Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rovert wrote: »
    *Bookmarked to be used against you on a later date*

And good morning to you too, rovert. The above doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Thankfully i've got better things to do with my thursday mornings :)

VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

And good morning to you too, rovert. The above doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Thankfully i've got better things to do with my thursday mornings :)

VR!

Play in the rain?

Play in the rain?

Whatever floats your boat, dude :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fozzy wrote: »
    The Sun doesn't copy bits and pieces out of the Indo though and try to pass it off as its own work

Nah the Sun tells lies and passes it off as the truth thats much worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

callaway92 wrote: »
    JeffK do you know who you remind me of..The people that write on 388 on Sky Text..This also includes LZ5by5,,JPliz,,Brolly and Kane-N-Nite..I know ive just made a couple of enemies but ye dont have a clue

:confused:Stop trying to bait people. This is not the 1st time in this thread that you have done this. Grow up and stay on topic please.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :confused:Stop trying to bait people. This is not the 1st time in this thread that you have done this. Grow up and stay on topic please.

It is really bait as I could quote you threads of your comments to back up what callaway92 is saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

By Kevin Kelly - Wrestlezone

After watching last night's WWE Draft/Annual "Kill Vince" show, the most shocking draftee wasn't Triple H, Kane or anyone in tights. No, it was Jim Ross, who was drafted to SmackDown and no draftee has looked less thrilled since Eli Manning got picked by San Diego.

Why trade announcers? Vince has told fans for years that the announcers don't matter (don't call matches, ask moronic questions, look stupid, be a boob) so how can trading JR for Michael Cole help either show? It can't... this was personal.

Why was it personal? Why does Vince torture JR? After all, only one announcer has been so humiliated, beaten up and embarassed in his career. Everything has been a big rib on JR all of these years. It's sad really. But the reason why?

A few reasons, I believe. First, I think Vince hates looking at JR. Vince is so absorbed with appearance that he views those of us that are fat like Don Imus views blacks. Vince sees everything as "weakness". Fat people are weak. Sick people are weak.

Next, the sureest way to get anything in the WWE is say you don't want it to happen. Vince loves the chance to screw with people and has loved to put it to JR over the years. Vince relished the fights that Vince Russo would get into with JR over booking.

When JR wrote in his blog that he didn't want to move to SmackDown, I knew he would get it. Just out of spite, Vince would do that to JR just to show he has control, just because he can.

Since Vince knows the announcers matter very little (see Mike Adamle), the only reason he switched JR was spite. And what's worse, JR gave Vince what he wanted... the pouty face on TV. JR put the damn rib over.

So, to review. Vince is a mental case and JR played right into his hands. Vince sees weakness in everyone who is not him and loves to screw with people he knows will put it over. Raw's loss is SmackDown's gain but Vince getting his jollies once again at JR's expense is becoming an all-to-familiar song.

What a time Saturday at Fanslam! Nick is awesome, Eric Stein was great to meet and work with. Oh, and Chris Cash was there too! No, seriously, we are a great team and hopefully we will have more chances to work together.

As far as the show itself, I will write more about it, who did what, who had huge boobs and the post-show beer report from the hotel bar. That will be later this week.

JP Liz wrote: »
    By Kevin Kelly - Wrestlezone

Sorry but LOL

Insightful and groundbreaking article there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Kevin's lucky that he never had to suffer the indignity of being drafted from Raw to Smackdown

Kevin's lucky that he never had to suffer the indignity of being drafted from Raw to Smackdown

Nah they just told him to lose some weight fatty or else get kicked off television. Well he didnt and was shipped off to WWF.COM land and later fired.

Anyway Kevin Kelly and Chris Cash are nasty racists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Anyway Kevin Kelly and Chris Cash are nasty racists.

Source?

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Source?

Black wrestlers in WWF/E when he was there in Kevin Kelly's case.

New Jack's interview on Chris Cash's old radio show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Source?

Hahaha nice!

Kevin Kelly is a hermaphrodite though

Source:

Yep, all he had to suffer was being repeatedly humiliated by The Rock.....as the above post suggests.

I never heard that he was a racist before rovert, any particular articles that I can check out on this (seriously)?

I never heard that he was a racist before rovert, any particular articles that I can check out on this (seriously)?

It is asked of him in every interview he gives.

EdK wrote: »
    Hahaha nice!

Hardly original is it though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Nope

However it was simple and effective

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

JeffK do you know who you remind me of..The people that write on 388 on Sky Text..This also includes LZ5by5,,JPliz,,Brolly and Kane-N-Nite..I know ive just made a couple of enemies but ye dont have a clue

Grow up callaway. You persist to have a go at others because you don't like their opinions/comments/ideas. If you don't like what any of the above members have to say, just skip their posts and get on with it. You will certainly not bully me into leaving this forum with your snide comments every 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

brolly wrote: »
    Grow up callaway. You persist to have a go at others because you don't like their opinions/comments/ideas. If you don't like what any of the above members have to say, just skip their posts and get on with it. You will certainly not bully me into leaving this forum with your snide comments every 5 minutes.

Calm down like..I tells it at I sees it..And I was dying to say it..If you dont like what I say you can just skip that:rolleyes:...Stop dragging this off topic..At least I am making valid points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Calm down like..I tells it at I sees it..And I was dying to say it..If you dont like what I say you can just skip that:rolleyes:...Stop dragging this off topic..At least I am making valid points

Well can you back up your statement that these posters "haven't got a clue"?

I'd say they're just as informed as you or any of the rest of us are.

To be fair, your comment earlier played a part in dragging it off topic. And if you're not part of the solution, you're also part of the problem.

Not picking sides here, but it's kinda stupid telling people off for taking it off topic when you're part responsible for it.

Just an observation.
    VR!

Im just saying though..At least I am making valid points..Ive got nothing against Brolly him/herself..I just think some of the points he/she makes are ridiculous..End of dicussion before this thread gets closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Being perfectly honest, I can't remember 1 comment that you have made apart from the 1 where you said you didn't like Taker despite your name. All that you did was pick on the posters with a lower post count than you (with the exception of Rovert, probably because you know he'd have bitten your head off).

You say you make valid points, but you don't. You advise people to just skip your comments if they don't like what you say, but if you make insulting comments aimed at them with no evidence whatsoever no poster is going to leave that be. You then ask them to stop dragging it off topic. What on Earth was your post about which posters you didn't like supposed to do.

With posts like that, you aren't going to endear yourself to this board. I suggest you drag up KentonBomb's posting history for other tips on how not to behave

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Don't patronise me callaway - you were the idiot that made the original comment that dragged it off topic. I was merely responding to your idiotic comments.

I made no personal abuse against you. You just took it too far there

• Advertisement

I made no personal abuse against you. You just took it too far there

In fairness at least supply some specfic back up when you make claims like that about posters.

brolly wrote: »
    Don't patronise me callaway - you were the idiot that made the original comment that dragged it off topic. I was merely responding to your idiotic comments.

Back on topic or there will be a ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Is there ever a thread here that doesn't either get dragged off topic or end up in an arguement?

hunter164 wrote: »
    Is there ever a thread here that doesn't either get dragged off topic or end up in an arguement?

Not when people continue to talk off topic when I've said not to. Last chance. Seriously

• Advertisement

*bows down to Foz's iron fist*
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Given the people involved in this one, there was a time when i'd have ben up to my neck in this latest row. yet i didn't even know it was going on 'till it was too late.

Must be getting old, or soft, or both.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Was Chavo drafted?

If not, it looks like the US Title is staying on ECW along with the WWE Tag Titles.

ECW has gone fom having one title to three.

With only an hour of TV time every week, I reckon Chavo should win the US Title and then get drafted.

Was Chavo drafted?

If not, it looks like the US Title is staying on ECW along with the WWE Tag Titles.

ECW has gone fom having one title to three.

With only an hour of TV time every week, I reckon Chavo should win the US Title and then get drafted.

Well, there's time yet. Not for a draft, but for a title switching shows. ECW was meant to be taped before Raw starting soon, so I thought that Jericho would lose the IC title at the PPV to a Smackdown wrestler, leaving the US title to Raw/ECW. But now ECW won't be taped before Raw until August. So Matt could keep the title and then lose it to a Smackdown guy at the end of July. The same will probably happen the tag belts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Yup, only difference is there's no fast forward option at house shows :(
    VR!
    Does mark still have to do house shows? thought he was given a part time contract 2 years ago only allowing him to wrestle when he wants. Maybe its changed.

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Does mark still have to do house shows? thought he was given a part time contract 2 years ago only allowing him to wrestle when he wants. Maybe its changed.

You are the mark in this situation.

Well, there's time yet. Not for a draft, but for a title switching shows. ECW was meant to be taped before Raw starting soon, so I thought that Jericho would lose the IC title at the PPV to a Smackdown wrestler, leaving the US title to Raw/ECW. But now ECW won't be taped before Raw until August. So Matt could keep the title and then lose it to a Smackdown guy at the end of July. The same will probably happen the tag belts

I hope you're right, it would be ridiculous for Hardy to lose the US Title without even being given a solid feud over it. He hasn't gotten a chance to prove himself yet with that title around his waist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'm hoping that Matt Hardy gets to keep the US title on ECW. Having a secondary title with somebody like Matt Hardy holding it may make the ECW World Championship seem a bit more important.

Also, At the moment, Kane is holding Raw's primary title, and on the wwe site, he is listed as first, above the intercontinental title. I know it's not much, but it does go some way to making the ecw seem a bit more like a legitamate primary title.

As primarily a smackdown watcher, I'm quite excited about how the draft went. Over the last few years smackdown has done pretty well with new talent, it will be interesting to see if Shelton Benjamin and Brian Kendrick can make a few steps up the card.

(also the WWE title holder on Smackdown is listed below the World Heavyweight Belt, possibly implying that the WWE title is less important)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Both Matt and Jeff Hardy weren't told about their respective brand moves beforehand. After their one match together on Raw, Matt was sent to ECW and the reaction you saw from them was their real reaction because both brothers had no idea it was going to happen. In Jeff's case, he was told about the move to SmackDown a few moments before the announcement on television. On another note regarding the brand changes, pretty much all of the draftees with the probable exception of Triple H have no idea what the moves mean or what their new roles will be as creative hasn't given them an explanation on anything.

I think Jeff will do well on SD if he stays clean he could be a future WWE/WHC Champion he is probably the biggest face in WWE at present

Shaneomac wrote: »

Didn't he just do a bunch of them In Ozland?
    I'm pretty sure that contract has changed, he was working a full time schedule during his last couple of title reigns.

He was on a 2 TV appearances a month contract (or something like that) but that was around 2004-2005.
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Also I would just like to say I was right about Jeff going to Smackdown and Matt going to Raw (Via ECW) as I said on the Podcast I appeared on. Bow down to me :D.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Also I would just like to say I was right about Jeff going to Smackdown and Matt going to Raw (Via ECW) as I said on the Podcast I appeared on. Bow down to me :D.

Hey I called Jeff Hardy to SD too!;) It was a real shock wasn't it? Because according to certain posters on here, we would have heard about it from one of the "respectable" wrestling sites beforehand.:p

Hey I called Jeff Hardy to SD too!;) It was a real shock wasn't it? Because according to certain posters on here, we would have heard about it from one of the "respectable" wrestling sites beforehand.:p

Not strictly true. Certain things Observer didn't know beforehand because they were kept quiet, Hogan to NWO in 1996 for a good example. If any promotion needs to keep anything quiet, believe me, they'll do so. That's like expecting a website to know that WWE is going to fire a guy... before he gets fired!

And no website or dirt sheet will be able to report it until after the fact, when they'll find out the actual reasoning behind it.

VR!

Not strictly true. Certain things Observer didn't know beforehand because they were kept quiet, Hogan to NWO in 1996 for a good example. If any promotion needs to keep anything quiet, believe me, they'll do so. That's like expecting a website to know that WWE is going to fire a guy... before he gets fired!

And no website or dirt sheet will be able to report it until after the fact, when they'll find out the actual reasoning behind it.

VR!

Oh I totally agree. When I said Jeff Hardy could be going to SD, a certain poster claimed it's not happening because we would have heard about it. I said that that is ridiculous, a website will not know everything.

I would have liked to have seen Matt stay there, and Jeff have the potential of turning heel. That would make for a decent feud. Although their PPV match at Vengeance 2001 wasn't anything to write home about though. But would still be interesting to see nearly seven years later.

Of course, Matt being moved to the C show, RAW's new Heat makes me a very happy man :D

VR!

Oh I totally agree. When I said Jeff Hardy could be going to SD, a certain poster claimed it's not happening because we would have heard about it. I said that that is ridiculous, a website will not know everything.

Again LZ5by5 fails to directly quote me on this, I included a disclaimer that plans do change. Anyway Meltzer did called most of the moves and you cant make judgements about sites/newsletters if you dont read them.

Again LZ5by5 fails to directly quote me on this, I included a disclaimer that plans do change. Anyway Meltzer did called most of the moves and you cant make judgements about sites/newsletters if you dont read them.
    Originally posted by rovert
    If Jeff Hardy was moving you have heard about the possibility. It is not happening.

Quote dated 17/06/08, post no. 243:)

And I have no problem with a site not calling everything, that would be impossible.

Not strictly true. Certain things Observer didn't know beforehand because they were kept quiet, Hogan to NWO in 1996 for a good example.

Both Observer and the Torch reported before hand that Hogan was most likely to be the 3rd man IF Hogan decided to go through with it. Hogan was even going back and forth on turning heel, Sting was the back up plan if Hogan pulled out during the 11th hour.

A better example is HHH's current move to Smackdown. As the week after Wrestlemania he recorded personalised Smackdown advertisements to air when they move the show to MyNetwork TV. Everyone who attended that filming was made to sign confidentiality agreements.

Quote dated 17/06/08, post no. 243:)

And I have no problem with a site not calling everything, that would be impossible.

As I replied to the first time you brought this up;
    In fairness that was seven days ago and alot of these decisions were made last minute. Not to mention the long term plan of Cena/HHH wont be happening. I more right than wrong in this thread.

Even a blind squirral such as yourself finds a nut occasionly.

• Advertisement

As I replied to the first time you brought this up;

Even a blind squirral such as yourself finds a nut occasionly.

It is not even about being right, it's about someone being obsessively dismissive of anything that could happen in wrestling because it hasn't been reported on by credible sources. I don't think John Cena's RR win was previously reported on. I don't think Randy Orton's WM win was reported on by credible sources.

Advertisement