim Ross
    Umaga
    Mr. Kennedy
    Triple H
    Trevor Murdoch
    Big Daddy V
    DH Smith
    Brian Kendrick
    Maria
    Shelton Benjamin
    Carlito

ECW
    Matt Hardy
    Mark Henry
    Hornswoggle
    Super Crazy
    Finlay

Is there any actual tag teams left in WWE at present.

Smackdown got the best in the draft.

What happens to Mr. Kennedy's feud now with Paul Burchill??????????

Its gone like kofi and sheltons fued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I never once said that ECW was doing well in the ratings rovert, stop manipulating what I'm saying. I meant that Punk is one of the few reasons people tuned in to watch ECW, regardless of howing small the audience is. The ratings will be even worse without Punk.

jeffk wrote: »
    For those wondering about Ron killings
    Former TNA wrestler Ron Killings should be debuting on television next month. At last word, the creative team will let him use his "The Truth" nickname. It should be noted that he's been coming out to his old TNA theme music -- which he owns. He's been working dark matches & house show events since late March

Malinformation

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Its ridiculous the amount of clowns that are just copying and pasting info and we dont even know the source they are from ..grrrr

rovert wrote: »
    Malinformation

Source?

the internet

the internet

Could you please say the website!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I never once said that ECW was doing well in the ratings rovert, stop manipulating what I'm saying.

Ive asked you before to directly quote me when reply to me. I never said you said ECW was doing well in the ratings.
    I meant that Punk is one of the few reasons people tuned in to watch ECW, regardless of howing small the audience is. The ratings will be even worse without Punk.

No you didnt:
    They've lost one of their big rating pullers in Punk and now the very exciting Kingston. I hate to say it, but if they are expecting Miz, Morrison, and Matt Hardy (not his fault-terrible booking-joke that he'll lose that US Title to Chavo without one solid feud) they are mistaken.

You yet to post factual evidence to back it up too.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Its ridiculous the amount of clowns that are just copying and pasting info and we dont even know the source they are from ..grrrr

Yes to an extent.

But the issue is jeffk cast aside The Wrestling Observer as malinformation. You he posts possibly made up news off the internet or at best a derrived for the Observer.

http://www.wrestlingunlimited.com/news/216434792
    so thats taking from Wreslting unlimited with the following quote
    "Former TNA wrestler Ron Killings should be debuting on television next month. At last word, the creative team will let him use his "The Truth" nickname. It should be noted that he's been coming out to his old TNA theme music -- which he owns. He's been working dark matches & house show events since late March."

You yet to post factual evidence to back it up too.

Big ratings puller as in the ratings they get, he plays a big part in getting those ratings, regardless of the size of the audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

"Former TNA wrestler Ron Killings should be debuting on television next month. At last word, the creative team will let him use his "The Truth" nickname. It should be noted that he's been coming out to his old TNA theme music -- which he owns. He's been working dark matches & house show events since late March."

That was taken from ProWrestling.net, a site that has sources and no ads. But you use a site that has no sources and annoying ads!

Rovert means a Link to a source I assume...Some people dont have a clue about the business or how it is run..like you LZ5by5..Ye just type what ye think is right

• Advertisement

Punk leaving won't affect ECW that much. I think Matt Hardy is much more popular than him for one. As well as that, Punk will probably show up on ECW now and again anyway

Rovert means a Link to a source I assume...Some people dont have a clue about the business or how it is run..like you LZ5by5..Ye just type what ye think is right

ECW's rating's are crap, but there are reasons why it has the figures that they have, small may they be. Why do you think people tune in to watch ECW if it's not to watch Punk?

Fozzy wrote: »
    Punk leaving won't affect ECW that much. I think Matt Hardy is much more popular than him for one. As well as that, Punk will probably show up on ECW now and again anyway

Just about to say the exact same thing myself..Hardy gets a big pop from the crowd all the time..Punk gets a few kids cheering..

ECW's rating's are crap, but there are reasons why it has the figures that they have, small may they be. Why do you think people tune in to watch ECW if it's not to watch Punk?

Miz and Morrison, and also its just an hour long so it doesnt take up 2 hours of your day with a snoozefest. Its 1 hour long which is perfect to show up and coming stars..Kingston, Sydal, Burke. etc..and this is what the few people tune in for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Miz and Morrison, and also its just an hour long so it doesnt take up 2 hours of your day with a snoozefest. Its 1 hour long which is perfect to show up and coming stars..Kingston, Sydal, Burke. etc..and this is what the few people tune in for

I gotta agree here, Punk v Guerrero has been on week after week and is as stale as last months loaf! It reminds me of Benoit v Finlay week after week at the end of 2006, at first it was just awesomeness, and then got very boring very quickly. My problem with ECW is whereas it's a good breeding ground for new guys for TV exposure, they end up on it for way too long.

VR!

• Advertisement

That's fair enough and I agree that it's great to see the likes of Burke and Kingston perform.

That was taken from ProWrestling.net, a site that has sources and no ads. But you use a site that has no sources and annoying ads!

A)ProWrestling.net has adds

B)That was true about the F4W pre-merger and I told Bryan the same thing.

C)Youve been warned about that stuff, VR.

:rolleyes:

Reply to post #511

C)Youve been warned about that stuff, VR.

What the f*ck are you talking about? Warned about what, and by who?
    Seeing as i actually hadn't responded to your last post, i'd love to know what you're on about.

VR!

Pop ups and ads are easy blocked by various programmes nowadays,sure most browsers have it included or as a simple addon(well simple in firefox)

Just because different people read differnet sites thats up to them.
    You wont see a indo reader roaring abuse @ some fella reading a sun on the dart will you?
    No but in a wrestling forum it seems to be acceptable to do something similar,just because its on the internet doesn't mean its not real people behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

You wont see a indo reader roaring abuse @ some fella reading a sun on the dart will you?

You'd be surprised actually! I've seen those type of flare-ups in the past!

Minto wrote: »
    You'd be surprised actually! I've seen those type of flare-ups in the past!

Yeah, but that's Tramore, they're all space-cakes down there! :D
    VR!

Yeah, but that's Tramore, they're all space-cakes down there! :D
    VR!

No, we're just literate and don't need to read comic books (The Sun), lol!

The Sun doesn't copy bits and pieces out of the Indo though and try to pass it off as its own work

The Sun doesn't copy bits and pieces out of the Indo though and try to pass it off as its own work

He's not wrong there, as far as examples of 3rd or 4th hand news from Meltzer pasted in and passing off as their own are nodq.com and rajah!

VR!

• Advertisement

It was an example thats all, jesus why do you and r****T read into everything so much.

JeffK do you know who you remind me of..The people that write on 388 on Sky Text..This also includes LZ5by5,,JPliz,,Brolly and Kane-N-Nite..I know ive just made a couple of enemies but ye dont have a clue

JeffK do you know who you remind me of..The people that write on 388 on Sky Text..This also includes LZ5by5,,JPliz,,Brolly and Kane-N-Nite..I know ive just made a couple of enemies but ye dont have a clue

Ah i used to being told that,sure you cant beat an old sweeping statement eh?
    And if the people who write into that haven't a clue and you read it does that mean you haven't a clue to?

Ah i used to being told that,sure you cant beat an old sweeping statement eh?
    And if the people who write into that haven't a clue and you read it does that mean you haven't a clue to?

No it doesnt..What a "388" thing to say

Pop ups and ads are easy blocked by various programmes nowadays,sure most browsers have it included or as a simple addon(well simple in firefox).

Spyware is harder to get around
    Just because different people read differnet sites thats up to them. You wont see a indo reader roaring abuse @ some fella reading a sun on the dart will you?

As these publications have actual journalists and not cut and paste (if you are lucky) artists
    No but in a wrestling forum it seems to be acceptable to do something similar,just because its on the internet doesn't mean its not real people behind it

Well in this thread called the man who collects most of this news, often uncredited Dave Melter as malinformation.

:D:D:D Jesus, I'd forgotten about that hell hole!

Sure if you get spyware you can reinstall your whole system in about thirty minutes,with the right technical know how of course.

Sure if you get spyware you can reinstall your whole system in about thirty minutes,with the right technical know how of course.

Yea, sure ya can. But if ya go to a decent website, ya can save yourself 30 mins.

[Insert personal insult here]

• Advertisement

I think rovert's point is why should you have to? Go to a different site that isn't riddled with adware and popup sh*te.

Anyone who goes to sh*t sites again and again deserves to get their PC trashed anyway.

VR!

Just out of curiosity VR, what sites do you go to? I only ask because you dislike F4W, but I can't see you logging on to wrestlezone.com either.

Just out of curiosity VR, what sites do you go to? I only ask because you dislike F4W, but I can't see you logging on to wrestlezone.com either.

www.wrestlingobserver.com :D

I knew where that was going, but had to click it anyway, lol! If he does, he prob uses the wrestling observer address out of spite, lol!

Because Matt and Chavo will both be on ECW/Raw I wouldn't be surprised to see Jericho lose the IC title to someone from Smackdown at the PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone have any ideas on how they'll bring taker back, what excuse they'll give etc??? I think that he may come back as the american bad ass... any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Tackle69 wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas on how they'll bring taker back, what excuse they'll give etc??? I think that he may come back as the american bad ass... any thoughts?
    Doubtful although thought the brief heel big evil was pretty cool. Its gonna be same old 10 minute walk to ring crap even on live t.v. in my opinion

Which was actually oringally taken from The Wrestling Observer, purple monkey dishwater.

MORE malinformation polluting the internet jeffk.
    Tackle69 wrote: »

I read it in a newsletter but Im going to wait until www.prowrestingMEGASCOOPS.com confirms it.

You guys are gonna find this hard to believe, but i actually don't go to any wrestling sites anymore. Back in the hay day, i went occasionally to thesmarks.com (which migrated into the411.com when in turn, migrated into 411mania.com). I always took what they wrote with a big dose of salt though, mainly because although they sourced Meltzer, it was always their own spin on it (although isn't everyones?), which was fair enough, but it was no longer biased, so i gave up.

Another reason i read was for spoilers. For years i didn't have sky sports, so i never knew what was going on and that was my only way of keeping up. I got the channels two years ago, so all spoiler reports were taken from my bookmarks and deleted. :)

VR!

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Doubtful although thought the brief heel big evil was pretty cool. Its gonna be same old 10 minute walk to ring crap even on live t.v. in my opinion

Yup, only difference is there's no fast forward option at house shows :(
    VR!

You guys are gonna find this hard to believe, but i actually don't go to any wrestling sites anymore.

*Bookmarked to be used against you on a later date*

• Advertisement
Advertisement