Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    it's about someone being obsessively dismissive of anything that could happen in wrestling because it hasn't been reported on by credible sources.

Think about this statement
    I don't think John Cena's RR win was previously reported on. I don't think Randy Orton's WM win was reported on by credible sources.

As they were kept secret and decided at the last minute respectively. These are the exceptions to the rule so to speak. I made a statement taking in all the information that I had in front of me TWO WEEKS AGO. WWE scrapped a lot of their plans in that timeframe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »
    Think about this statement

As they were kept secret and decided at the last minute respectively.

They were kept secret and decided at the last minute, I agree. So even though you knew through the situations with Orton and Cena that shocks could still happen, you still completely dismissed the possibility of Jeff moving to SD.

They were kept secret and decided at the last minute, I agree. So even though you knew through the situations with Orton and Cena that shocks could still happen, you still completely dismissed the possibility of Jeff moving to SD.

After reading the plans they had for him on RAW at the time in which I made my statement. PLANS CHANGED THREE TIMES SINCE!!! Not to mention Jeff himself didnt know.

After reading the plans they had for him on RAW at the time in which I made my statement. PLANS CHANGED THREE TIMES SINCE!!! Not to mention Jeff himself didnt know.

Exactly though, that's my point. It's unpredictable and anything can happen, plans can change countless times. You shouldn't have closed the book on the possibility of Jeff moving completely.

Exactly though, that's my point. It's unpredictable and anything can happen, plans can change countless times. You shouldn't have closed the book on the possibility of Jeff moving completely.

I didnt tho.

Everyone who made predictions here made them on the assumption that plans could change.
    I made a statement taking in all the information that I had in front of me TWO WEEKS AGO. WWE scrapped a lot of their plans in that timeframe.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by rovert (17/06- #243)
    If Jeff Hardy was moving you have heard about the possibility. It is not happening.

Saying "it is not happening" is a pretty definitive answer on how you viewed the suggestion that Jeff could move. And don't give me "plans changed various times". From experience of Cena's RR win and Orton's WM win people should have anticipated that anything could happen and that scenario's can change.

Saying "it is not happening" is a pretty definitive answer on how you viewed the suggestion that Jeff could move. .

Which was made two weeks ago viewing the information in front me akin to many here saying HBK wasnt going to Smackdown HAS ONE REPORTED IT WOULD BE HAPPENING, which was in fact correct. This thread was titled PREDICTIONS and at time Hardy moving was a lesser possiblity to move than many, many others.
    And don't give me "plans changed various times". From experience of Cena's RR win and Orton's WM win people should have anticipated that anything could happen and that scenario's can change.
    Everyone who made predictions here made them on the assumption that plans could change.

Which was made two weeks ago viewing the information in front me akin to many here saying HBK wasnt going to Smackdown HAS ONE REPORTED IT WOULD BE HAPPENING, which was in fact correct. This thread was titled PREDICTIONS.

As I said it is not about me being right, so I obviously agree that everyone made an assumption on what they think could happen, based on how they thought a move to whatever show could help that superstar.

You said that there was no chance of Jeff moving to SD two weeks ago, which was a naive statement. How many reports did we read coming up to WM24 that Orton was the outsider for the win? From experience with that situation you should have taken into account that plans can change, just as they did in Orton's case.

And you didn't predict, you completely dismissed other people's prediction's, taking your opinion as fact.

As I said it is not about me being right, so I obviously agree that everyone made an assumption on what they think could happen, based on how they thought a move to whatever show could help that superstar.

So what is your ****ing problem then with me, then?
    You said that there was no chance of Jeff moving to SD two weeks ago, which was a naive statement..

Erm I actually said that. Its not naive LZ5by5 as those were the plans for Hardy since December. Even with draft he still will be working with HHH so an element of the former long term plan is still intact.
    How many reports did we read coming up to WM24 that Orton was the outsider for the win? From experience with that situation you should have taken into account that plans can change, just as they did in Orton's case.

Once again there is exceptions to every rule and they changed their plans as a result of those internet reports. As Vince didnt like that the result leaked and was common knowledge among fans. Anyway these reports where opinions made after seeing how Orton was booked as Champ not fact (a concept youve difficulty understanding.)
    And you didn't predict, you completely dismissed other people's prediction's, taking your opinion as fact.

No I didnt. I posted in a predictions thread after viewing all the information I had in front of me. If you have a chip on your shoulder about me bullying you after the factually incorrect, driffle you posted in other threads, get over it. In my opinion it is not an if as you PM'd me and have brought my prediction about Jeff Hardy up on two seperate occasions (Tuesday and AGAIN Yesterday) in this thread. But youve never mentioned the amount of correct predictions I made especially the HBK one.

My problem with you is simply this; don't portray your opinion as fact when you have no basis whatsoever in dismissing other people's thoughts. Anything can happen, plans are always open to change and saying "at the time there was no evidence to support that Jeff was going to SD" simply doesn't cut it with me. There was no evidence to suggest that he was definitely staying on Raw, but you still dismissed him moving to SD as not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

this entire page is just you two back and forth argueing...ever heard of a PM?

yes I know this wasnt productively moving the thread forward from me either but like how im sure others feel, i expect more comments on the draft when i see this thread is several posts bigger instead of personnal arguements, which is becomming all to frequent on this board in recent times. Infact since several new people started posting here (not naming names) the threads on this bored seem to always go off topic due to personnal abuse, nitpicking etc...

On topic: after the draft the biggest Question for me is what will happen with the U.S title as i expect atleast one of the big titles to not be succesfully defended at NOC and return to Raw, but the US title is being competed over by two ECW wrestlers so is that its new long term home?

maybe the fact that there will now be a Divas title on SD will compinsate the brand, but id still expect something along the lines of Chavo to win at NOC.after Vicky announces that in a trade with estrada she has organised that Chavo/the US title will return to La Familia and SD in exchange for someone/multiple nobodies. Then on SD Chavo, Benjamin, Carlito and otherss that had already been on SD will compete for the US title.

My problem with you is simply this; don't portray your opinion as fact when you have no basis whatsoever in dismissing other people's thoughts. Anything can happen, plans are always open to change and saying "at the time there was no evidence to support that Jeff was going to SD" simply doesn't cut it with me.

LZ5by5's lack of reading comphrension skills comes in play again.

Allow me to repeat this yet again I (rovert) made that statement in a thread marked PREDICTIONS. I never portayed it as fact, once again LZ5by5 you start assuming things and get in trouble. DO I have preface everything I say in a thread marked PREDICTIONS with "in my opinion?" How can something be a FACT if it hasnt happened yet?

AGAIN the basis I used was the information available to me at time TWO WEEKS AGO.
    There was no evidence to suggest that he was definitely staying on Raw, but you still dismissed him moving to SD as not happening.

THAT WAS TWO WEEKS AGO, JESUS **** GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD WHEN I MADE THAT STATEMENT!

You cant say there is no evidence as you dont read credible news sources or in general come across overly informed. Again dont make sweeping statements you cant back up. As Ive took you to task for it before.

Yet again you avoid the fact that I was right about HBK after viewing the same information I used in my statement about Hardy, you are being far from fair here to the extent it is bullying.

yes I know this wasnt productively moving the thread forward from me either but like how im sure others feel, i expect more comments on the draft when i see this thread is several posts bigger instead of personnal arguements, which is becomming all to frequent on this board in recent times. Infact since several new people started posting here (not naming names) the threads on this bored seem to always go off topic due to personnal abuse, nitpicking etc...

The fact of the matter LZ5by5 brought this up on both Tuesday and Yesterday to antagonise me. He holds a grudge against me.

On topic: after the draft the biggest Question for me is what will happen with the U.S title as i expect atleast one of the big titles to not be succesfully defended at NOC and return to Raw, but the US title is being competed over by two ECW wrestlers so is that its new long term home?

maybe the fact that there will now be a Divas title on SD will compinsate the brand, but id still expect something along the lines of Chavo to win at NOC.after Vicky announces that in a trade with estrada she has organised that Chavo/the US title will return to La Familia and SD in exchange for someone/multiple nobodies. Then on SD Chavo, Benjamin, Carlito and otherss that had already been on SD will compete for the US title.

All i'll say is that he always has an excuse. Even when he's wrong, he's right.:rolleyes: And we were arguing over Jeff Hardy's draft, so we didn't go off topic at all.:)

Unfortunately I also believe that Chavo will be winning the US Title at NoC. I just hope they compensate for it by having Hardy go straight for the ECW Title (Big Show also being the likely champion).

All i'll say is that he always has an excuse.

It is not an excuse, you clearly have a problem with me if you are going down that road. I notice you didnt reply to my last post, so my "excuse" which has remained consistant since Tuesday morning when you brought it up the first time must been a solid one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

They have to throw a spanner in the works and have either HHH retain the title at NoC or Kane to retain it against Big Show. I don't see the point in having the titles go back to the show as everyone would be expecting it.

My ideal situation which isn't going to happen as ECW is moving, but what I would love to see is, HHH retains the title and Kane retains the title. This then give SM 2 titles, Raw 1 and ECW 0. So then they somehow switch the titles and get the guy on Raw to hold the WWE Title while the one who held it before gets the ECW title. Then they unify the 2 belts and have an undisputed title which Smackdown and ECW superstars can only fight for and Raw has its own title. I think that would be a much better idea.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    They have to throw a spanner in the works and have either HHH retain the title at NoC or Kane to retain it against Big Show. I don't see the point in having the titles go back to the show as everyone would be expecting it.

My ideal situation which isn't going to happen as ECW is moving, but what I would love to see is, HHH retains the title and Kane retains the title. This then give SM 2 titles, Raw 1 and ECW 0. So then they somehow switch the titles and get the guy on Raw to hold the WWE Title while the one who held it before gets the ECW title. Then they unify the 2 belts and have an undisputed title which Smackdown and ECW superstars can only fight for and Raw has its own title. I think that would be a much better idea.

What would be Raw's one title? Do you mean by Batista defeating Edge? If so I think it would have some potential, it would certainly make ECW more interesting anyway.

I would prefer the more straight forward scenario of Cena and Edge winning. I think the "spanner" could be the results of the ECW/ US Title matches. If Kane and Matt win, it would certainly be intruiging.

Rovert, we'll continue this by PM

Well Kane is the ECW champion isn't he? So if he retains that or as you say Batista didn't think if that.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Well Kane is the ECW champion isn't he? So if he retains that or as you say Batista didn't think if that.

I just read the ECW match is a TT match now, Mark Henry has been added. So Henry has to be favourite since he is officially an ECW superstar.

PM shoot from LZ5by5~! Dude get **** over it, well done you were right once in your life. I addressed EVERYTHING in your PM on the board all ready. You continue with all your trademarks a lack of reading comprehension, selectively replying to people, making sweeping statements (not backing them up) and putting words in people's mouths. Not to mention just being plain wrong. Ive outline my stance consistantly and clearly time and time again to you yet to dont accept it. Youve selectively decided to bully me for the one thing I was incorrect on in my PREDICTIONS on two seperate occasions. You are very petty.

Anyway that's what I would like to see but I can't see it being done. I think would be great for ECW and Smackdown.

• Advertisement

PM shoot from LZ5by5~! Dude **** over it, well done you were right once in your life. I address EVERYTHING in your PM on the board. You continue with all your trademarks a lack of reading comprehension, selectively replying to people, making sweeping statements (not backing them up) and putting words in people's mouths. Not to mention just being plain wrong. Ive outline my stance consistantly and clearly time and time again to you.

Classy and so, so mature. I've addressed everything you have said, but you still steamroll through everything with your eyes closed shouting "TWO WEEKS AGO, I SAID IT TWO WEEKS AGO WITH THE INFORMATION THAT WAS AVAILABLE!" Newsflash: there has been little to no information about Jeff hardy going to SD in the past 2 weeks so you would have still been dismissing the possibility the day before the draft, an hour before the draft.......

I tried to take this out of this thread by PMing you but have an obbession with getting some kind of public approval. And you're not a wrestler, so you're not "shooting" on me:rolleyes:

Classy and so, so mature. I've addressed everything you have said, but you still steamroll through everything with your eyes closed shouting "TWO WEEKS AGO, I SAID IT TWO WEEKS AGO WITH THE INFORMATION THAT WAS AVAILABLE!" Newsflash: there has been little to no information about Jeff hardy going to SD in the past 2 weeks so you would have still been dismissing the possibility the day before the draft, an hour before the draft.......

I tried to take this out of this thread by PMing you but have an obbession with getting some kind of public approval. And you're not a wrestler, so you're not "shooting" on me:rolleyes:

Definition: A prediction is a statement or claim that a particular event will occur in the future in more certain terms than a forecast.

I said TWO WEEKS AGO: "If Jeff Hardy was moving you have heard about the possibility. It is not happening."

Wheres the problem?

Dudes seriously give it a break
    Rovert don't be so stuck up and admit you were wrong for a change, if you simply had of said "Ahh well I didn't think they would put him on SM" nobody would have said anything but basically you have tried to go back on your word. You said "It is not happening" That isn't a prediction sentance a prediction sentence would be "I really can't see it happening" instead of what you did say.

L-whatever- Don't bother replying to posts by Rovert, same to you Rovert both of you are just basically copying and pasting your last posts as you are saying the same thing all the time.

Honestly I like good discussions but the 2 of you are bitching like school girls at each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rovert and LZ5by5, nobody wants to read the two of you arguing about what's a prediction and what's not. Leave it out of this thread

Definition: A prediction is a statement or claim that a particular event will occur in the future in more certain terms than a forecast.

I said TWO WEEKS AGO: "If Jeff Hardy was moving you have heard about the possibility. It is not happening."

Wheres the problem?

Again you claim that I am not listening to your two weeks claim. I am, and I have given you repeatedly my counter that anything is possible (Orton and Cena win). And you didn't predict, you flat out dismissed someone. If you had said "I don't think it will happen because......" I would have said that's cool. But you used the words, "it is not happening", which is very dismissive.

And I am not bullying you. You're the one getting hot under the collar and screaming through the cap locks on your computer.

Fozzy wrote: »
    rovert and LZ5by5, nobody wants to read the two of you arguing about what's a prediction and what's not. Leave it out of this thread

Fozzy, I took it to PM, and he took it back here, this is not my problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Again you claim that I am not listening to your two weeks claim. I am, and I have given you repeatedly my counter that anything is possible (Orton and Cena win). And you didn't predict, you flat out dismissed someone. If you had said "I don't think it will happen because......" I would have said that's cool. But you used the words, "it is not happening", which is very dismissive.

And I am not bullying you. You're the one getting hot under the collar and screaming through the cap locks on your computer.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you typed that before you read my last post. If it happens again there will be a ban

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you typed that before you read my last post. If it happens again there will be a ban

I did. And I apologize, as I said I took it to PM but he brought it back here with his public "shoot".

General question to the board, please delete Fozzy if this over steps the boundarys youve set and I really dont want to be banned:

If ANYTHING is possible then why have a prediction thread in the first place? As some things are more likely to happen than others. It is not the national lottery its a fixed draw in a predetermined, scripted "sport."

Do we need to make an amendment to the charter? New rule no more prediction threads.

• Advertisement

its pre-determined yes but not by us so we predict what they have decided on already. Prediction threads are fine IMO its just when people start argueing because they cant agree on what someone else said in a prediction thread.

its pre-determined yes but not by us so we predict what they have decided on already.

But the point is that plans do in fact change. As Hardy was meant to be adding to the Raw title match at Night of Champions then two weeks after that it was decided the next PPV after NoC would be HHH/CENA/HARDY. So they hadnt decided on Hardy's move when the thread was started.

so what if they hadnt decided, the fact that we arent always going to be right because things can change isnt a reason to not have a type of thread....

... although again i dont now want to be the reason this thread stays off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I love rovert, man. He make me look tame and a pacifist by comparison. :)
    I remember when i was getting the hate he was getting last year. :D

VR!

I love rovert, man. He make me look tame and a pacifist by comparison. :)
    I remember when i was getting the hate he was getting last year. :D

VR!

The difference is Im right.

Anyway who else is having sleepless nights over the fate of the US Belt?

You crack me up man:rolleyes:;)

On Topic:

Now that Henry has been added to the ECW title match, i'll go out on a limb and say he wins.

Matt Hardy will lose (US Title stays on SD)

HHH will lose (WWE Title stays on Raw)

Batista will lose (WHC stays on SD)

I know that is tying things up neatly though. The only thing that would surprise me is if Matt wins, the Raw/ ECW merge hasn't happened yet so he can still get something decent out of the belt.

• Advertisement

Only in your mind, but we'll leave that at that.

Not me, it's a jobberweight title, has been for years.
    VR!

You crack me up man:rolleyes:;)

On Topic:

Now that Henry has been added to the ECW title match, i'll go out on a limb and say he wins.

Matt Hardy will lose (US Title stays on SD)

HHH will lose (WWE Title stays on Raw)

Batista will lose (WHC stays on SD)

I know that is tying things up neatly though. The only thing that would surprise me is if Matt wins, the Raw/ ECW merge hasn't happened yet so he can still get something decent out of the belt.

So you can say WILL and but I cant say not happening, okey dokey.

Ive no interest in where the titles go as it is OTT in my opinion the World Titles should only be the ones which hanging in the place.

So you can say WILL and but I cant say not happening, okey dokey.

Ive no interest in where the titles go as it is OTT in my opinion the World Titles should only be the ones which hanging in the place.

I'm predicting and laying out a scenario, not dismissing;)

Each show needs to be balanced when it comes to titles, that's why i'm showing an interest.

I'm predicting and laying out a scenario, not dismissing;)

You are still using absolutes

OK man I put my hands up, it was an unintentional badly worded post.

originally posted by Validreasoning!
    Not me, it's a jobberweight title, has been for years.

*resists urge to argue over this*:D

• Advertisement

OK man I put my hands up, it was an unintentional badly worded post.

Dont worry it is a PREDICTIONS thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

I reckon The titles change Brands, i.e. Edge Loses WHC to Batista and Raw and HHH keeps the other on SD! Though that instance would have HHH stay on SD! for the foreseable future, and many people seem to doubt that possibility. Ah, well. Just my ideas.

Can't wait to see what new feuds work out. Smackdown is still second in many people's eyes, I'd imagine, but it looks better - on paper anyway, now. Good to see Kennedy there. Would like to see him and Edge have a good bash up.

Saw there was a 'supplemental draft', too which changed Kofi to Raw and that. Good auld shake up is good for business.

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    I reckon The titles change Brands, i.e. Edge Loses WHC to Batista and Raw and HHH keeps the other on SD! Though that instance would have HHH stay on SD! for the foreseable future, and many people seem to doubt that possibility. Ah, well. Just my ideas.

Can't wait to see what new feuds work out. Smackdown is still second in many people's eyes, I'd imagine, but it looks better - on paper anyway, now. Good to see Kennedy there. Would like to see him and Edge have a good bash up.

Saw there was a 'supplemental draft', too which changed Kofi to Raw and that. Good auld shake up is good for business.

SD is a lot better off defnitely. With HHH, Edge, Jeff Hardy and perhaps Ken Kennedy the ME is going to be very exciting.

Then you have the mid card with Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, maybe Kennedy for the time being, Jeff for the time being and Umaga for the time being.

Iv'e never been too worried about missing SD but i'll definitely be getting up early on Saturday to watch it now (hangover or no hangover!:pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

SD is a lot better off defnitely. With HHH, Edge, Jeff Hardy and perhaps Ken Kennedy the ME is going to be very exciting.

Then you have the mid card with Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, maybe Kennedy for the time being, Jeff for the time being and Umaga for the time being.

Iv'e never been too worried about missing SD but i'll definitely be getting up early on Saturday to watch it now (hangover or no hangover!:pac:)

Agreed.
    Hope Umaga gets a real feud of his own. I really like watching him fight. I always got the impression he was a high-mid card "call-in fighter" though. He had that J.Hardy thing going (amongst others), but I saw that as a build up to a HHH-Jeff feud. He needs a good mouthpiece, though.

He has no real feuds that stand out in my mind. Nothing that added to his initial "silent destructor" character.

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Hope Umaga gets a real feud of his own. I really like watching him fight. I always got the impression he was a high-mid card "call-in fighter" though. He had that J.Hardy thing going (amongst others), but I saw that as a build up to a HHH-Jeff feud. He needs a good mouthpiece, though.

He has no real feuds that stand out in my mind. Nothing that added to his initial "silent destructor" character.

There are rumours going around that they might tweek his gimmick slightly and reveal that he can speak english. That could work but as you said he neds a mouthpiece. I think Estrada did an excellent job as his manager but something tells me that they might be making Estrada more of a wrestler than a manager now.

something tells me that they might be making Estrada more of a wrestler than a manager now.

Would that something be the fact that he's actually in the ring... wrestling matches now? ;)

(sorry dude, but you ran into that one!)
    VR!

Would that something be the fact that he's actually in the ring... wrestling matches now? ;)

(sorry dude, but you ran into that one!)
    VR!

Ha yeah, but I wasn't sure if they were going to keep going with it or just have him do it until he wins a contract (has he won a contract yet?).

Ha yeah, but I wasn't sure if they were going to keep going with it or just have him do it until he wins a contract (has he won a contract yet?).

No idea, i actually missed SD and ECW this week, i had the timer set for 10pm on Friday for SD (as i do), and to my shock and horror, when i went to watch yesterday morning... i found, to my dismay... GOLF!

Cúnts! Some warning would have been nice!
    VR!

No idea, i actually missed SD and ECW this week, i had the timer set for 10pm on Friday for SD (as i do), and to my shock and horror, when i went to watch yesterday morning... i found, to my dismay... GOLF!

Cúnts! Some warning would have been nice!
    VR!

The ultimate horror!:eek::pac:

Estrada is looking well I have to say. I expected him to win a contract before the draft so that he would be eligible for it. If he can improve his craft as a wrestler then he could be make it big.

The ultimate horror!:eek::pac:

Estrada is looking well I have to say. I expected him to win a contract before the draft so that he would be eligible for it. If he can improve his craft as a wrestler then he could be make it big.

The guy was never a natural athlete and is a wellness suspension ready to happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement